[Movies] G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting a little bit tired of seeing all the Super Bowl Ads before the game... I mean, I might as well just drink like crazy Sunday and play Skyrim.

It looks like a big, dumb action movie...kind of exactly what any reasonable person would expect from G.I. Joe. I'm still in. The Transformers series major sin, at least to me, wasn't that it was a trilogy of big dumb action flicks. It was that the kid from Even Stevens played the main character with Optimus Prime in a supporting role.

Rise of Cobra was an abomination of a movie, action or otherwise. The first trailer for retaliation looked good, but this one just tries too hard to point out that the Rock is playing Roadblock (that or he does dominate the movie), and looks like it's making some of the same mistakes as the first movie.

Said it before, saying it again:

GI Joe 1 got my money for a singular reason. GI Joe 2 will be getting my money for the same reason:

Ray Park as Snake Eyes.

I don't need another reason. I will say it's disappointing that JGL won't be CC this time around though.

I'm trying to avoid movie trailers for the next couple weeks since I wanna be surprised for the Super Bowl. Is this as weird and sad as it feels typing that out???

Status
Not open for further replies.