[Question] Freedom Force from steam: unplayable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
I just got it today, as a gift... and it is unplayable, the character will move to the opposite direction that you point him to or will get stuck saying "I can't not" over and over. I am stuck on the intro mission :(

Any help? :(

Have you tried this?

"Originally Posted byZanyCynic
You rightclick the game, select Properties, deselect "Enable Steam Community In-Game".

It is per game since the new UI, so it is perfect."[DOUBLEPOST=1356694406][/DOUBLEPOST]and

"I had this problem as well, but I tried running Compatability under Windows 98/ME and disabled the Steam In-game community by right clicking properties.

Problem seems fixed and I can left click to move again, the only downside is the stuttering sound while loading a level (is fine in the level).

But yes, anyone having these issues should try running it under Win 98/ME AND disable Steam in-game community. Hope this helps anyone!"

To be almost completely unhelpful: I bought it, and it has been running just fine. So the problem isn't with the game itself.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
Have you tried this?

"Originally Posted byZanyCynic
You rightclick the game, select Properties, deselect "Enable Steam Community In-Game".

It is per game since the new UI, so it is perfect."[DOUBLEPOST=1356694406][/DOUBLEPOST]and

"I had this problem as well, but I tried running Compatability under Windows 98/ME and disabled the Steam In-game community by right clicking properties.

Problem seems fixed and I can left click to move again, the only downside is the stuttering sound while loading a level (is fine in the level).

But yes, anyone having these issues should try running it under Win 98/ME AND disable Steam in-game community. Hope this helps anyone!"
I deselected the "Enable Steam Community In-Game" thingie, no effect.
I don't know how to run Compatabiliy under Windows 98/ME.... I have Windows Vista :p

Compatibility mode for Windows Vista can be set as follows:

1) Find the actual directory on your hard drive where Steam installed the .exe for Freedom Force.
2) Right click the .exe file, and choose 'Properties' from the menu.
3) Click on the 'Compatibility' tab and check the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 98'

Status
Not open for further replies.