Galactica movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr_Chaz

Apparently so

It's interesting timing, doing it while interest is still hot. But at the same time it's going to be tough, and risky, they'll effectively have to "top" the series.

What do you think, necessary? Unnecessary? Don't give a hoot?

Z

zero

Well, the bar has been set by the new series, and it is VERY high. So far, my opinion is between "unnecessary" and "foolish" (particularly considering the upcoming "Caprica" series) but heck, we'll see...

This is going to be Larson's film this time around?

He may be able to appease the fans of the original show that have grand kids old enough to enjoy the movie.

It will likely be bad.

I'd prefer a movie related to the new series that explains some of the "higher power" bullshit. This just seems like a bad idea. Both old and new BSG had a "saga" vibe, and I just don't think you can do justice to that with a 2 hour reboot.

O

Oddbot

WTF this got me all excited for a movie set in the Ron Moore's BSG... but NO... it's just another bullshit hollywood reboot. :facepalm:

R

Rubicon

this should have just been a reply in the "Shake your head" thread lol..

this is gonna be so full of fail.. like im not even really interested in Caprica. i'll watch it yet but as far as im concerned bsg wrapped up nicely and i dont wanna taint its glorious ending

DarkAudit said:
What can they add to the story now that it's all over? Another reboot?
From what I read that's exactly what it is: yet ANOTHER reboot.

When will movie/TV/game executives get it through their thick skulls that any certain franchise was successful because at some point it was GOOD, and that just re-hashing the formula does NOT mean that the reboot will be good? The new BSG was good because it was so well-written, NOT because it was in space, or had cylons, or any one reason. It's the WRITING stupid!

W

Wyrminarrd

Strange decision, I would have thought that waiting at least a few more years would have made more sense but I guess they are hoping to strike while the iron is still hot.

If I was writing the movie I would have it set in a final confrontation right after or just before Galactica finds Earth. Naturally this would limit the possibilities of sequels but I can't believe that they are planning to make many of these films.

It would be kind of cool if the Earth in this movie is ours and Galactica arrives in our time, it certainly would be better then the bs ending that the series had.

As i understand it's more of a "what if the new series didn't happen and they just rebooted the original"... If we get Richard Hatch and Face as Starbuck i'll watch it for the nostalgia factor alone...

G

GeneralOrder24

A re-re-boot, while the first reboot is STILL being milked with the Caprica series (enjoyed the pilot) and the cylon "Plan" movie? This is like the news that there were two different production companies making a Knight rider movie, AND a TV show, completley unrelated.

Z

zero

Well, to be fair, the Larson/Singer movie was in development even before RDM got his series started. Even better, Richard Hatch himself was once involved with yet another reboot project, "Battlestar Galactica: Second Coming".

It's just that after what RDM has done, a reasonable approach would be to acknowledge his version and move on.

O

Oddbot

Mav said:
like im not even really interested in Caprica. i'll watch it yet but as far as im concerned bsg wrapped up nicely and i dont wanna taint its glorious ending
I wasn't either till I watched the pilot. But I was actually pleasantly surprised. I think this show will really be pretty damn good.

Z

zero

Oddbot said:
I wasn't either till I watched the pilot. But I was actually pleasantly surprised. I think this show will really be pretty damn good.
Ditto. I watched the pilot totally in the "boy, this is going to suck" mood, and from the pilot, I'd say Caprica promises to be even more though-provoking than BSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.