EA Needs to F*** off and die

Oops, yeah, you're right. But expansion packs for $30 or especially $40 (for Pets and Generations) a pop is still ridiculous, especially for a digital copy.

I'm also angry they've yet to do a Sims 3 version of University, which was my favourite Sims 2 expansion.
The Sims is full-on downloadable hats territory, unfortunately. They know that the remaining user base will pay those prices, so they charge those prices.

Sims are pretty much the only games I pirate anymore (something I will be doing this week when the new x-pac comes out; like you, I have a hankering to play after following the HF House). I'm just not willing to pay $300+ for the game and all of its expansions. I did it for the first and second Sims games when I didn't know any better, but the value-to-convenience ratio when it comes to installing on Steam vs. pirating just isn't there.

Oh good, I'm not the only one thinking or starting up anther Sims game; and I too need to acquire the expansion packs for 3. What to do, what to do...

I haven't played Sims in... 7 years? Maybe more; and I hated it last time I played, and even I'm tempted to play Sims 3 after watching the goings on at Halforums House. Damn you, Gusto!

Necronic

Staff member
I only played Sims once and I remember it fondly. It was a platonic male couple. One was working a chem bench and made amphetamines (some kind of potion that made them work harder/faster/longer/daftpunker) and the other would crank out gnomes on the work bench. Kind of broke the game (was making like 20-30k a week by the end), but it was awesome having my own meth-head sweatshop.

I didn't realize, either way, not a personal fan CoD, so don't care, they share the same BS business model.

Probably same mass disk distribution.

I didn't realize, either way, not a personal fan CoD, so don't care, they share the same BS business model.

Probably same mass disk distribution.
Or he was victim of buying a counterfeit product. I wonder if either company outsources the actual disc manufacturing.

Not an outstanding issue with one person, thousands of people have posted this issue since yesterday.

But nonetheless, it's not EA... I assumed as much since the Ghost CD image popped up.

So, if it's being activated on steam, even though it's a pain in the ass, you can still just download the game, rather than installing from the disk.

How did a EA game get on a Activision disk? I didn't even know they used the same print centers, but I guess they do, since it's the only way I can see it happening.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was some industrial sabotage or a joke on someone's part... hell it could even be someone using the disk press to make some copies of games to sell.

How did a EA game get on a Activision disk? I didn't even know they used the same print centers, but I guess they do, since it's the only way I can see it happening.
Generally-speaking, yes they do. It's not necessarily always the same vendor, but on the physical box side it's a short list and most of them work with everyone.

Why are people complaining? They got a better game.
Only one disk of it, though :p

This would have been awesome if they had gotten the ME 2 full game AND the key to unlock Black Ops 2 on steam.[DOUBLEPOST=1352934718][/DOUBLEPOST]I do love how the guy in the video is yelling about how stupid the developer is, though.

Misplaced anger, much?

No, it's clearly still their fault. Their name is ON the product, a product they didn't adequately perform enough Q/A before shipping out to thousands of customers.

It's been cleared a few posts back this has nothing to do with EA due to my personal non-interest in the CoD franchise and thinking they fucked up on the CD since consumers got a mass Effect Disc.

But yes, I do blame Tetrayarch even if they didn't perform the mistake directly, it's still their product and all products should be tested on appropriately before shipping out to the masses.

Wow, Jay, that is hands down the stupidest thing I've ever heard you say. The developer has absolutely nothing to do with direct distribution when they're going through a publisher.

Since you want to approach me that way, well then, I won't give a fuck what you think. It's still their fault regardless if are a publisher, the developer or your mum and that's that.

Tell me exactly how the developer could have avoided this.
A QA tester sits at the distribution center with a laptop, and plays every copy start to finish to ensure that the full game works.

Good news is that it's CoD, so it won't take that long.[DOUBLEPOST=1352942361][/DOUBLEPOST]
Only one disk of it, though :p
Bioware released a little contest after they got the news. The first 50 people that sent them a picture of themselves with the mistaken CoD disc would get a steam code for the Mass Effect trilogy.

And no, it's not Treyarch's fault.

They have neither the expertise nor the staff to do wide-scale Q&A of the actual retail box releases. Unlike Q&A for games, which can be done on the cheap (if not necessarily the smart) by throwing warm bodies at the code with a lead holding the whip, Q&A for manufacturing is considerably more involved and usually requires intimate understanding of raw materials, inventory management, queue mechanics, and statistics (and Six Sigma, if you're a believer in it).

That is very specifically one of the reasons why developers choose to work with publishers. This one is on Activision and their vendor. Either someone cheaped out on batch testing or was asleep at the wheel.