First baseball game

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yesterday I sat down at my first baseball game ever. Actually in the stands, I mean.

Don't rightly know what I was expecting, but it was a great deal of fun. My wife enjoyed herself, Rhiannon enjoyed herself, the beer was stale, the hotdogs were overpriced, the crowd was... colorful, especially for a minor league game (Savannah Sand Gnats)... all in all, an enjoyable experience.

How was y'all's first time at a sporting event?

I think mine was when I was 9, at Candlestick Park for a San Francisco Giants game. I remember it being REALLY windy and me being more interested in the guy walking around selling the chocolate malts than the game itself. :p

I think mine was when I was 9, at Candlestick Park for a San Francisco Giants game. I remember it being REALLY windy and me being more interested in the guy walking around selling the chocolate malts than the game itself. :p
Wow, that's almost EXACTLY the same first experience I had. At roughly the same age.

My first baseball game was an Atlanta Braves game. I don't know...I just didnt find baseball in the stands very exciting.

However, the college football games I found fantastic.

First sporting event for me was an OHL game for the local team and also a birthday party. Two rows of screaming kids and sugary snacks while watching some good hockey. Typically I find that the further you get from the pros the more fun it is to attend an event.

K

kaykordeath

Not sure I remember my first, but it was probably a U of Michigan hockey game, but I was still a toddler at that point.

As for the baseball game, I've found the minor league games are TONS more fun than the pros. Much closer to the action, even over-priced food is comparatively reasonable, admission is extremely reasonable, and all the "extras" make the game. In Frederick, MD, any inning after the first few would have particular item discounted at the concession. The announcer would announce "nachos are now half off" and the crowds would POUR to the concourse....then return..."ice cream now half off" and repeat....

Here, we go to the Brooklyn Cyclones games a good 4 or 5 times a year.

My first ball game was Old-timers day at Shea Stadium, Padres v Mets. Sadly I don't remember much more.

My first pro ball game was watching the Rangers play the Yankees on the 4th of July. Likely around '86. My aunt's new husband got some comp tickets from his job. The new uncle thought it was strange that I would buy a Yankee's shirt at a Rangers game. Then I had to fill him in that I had a cousin play for the Yankees during the 40's...

The old Ranger Stadium was just terrible. It was basically a pit dug in the middle of a parking lot. Nothing like walking across a 110 degree lot, to walk down into a bowl where no wind could whip through.

Status
Not open for further replies.