Status
Not open for further replies.
smurf apple

Viggs said:
Jake said:
:rofl:

Bowielee said:
ZenMonkey said:
Just found out that apparently some publishers on Kindle only allow you to download a book you've purchased three times (to the same device, mind you). After that you have to BUY IT AGAIN.

After I heard that the iTunes thing didn't sound so bad.
How is allowing you to re-download something 3 times worse then never allowing you to re-download it?
I think she was comparing having unlimited downloads but requiring e-mails VS. not having to send e-mails but being limited to three downloads.
The e-mail to Apple to re-download is not guaranteed, and is actually against their policy, it depends on if you get someone nice or not.

smurf apple

Bowielee said:
The e-mail to Apple to re-download is not guaranteed, and is actually against their policy, it depends on if you get someone nice or not.
But you still think that system is worse than having to PAY for a book again after those three downloads?

smurf apple

ZenMonkey said:
Bowielee said:
But you still think that system is worse than having to PAY for a book again after those three downloads?
You don't get what I'm saying. It's against apple's policy to let you re-download for free. You're supposed to pay if you re-download even once. For instance, when I reinstalled Itunes, and went to download the songs I'd already purchased it told me that I had already downloaded and if I wanted to do so again, I'd have to pay for the song again. From what I've read on the web, it's hit or miss if their customer service department will allow you to re-download the songs for free again.

So, I'm not a math wiz or anything but seems to me that 2 re-downloads is > 0 re-downloads

smurf apple

ZenMonkey said:
Bowielee said:
You don't get what I'm saying.
I believe I do, thank you.
Apparently you don't, because Amazon will allow you to re-download 2 times without paying anything. Apple will not let you re-download at all without paying unless you can sweet talk their customer service, which I'm sure you could also do with Amazon to get over the 3 download limit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.