eBay Selling, Help Me

I'm conflicted.

I had the idea to sell one of our 3DS XL's, this one loaded with all my games. I'd keep the save data for another 3DS XL we have and just buy the few games I want again when I feel like playing them, because most of these I can live without. However, I added it up and this is probably a $700+ value. I wouldn't expect to get that much from eBay, especially since the 3DS XL is used, but at the same time, I don't want to come away with only $300. I'd like to make some profit off of it, more in the $400-500 range.

It's occurred to me at this point though that the value of it may be higher than what anyone would be willing to pay; the games being:

Animal Crossing New Leaf
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros 2
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Shin Megami Tensei IV
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC)
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GBC)
Code of Princess
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again (DSi)
Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move
Tetris (GB)
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Game Gear)
Donkey Kong (GB)
Super Mario Bros (NES)
3D Colors
Metroid II (GB)

A good chunk of those are retail titles that go from $35 to $40, and then there's $40 loaded on the eshop account that was going to be for Pokemon Y. Most of these are games I don't want anymore and would like to see some money come off of them by selling the chunk and just buying back the $200 of games I enjoy. But again, I'd like to see more come out of it than just a hundred bucks.

Any similar auction I've seen has far fewer games with ridiculous asking prices. I'm sure I'd make at least the amount for the games I want to buy back (eventually post-shutdown) but yadda yadda profit. Anyone have any ebay insight on this? (Not sure if I should've posted this to the Random Game thread or something.)

Not really. The eBay experience (as a seller) has really soured for me after they took away the ability to rate buyers. I still go there for things, but usually only when I can't find what I want elsewhere or don't think another market would expose my sale to as many people.

--Patrick

I don't like the inability to rate buyers negatively either.

I buy stuff sometimes, but every sale I've had has been with something to imitate. I've got not example to follow in this case.

I've been burned as a seller on eBay, and since then they've changed to make it even harder for sellers to point out bad buyers, and easier for buyers to scam sellers.

Make certain you record the serial number of the device (onscreen if possible, not just the one on the case) and put that up partly blurred as part of the auction info so you don't get the situation where you get a buyer, they pay, you send it, then they complain that you sent the wrong one, or one without all the games, or something stupid like that. Or they return a bad one to you, saying they want a refund.

Out of curiosity, if the games are deleted from it can they be recovered?

Out of curiosity, if the games are deleted from it can they be recovered?
They should be able to. They'll still be listed as purchased in the nintendo e-store, with the option to redownload them.

They can also be transferred to another 3DS, but there are a limited number of times this can be done, and going over it requires a call to nintendo for them to turn it back on. It's an all or nothing thing though, all purchases and purchase history get tranferred to the new system, and the old system gets wiped and returned to factory default.