face recognition at its.....?

I got a bit of a kick out of this website. http://www.pictriev.com/ Upload, or point to a url on the net of a picture with a face and it will analyze the picture and kick back three things. percentage guess of gender, age, and percentage likeness of famous people.

thankfully the program considers me male enough, but thinks I'm 11 years older than I am.
X

I tried it with my ring picture and because I had half a finger in front of my face, it couldn't identify a face.

I tried it with my ring picture and because I had half a finger in front of my face, it couldn't identify a face.
Since it's late at night and I currently look like Alan Moore, I had to use an older picture that was a bit more put together :p.

figmentPez

Staff member
I tried it three times and got three different results. 100%, 99% and 98% masculine; 0, 15 and 40 years of age. And a whole bunch of uncertainty as to who I look like.

You know, if you merge Rainn Wilson and Philip Seymour Hoffman together...

Though Karl Rove and Newt Gingrich are surprises.
I never said I didn't think it wasn't a little accurate. Just not happy about it ;)

Still, I'd rather look like Philip Seymore Hoffman than Al Franken (which is who Robert Trebor thought I looked like about 15 years ago when I ran into him at a convention in Houston).

On second thought, none of them are pretty men. Sigh. :(

I tried it, and I only recognized two of the people I supposedly "look like". However, it did guess my age as 17, which isn't even close, but I'll take it! :D

Got me as 96% male, and my age spot-on.

Aytac Durak (4%), Vincent Cassel (4%), Kenny Chesney (3%), Newt Gingrich (3%).

Nothing significant enough.