Facebook App: Tiny Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

This is pretty cool. It is pretty much a tiny version of "solo" type D&D game. You just pick your character and choose your adventure. The dice rolling, treasure and stuff are done for you (good story generator)

If anyone wants to play, we can friend up on facebook and help each other (I'm the only few cleric in my group of friends so I have been healing/buffing people who are on adventure.
http://apps.facebook.com/tinyadventures/

G

Gadzooks

I'm currently absorbed by farm town, this may pull me away though

T

Twitch

Anyone can heal/buff. The only thing that classes do is you get special abilities after you've retired two or three characters.

C

Chibibar

Twitch said:
Anyone can heal/buff. The only thing that classes do is you get special abilities after you've retired two or three characters.
oh. I need people to heal and buff me :)

I don't like the way you have NO control over ANYTHING.

Not my cup o' tea.

Man, it only takes a check of 12 to convince a dwarf that some eladrin is his long lost cousin?

Either I'm incredible or that dwarf is incredibly dumb

S

Singularity.EXE

Amigod, I thought this was a choose your own adventure thing, but hey, this is fun anyway! Somebody buff me. If you are not friends with me: http://www.facebook.com/singularity.x

-- Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:47 pm --

Haha, the length combats last (10 minute event timers) is roughly about how long my real-life sessions last. I swear, we have 1.5 hour combats.

C

Chibibar

Edrondol said:
I don't like the way you have NO control over ANYTHING.

Not my cup o' tea.
It is pretty much a cute little story generator (that is how I look at it) not too bad :) kinda fun.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Tried it out this morning. It's ok. I agree with Dave that it should have a way to control your actions. I don't like how the adventure just continues without any input from the player.

C

Chibibar

I have a question what is ironman and elite? how do you get that? I can't find in the FAQs.

C

Chibibar

Tinwhistler said:
Chibibar said:
I have a question what is ironman and elite? how do you get that? I can't find in the FAQs.
http://dndta.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeons_%2 ... Adventures

Each time you retire, you get more abilities. Elite and Ironman are modes that give you more points, but make it harder to complete adventures.
Ah thanks.

Btw: I usually keep an eye out for friends playing during the day time. I try to buff/heal constantly when I'm at my desk :)

Dave seems to be the only one I ever notice on to be able to buff, though I don't believe I have many others of you on facebook anyway.

S

Singularity.EXE

So I think my strategy for this has been pretty damn solid. Stack nothing but HP gear and since you're doomed to fail some checks along the way of any adventure, why bother trying to stack attributes.

125 health baby!

ever since I got the Treasure Chest greasemonkey script, it makes it much simpler for me to stack stats..I have up to +20, sometimes more. (I can get as high as +39 AC). Been slowly raising my success rate--it started out abysmally enough.

Pic of current adventure in progress...7 of 7 successful encounters so far. You can see the encounter table at the bottom of the picture, allowing me to plan my strategy for upcoming encounters. Right now, everything is stacked for ATT/AC, but I'll switch to WIS for the story encounter that requires it, before stacking back to strict AC (giving me +34, so I only have to roll a 4 to succeed) and then back to ATT for the final mission (which should give me a +36ATT, enough to beat the 32 required without even a dice roll)

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/36204

Edit: all encounters successful so far. Pic of the second to last encounter with a successful will check.

S

Singularity.EXE

Irony is that I might actually die now that I've posted this. 5 adventures into a 16 parter and already down half-health. I might get that script o' yours Tin. lol

Encounter 4: Mountain
Aelfwine approached an old man guarding a rickety bridge spanning a deep ravine. The old man refused to let Aelfwine pass until he answered a riddle.

Aelfwine made an Intelligence check with a difficulty of 15 . . . and rolled 10

Aelfwine failed to answer the riddle correctly and was magically flung into the gorge. Luckily, he had grabbed hold of a vine and was able to climb out on the other side with only minor scrapes and bruises.

Aelfwine took 9 damage.

Aelfwine received 21 XP.

"What is your quest?"
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.