[PC Game] Fallout 3 Noob...

Man, I can't get my most recent saved game to load! I can't stress how much this angers me. My computer just met the minimum requirements to play. I think I may have picked up some malware. And it is just enough of a change in performance to cause New Vegas to crash.

Personally my favorite build I ever made was a junkie fist-fighter. Loaded up on every drug in the game popped em when I got into combat so I was rocking 10's down the line. Outside of combat everything is a bit of a mess but in combat when the Med-X and Buffout are going I could take on a Deathclaw unarmed and come out on top. (In strait FO3. In New Vegas they made them properly terrifying.)

I think that Melee weapons are pretty OP. I mean I remember going back with the Fistfighter and easily cleaning out locations that were a pain in the ass with guns. Great for feeling like a badass.

Melee and Unarmed are pretty great in New Vegas too. It's easy to get strong unique melee weapons fairly early in the game (You can get Knock-Knock as soon as you find the irradiated town) and some of them (like Pushy) have perks that simply make melee easier.

I have just about finished the game with a stealth sniper. Now I am starting a Cowboy Character. So I'll play with explosives and melee now.

I just finished the game with the stealth character. Then I learned that "A Requiem for the Capital Wasteland" was removed. :( So much for playing through DC with a Courier.

I messed around with the install of Tale of Two Wastelands last year and I could not get it to work. This last weekend I successfully got the install to work (newer PC.) Now I wish I tried harder to get TTW installed. It has been pretty fun to play, but hell! the Super Mutants and Talon Company Mercs are now bullet sponges. It took 5 clips of ammo to kill one Mutant Master (with 100 points in guns and a Chinese Assault Rifle.) And they are all over the place with TTW.

I will have to use console command and give myself a vast pool of ammo just to take down one random MOB.

I messed around with the install of Tale of Two Wastelands last year and I could not get it to work. This last weekend I successfully got the install to work (newer PC.) Now I wish I tried harder to get TTW installed. It has been pretty fun to play, but hell! the Super Mutants and Talon Company Mercs are now bullet sponges. It took 5 clips of ammo to kill one Mutant Master (with 100 points in guns and a Chinese Assault Rifle.) And they are all over the place with TTW.

I will have to use console command and give myself a vast pool of ammo just to take down one random MOB.
Huh... that doesn't sound like my experience with ToTW. Are you running any other mods in addition to it?

Just a whole lot.

Actually most of the MOBs were fixed with a patch. But the Mutant Master and Talon Company (especially the ones in reinforced combat armor) are still hard kills. I think with my version, the Brotherhood of Steel add-on loads from the start. So there are plenty of critters wandering around with 20 armor and 1k hit points.

Just a whole lot.

Actually most of the MOBs were fixed with a patch. But the Mutant Master and Talon Company (especially the ones in reinforced combat armor) are still hard kills. I think with my version, the Brotherhood of Steel add-on loads from the start. So there are plenty of critters wandering around with 20 armor and 1k hit points.
Broken Steel adds three specific enemies that have high HP: Super Mutant Overlords, Feral Ghoul Reavers, and Albino Radscorpions. If you're not fighting one of those three, then they shouldn't be bullet sponges. Also, these three should only show up when you're relatively high level, like 20+.

Methinks it's due to one of your other mods conflicting with ToTW, or causing the change.

Yes, but put off the main quest as long as you can.

I cheat like hell now at New Vegas.

I always liked the setting of Fallout 3 more. But New Vegas has better game mechanics and better weapon variety. Hell I used to play most of Fallout with just the hunting rifle, and a combat shotgun. Now with the mod to play Fallout 3 settings with the New Vegas rules, I am having a good time again.