Export thread

Fix computer forum

Bonhomme Richard

Bonhomme Richard

There have been a couple threads lately with computer issues. I've really enjoyed trying to help with the problems and it gave me an idea. What are some thoughts on creating a new forum for computer issues. I figure it might be a helpful place when members' computer go crazy. Plus since the site is indexed by Google, if the problems are helpful enough it might drive some traffic to the site. A possible scenario is someone has a problem, googles, comes here and fixes the problem and notices there's a community going on.

Thoughts?

Dave

Dave

There have been a couple threads lately with computer issues. I've really enjoyed trying to help with the problems and it gave me an idea. What are some thoughts on creating a new forum for computer issues. I figure it might be a helpful place when members' computer go crazy. Plus since the site is indexed by Google, if the problems are helpful enough it might drive some traffic to the site. A possible scenario is someone has a problem, googles, comes here and fixes the problem and notices there's a community going on.

Thoughts?
This has been bandied about quite a bit on the Mod forum. We think it's a good idea, too.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

I added Tech Talk. Point out some threads and maybe we can put in some "How To" things like formatting the hard drive, upgrading to Windows 7, etc.

Bonhomme Richard

Bonhomme Richard

Good stuff.

I'll search the forum for some of the older ones and think of some helpful topics to help kick things off. Might take a little bit though - just told I need to document some apps at my company that I've never touched, seen, or had anything ever to do with them.

Dave

Dave

If nothing else it will be a good repository of issues.

Maybe it'll help others know where to look.

Bonhomme Richard

Bonhomme Richard

Dave

Dave

Cool! I made Richard a mod for that forum and he's going to be setting up a series of "tech FAQs" that we get threads on all the time.

Frankly, we've talked about this several times. Not sure why we didn't do it in the past.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Approval.

--Patrick

Cuyval Dar

Finally. I hate having to dig thru General for the daily/weekly Shego computer thread.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Hey....

It's at MOST monthly.... :(

Dave

Dave

Hey....

Must not comment...must not comment...must not comment....

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I approve of this measure.

Cuyval Dar

Hey....

Must not comment...must not comment...must not comment....[/QUOTE]

*Passes out from holding in the jokes*