Export thread

Evidence There May Be a God - Jersey Shore Cancelled

Zappit

Zappit

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-jersey-shore--canceled.html

About. Damn. Time.

My only fear is that something worse...something far, far worse, will rise to take its place.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

There's talk about a Snooki Spin-Off as a new mother.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

"So our tangerine guidos have finally failed us. What other insipid waste of human dignity can we defecate into our latrine of a network?"

LittleSin

LittleSin

Well, there's always the honeybooboogodawfulfuckness that was picked up.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

We still get a full season of the shore...

Now Italians can be stereotyped as something respectable, like a career criminal, again.

GasBandit

GasBandit

We still get a full season of the shore...

Now Italians can be stereotyped as something respectable, like a career criminal, again.
BOBBIDA BOOPY?!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Seconding the Snooki-as-a-mom spinoff.

Bowielee

Bowielee

dos equis.jpg

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

The show lasted six seasons too long.

See also: Smallville, 10 seasons.

Tress

Tress

Oh good, Jersey Shore is gone. Now if we could just get rid of Honey Boo Boo, all "Housewives" shows, every dating contest show, Say Yes to the Dress, Storage Wars, Intervention, Shipping Wars, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, America's Got Talent, The X-Factor, The Voice, So You Think You Can Dance, The Apprentice, Cupcake Wars, Cake Boss, Master Chef, America's Next Top Model, any show that involves a Kardashian or Paris Hilton or any Palin, Teen Moms, Survivor, Big Brother, Parking Wars, Ax Men, Ice Road Truckers, Bering Sea Gold, Gold Rush, and anything involving those imbeciles who make choppers...

... then I'll be happy.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Good, you did not say Pawn Stars. That is the only reality show that I like. It is like Antiques Roadshow with interesting items and people...

Tress

Tress

... and Pawn Stars. Or Hardcore Pawn. If I didn't mention a reality show, it probably just slipped my mind. The only personal exceptions to my hatred of reality shows would be Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, and maybe Deadliest Catch. That last one started declining in quality over the last few years, though.

Gared

Gared

You'll never get rid of reality TV. It's too cheap to produce, and gets too many viewers; the profit margins are way too high.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I dunno if I'd qualify Mythbusters or Dirty Jobs in those categories. In my book, it's not "reality TV" until someone's "not there to make friends." Or, failing that, an "alliance is formed."

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I'm a sucker for the Food Reality shows like Bizarre Foods and Man vs Food. It's really opened up my eyes to all kinds of delicacies and places to eat when I'm traveling.

Gared

Gared

Just so long as it's not "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives." I've eaten at a few of the places they've showcased in and around Seattle, and the food has always just sucked, I mean, positively revolting food. There's always the chance that maybe they were good before the shows aired, and that they've been overwhelmed since then, or the chefs have been lured away by other restaurants after being showcased, but I can only give the benefit of the doubt for so long.

Jay

Jay

Jersey Shore never irritated me as much as say those Housewives show.

Why? Shore cast were mostly young adults playing into their gimmick and just being young and stupid... while drinking and trying to get laid. Whatever.

These Housewives shows? You know... those 40 year old stay at home queens in huge houses, never worked a day in their lives beyond spreading their legs to the right guy and complain about everything.... including the food being served to them from the help... "oh honey, tonight, I made the carrots, can I get a new credit card? I worked so hard."

qMmrK.png

You MADE thew carrots.... eh voila Mother Nature herself... MADE THE BROILED CARROTS. Congrats you fat-lipped whore.

I HATE THESE PEOPLE SO MUCH.

The worst is when they dress like 20 year olds looking younger than their kids.... and act like they are still in highschool... bitching about the other over-privileged people..

HATE THEM SO MUCH

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I am pretty sick of all the work-a-day reality shows. Especially when they take up entire channels that used to be about Science, History, or Learning...

Hell TLC has devolved into the Freak Show Channel.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I admit, I'm a sucker for food shows. The F Word, Hell's Kitchen, Top Chef, Master Chef, Kitchen Nightmares... I just enjoy watching people make good food and/or Gordon Ramsay yelling at people :p

Other than that... me and my folks have a tradition of watching Survivor, Amazing Race and the Apprentice, so I watch those as well.

Big Brother, especially its Finnish incarnation, I absolutely hate. Same with The Biggest Loser; I know they offer good tips, but I was more than a little put off by some of the tasks that were pretty much excuses to humiliate fatties.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Hey, Man vs. Food and its spinoff, Man vs. Food Nation, rule. Even if Adam Richman is just a big goofball at times.

Gared

Gared

Man vs. Food... the food won.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yes, that's why he no longer does the competitions. Wife and I both mentioned he's packed on the weight since those first episodes.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I kind of like Kitchen Impossible. It just further re-enforces my belief that you chould never, ever get Ice in your drink at a restaurant. I watch Pawn Stars too, but only because of how laughably over produced all of it is. It's pretty clear at least half of those things coming in are people planted by the producers.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Is American Pickers still on? I liked that show.

LordRendar

LordRendar

I love watching Antony Bourdain: No Reservations.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I love watching Antony Bourdain: No Reservations.
You know this is the last season for that show? He's moving to CNN.[DOUBLEPOST=1346374538][/DOUBLEPOST]As for the OP - good riddance though I thought there was going to be a spin-off with Snooki and one of the other female Jersey Shore cast members.

Tress

Tress

You'll never get rid of reality TV. It's too cheap to produce, and gets too many viewers; the profit margins are way too high.
I know. I'll have to content myself with a smug sense of superiority over the people who consume all this shit.

Do you watch one or two reality shows? No biggie. Everyone has a guilty pleasure.
Do you watch 5-10 of these shows? You need to knock that shit off. This stuff is crap and you can do better. It's like eating junk food every night of the week.
Do you watch tonnes of this crap, and it's practically the only thing you watch? Ugh. Please do me a favor and don't breed.

Gared

Gared

Woohoo! I fit category one. I watch No Reservations (on Netflix), and the old UK episodes of Kitchen Nightmares (also on Netflix, my TV is for sports and weather news); Fox Network Gordon Ramsay can fuck right off.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Category one here as well. Kitchen Nightmares (the US ones, which are quite enjoyable in my opinion) and Master Chef Australia. Survivor: Heroes vs Villains just ended here (yes yes, old news, but we don't get any US shows fresh out of the oven, not unless we buy cable).

@Li3n

@Li3n

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-jersey-shore--canceled.html

About. Damn. Time.

My only fear is that something worse...something far, far worse, will rise to take its place.
Actually i'm pretty sure at this point the Devil admits he's wrong and we get a new wife and kids, and way more money then before.

Zappit

Zappit

Man vs. Food... the food won.
He's doing a new show now focusing on sandwiches...no more mega-challenges against meals that should out and out kill him.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Jersey Shore never irritated me as much as say those Housewives show.

Why? Shore cast were mostly young adults playing into their gimmick and just being young and stupid... while drinking and trying to get laid. Whatever.

These Housewives shows? You know... those 40 year old stay at home queens in huge houses, never worked a day in their lives beyond spreading their legs to the right guy and complain about everything.... including the food being served to them from the help... "oh honey, tonight, I made the carrots, can I get a new credit card? I worked so hard."

You MADE thew carrots.... eh voila Mother Nature herself... MADE THE BROILED CARROTS. Congrats you fat-lipped whore.

I HATE THESE PEOPLE SO MUCH.

The worst is when they dress like 20 year olds looking younger than their kids.... and act like they are still in highschool... bitching about the other over-privileged people..

HATE THEM SO MUCH

I wish I could brofist this like a billion times. My wife was watching the one with the housewives from Vancouver and I stupidly sat down for a bit and was absolutely raging after about 2 minutes of these vapid entitled bitches.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'll admit that I'll watch the fuck out of any show Gordon Ramsey puts out.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I'll admit that I'll watch the fuck out of any show Gordon Ramsey puts out.
My brother from another mother...

Cajungal

Cajungal

I hate those Housewife shows too. Who watches them, and why??? It's damn close to criminal to pay attention to these people. If you send the message that the deserve to be famous by watching this show, then you are part of the problem. That goes for any reality show that rewards talentless people with no manners and almost no personality by filming them. It's disgusting.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I hate those Housewife shows too. Who watches them, and why??? It's damn close to criminal to pay attention to these people. If you send the message that the deserve to be famous by watching this show, then you are part of the problem. That goes for any reality show that rewards talentless people with no manners and almost no personality by filming them. It's disgusting.
Which is why I fucking hate Big Brother. Especially since most of the time they just fuck around and get wasted.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's one I never saw... Or even heard of til recently. Is it still on?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I'm talking about the Finnish version of Big Brother. But the premise is that you take a bunch of asshatter-than-average normal people, lock them in a house filled with food and beer, and make them do different tasks while constantly filming who gets hammered the most, who starts schtoinking who and generally keeping tabloid papers well-fed with "the latest developments". People are voted out, and sometimes new people are voted in, and after about three months or so the one left standing wins... I dunno, a hundred grand or something. In other words, it's boot camp for the next batch of worthless quasi-celebs.

And if you pay for it, you get a Big Brother 24/7 channel where you can watch Big Brother all the time!

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's a lot of reality show...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Gordon Ramsey's F-Word is pretty good. Or hell, anything Ramsey. Even the American Kitchen Nightmares, with it's horrible editing and smash cuts to appeal to American idiots, I will watch with glee.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I can't get into Gordon Ramsey's shows... I just put myself in the place of the workers that he bullies, and wonder why no one assaults him in each of the restaurants.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I can't get into Gordon Ramsey's shows... I just put myself in the place of the workers that he bullies, and wonder why no one assaults him in each of the restaurants.
On the contrary, I don't think he comes across as a bully. He comes across as someone passionate about his craft, and demanding excellence. He gives praise and respect when earned.

Tress

Tress

I think there's a vast difference between two types of reality shows. On one hand, you have shows where the cameras follow an expert doing something or normal people doing things (like racing around the world), and it's tolerable. Then you have shows where dumb, obnoxious assholes are followed around so people can watch them be dumb obnoxious assholes (Jersey Shore has to be the flagship of this). Those are just completely worthless, and I can't fathom people who like that sort of thing.

Just, ugh. :facepalm:

Bowielee

Bowielee

I honestly don't have a problem with the "contest for career" reality shows. They're not nearly as bad as the "let's film a bunch of drunk assholes and/or deplorable people" shows. I also don't mind the "almost but not really documentary" types of shows.

"contest for a career" examples: America's Next Top Model, RuPaul's Drag Race, Hell's Kitchen, etc...

"let's film a bunch of drunk assholes and/or deplorable people" examples: Jersey Shore, The Real World, Big Brother, Toddlers and Tiaras, Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo, etc...

"almost, but not really documentary" examples: Little People, Big World, Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmerman, Intervention, Hoarders, etc...

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The Contest for Career ones are THE WORST. They reduce the process of getting a well paying job from working for years and earning your recognition to getting on a few episodes of a shitty TV show, being utterly humiliated by people who have become rich by being assholes, and then getting a job if you've pleased your corporate masters enough. Chances are you'll get nothing though, because your ether not attractive enough or marketable enough or funny enough or...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The Contest for Career ones are THE WORST. They reduce the process of getting a well paying job from working for years and earning your recognition to getting on a few episodes of a shitty TV show, being utterly humiliated by people who have become rich by being assholes, and then getting a job if you've pleased your corporate masters enough. Chances are you'll get nothing though, because your ether not attractive enough or marketable enough or funny enough or...
I would say that Hell's Kitchen at least is a healthy counter-example to that. If memory serves, only one winner out of the five or six so far hasn't filled the position for which they were striving for. I don't know about the other shows to say how true your words are about them, and frankly I don't much care. Apprentice, though? That's complete bullcrap. The winners apparently end up doing fuck all after being lauded as the next best thing after sliced bread.

Master Chef... that's not really a "contest for career", but more like professionals striving to get that $100,000 to use as a boost in their culinary careers. If memory serves, Harold Dieterle, the winner of season 1, used the money to found his own restaurant. And if anyone remembers Stefan Richter, the Finnish first runner-up from season 5, he actually used the show to get word out of his work. I don't know what he's been up to State-side, but here in Finland he has set up a chain of fine-dining steak houses, and even showed up as a guest judge in Master Chef Finland.

Jay

Jay

Which is why I fucking hate Big Brother. Especially since most of the time they just fuck around and get wasted.
And it promoted the worst character traits in people.

Talk shit about others and backstabbing.

Brutal.

Frank

Frank

I'm with the food folk. I dig Gordon Ramsey. Hell, I even suffer Guy Fierre's supreme douchebagginess for the rad little shitholes he goes to in Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I love when you can absolutely tell he finds the food he's eating disgusting, he frowns, his brow gets all furled, he says it's outstanding and backs out of frame.

Also, Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations is about so much more than food. That show is really fantastic.

Jay

Jay

Bitchin' Kitchin'

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

On behalf of every normal person from New Jersey - THANK WHATEVER DEITY DID THIS! Seriously, you know these guys are bad role-models when people from New Jersey(including me) think the image of organized crime is more respectable than these schmucks for our state. At least the mafia have morals.