Export thread

Eggnog thread 7: I'm like better take a selfie.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

For those of you just joining us, this is the 7th annual Halforums Eggnog Holiday thread, where we spread Xmas cheer and heavily mock people who have never drunken eggnog.

Because Eggnog is a BEVERAGE GOD!

A little history;

EGGNOG!!!!!

EGGNOG 2: Ovo-lactic Boogaloo

Eggnogonomicon: Milk of Cthulhu

It's Time! It's Time! IT'S EGGNOG TIME!

Ladies and gentleman, it's Eggnog Thread V!

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Eggnog!

And so the tradition continues, but first,

LEMME TAKE A SELFIE!

EGGNOGSELFIE.jpg

Cajungal

Cajungal

So are eggnog lattes tasty or disgusting? They sound awful.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Rating for the carton. :p

AB now has a recipe for *aged* eggnog with more booze than the regular batch.

strawman

strawman

Man, I haven't had nog in forever.

:(

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

None of these posts are selfies :(

Dave

Dave

I'll Nog & post a selfie later. We'z going shoppin'!

Dei

Dei

Today I read that Peppermint Schnapps and Eggnog is awesome, but I probably won't even think of trying it until our next dairy delivery, because that's when I'd actually get eggnog.

evilmike

evilmike

For those of you just joining us, this is the 7th annual Halforums Eggnog Holiday thread, where we spread Xmas cheer and heavily mock people who have never drunken eggnog.

Because Eggnog is a BEVERAGE GOD!

A little history;

EGGNOG!!!!!

EGGNOG 2: Ovo-lactic Boogaloo

Eggnogonomicon: Milk of Cthulhu

It's Time! It's Time! IT'S EGGNOG TIME!

Ladies and gentleman, it's Eggnog Thread V!

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Eggnog!

And so the tradition continues, but first,

LEMME TAKE A SELFIE!

View attachment 19834
Not horrifying enough...

the horror of egg nog.jpg

Denbrought

Denbrought

I'd join in the fun, but I don't want to be photographed with anything less tasty than Southern Comfort nog, and we're out at the moment. The dollar store stuff just isn't up to snuff, yannow.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I love you.

Eggnog is nasty and it saddens me that I will not be able to open the fridge for the next month without looking at a carton of stink.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I love you.

Eggnog is nasty and it saddens me that I will not be able to open the fridge for the next month without looking at a carton of stink.
Well, there's your problem.

Homemade nog FTW. :)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, there's your problem.

Homemade nog FTW. :)
I was just going to post this in reply to the OP. Premade crappy nog? Come on now. That's not worth celebrating. Home made egg nog is nice, though.

(though honestly, between mulled wine, all kinds of Christmas beers, Christmas mead, Christmas-themed hydromel, and Christmas jenevers, egg nog isn't really a star in my Christmas celebrations)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Not horrifying enough...

View attachment 19835
That's going on facebook!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I won't egg nog...but I can selfie.
image.jpg

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Mukmuk nogs.

Dave

Dave

I tried. The store was out of nog. I am nogless.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

They aren't bad. I'd rather just put store-bought eggnog in my coffee, like creamer, rather than buy a latte made with it.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Southern Comfort brand nog

I'll have to take a selfie later after I get a little sloshed. I hate taking those things ;)

Gared

Gared

Since adding Glipizide to my diabetes medication regimen, I've been needing to add a little bit more sugar to my daily diet to prevent hypoglycemic episodes, so nog is back on the menu this year. I've already consumed half a gallon. Kahlua is a decent option, though I've preferred brandy, rum, and sherry.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Incidentally, my nog says "non alcoholic" on the label. I think that should be considered false advertising--it's freaking Southern Comfort brand.

Somehow, amazingly, it wasn't non-alcoholic by the time it hit my stomach. Ah, the magic of the winter holidays.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Incidentally, my nog says "non alcoholic" on the label. I think that should be considered false advertising--it's freaking Southern Comfort brand.

Somehow, amazingly, it wasn't non-alcoholic by the time it hit my stomach. Ah, the magic of the winter holidays.
What alcohol do you recommend magically appearing in the nog? We use the same brand for one thing, might as well hear :p

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

What alcohol do you recommend magically appearing in the nog? We use the same brand for one thing, might as well hear :p
I had a little one-shot trial-size bottle of Smirnoff's peppermint twist that I'd picked up a few days ago at the liquor store. It was pretty tasty together.

More traditionally, I'd put rum in there.

Denbrought

Denbrought

I had a little one-shot trial-size bottle of Smirnoff's peppermint twist that I'd picked up a few days ago at the liquor store. It was pretty tasty together.

More traditionally, I'd put rum in there.
I'm currently out of both SC nog and Fireball, but they're pretty good together. I usually just throw in my cheapest scotch, which does the trick for me flavor-wise (but everyone else I know hates that).

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I typically drink my nog nonalcoholic, simply because I don't usually drink, but I did recently try it with spiced rum. I have to admit, the rum added a very complex flavor that melded very well with the sweetness of the nog.

figmentPez

figmentPez

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I've already had my requisite sip of nog this season.

"No, I don't want any egg nog."
"I know I used to like it when I was a kid."
:sip:
"Satisfied?"

364 days to go...

I DO like peppermint Schnapps and hot cocoa! Yum!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

got more peppermint twist smirnoff...It's such a good combination, it even made my wife like nog.

Still no selfie ;)

My son still doesn't like nog. don't think i'm gonna let him try the boozed up version

evilmike

evilmike

I won't egg nog...but I can selfie. View attachment 19841
Ok, you get one too.
squid and ferengi.jpg

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

IOU eggnog, but here's a selfie from Sunday night.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

When I make homemade egg nog I like dark rum and cognac.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I've come to prefer bourbon, then rum, then brandy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatrThom

PatrThom

I DO like peppermint Schnapps and hot cocoa! Yum!
il_340x270.358360313_aal4.jpg

--Patrick

Fun Size

Fun Size

I was picking up gift cards for teachers at the local coffee shop, and they had a big sign for eggnog latte.

Obviously, I had to have one.

I'll try not to overstate it, but it came just before the birth of my children as one of the important and fulfilling moments of my life. I'm reasonably sure that had you approached me while I was drinking it, you could have convinced me of the divine nature of reality and converted me to the religion of your choice. I don't know if there is such a thing as angel bukkakke, but if there is, this is what it is like to experience it.

Dammit, I overstated it again.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Oh, side note, if there's a Cook-out near you (my favorite fast food joint for the past year), go get an eggnog shake. Just do it, trust me. Amazing.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I don't know if there is such a thing as angel bukkakke, but if there is, this is what it is like to experience it.
:eek:

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Nog prefers blondes?

Dei

Dei

That isn't even Nog!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Quark wouldn't mind in the spirit of the thread would he?

evilmike

evilmike

Quark wouldn't mind in the spirit of the thread would he?
I hope not. I made a point of adding Quark to your photo because of your expressed distaste for Nog.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Quark made that show!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Quark made that show!
Quark + Odo made that show.

--Patrick

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Garak was the whole show really.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Rick Berman and Michael Piller made Deep Space Nine

PatrThom

PatrThom

Garak was the whole show really.
Ah yes, I'd forgotten the Garak/Bashir interplay.
...FYI, don't Google that.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

This ought to please a few of you: