TDK1987 said:
ZenMonkey said:
That is hot.

Too bad Matt Smith is not.
Calleja said:
Wow.... not my doctor :(
He'll probably win everyone over pretty quickly; at least the 80's aren't back

*shudder*
So, did the Tardis materialize in the middle of a gay parade or something, and the Doctor regenerated and wanted to fit in?

C

Chibibar

11th already??? wow.. this is not good.

Doctor's spoiler from the 4th.
[spoiler:ae66sj47]for those who didn't watch the earlier generations. The 4th doctor had to face trial on Gallafrey against himself (the 12th doctor) which is evil. I think that is natural since the Master was on his 12th regeneration. BUt since it was on the show, the 12th doctor WAS evil and try to take the doctor's remaining regeneration (at the time it was 8) for this crimes. Paradox doesn't exist for the Time Lord :)[/spoiler:ae66sj47]

Now nobody diss my man Colin. The 6th Doctor was the best ever, and his costume was awesome because what it said was: "I can dress however the fuck I want, bitch, and fuck you." This was the costume of a guy who has balls of bronze. God I wish he'd had a longer tenure. At least there's Big Finish.

Chibibar said:

[spoiler:jzsd4tjk]for those who didn't watch the earlier generations. The 4th doctor had to face trial on Gallafrey against himself (the 12th doctor) which is evil. I think that is natural since the Master was on his 12th regeneration. BUt since it was on the show, the 12th doctor WAS evil and try to take the doctor's remaining regeneration (at the time it was 8) for this crimes. Paradox doesn't exist for the Time Lord :)[/spoiler:jzsd4tjk]
actually.. i thnk it was meant to be a potential incarnation between his 12th and 13th, and uh... well, its a bit vague, but is also meant to be a distillation of his evil side.

Chibibar said:

[spoiler:1qqahi5j]for those who didn't watch the earlier generations. The 4th doctor had to face trial on Gallafrey against himself (the 12th doctor) which is evil. I think that is natural since the Master was on his 12th regeneration. BUt since it was on the show, the 12th doctor WAS evil and try to take the doctor's remaining regeneration (at the time it was 8) for this crimes. Paradox doesn't exist for the Time Lord :)[/spoiler:1qqahi5j]
That would make a pretty interesting show. Then have [spoiler:1qqahi5j]The Master pop in and spoil the Doctor's fun an the end of each episode.[/spoiler:1qqahi5j]

Z

Zarvox

Calleja said:
Wow.... not my doctor :(
Are you forgetting someone, Calleja?

This new outfit is like a more modern version of the first doctor's.

It'll set him apart from Tennant and Eccelston, that's for sure. But, I mean, Tennant's original costume was tweaked a little bit since the first costume. Didn't he originally wear a leather trenchcoat for the first while until he did the 3-piece suit and cloth trenchcoat?

Still, i kinda dig it. Personally, I can't wait to see the new desktop theme (heh, I LOVE that term for the inner workings of the TARDIS).

C

Chibibar

CynicismKills said:
My God, the companion. :drool:

And where are the Doctor's eyebrows? Is that part of the costume? :paranoid:
She is pretty hot. Actually, kind to think of it, the doctor usually have some pretty good looking companions. :)

C

cvgurau

I . . . I kinda want to beat him up and steal his girlfriend.

Seriously, how fifties. =/

figmentPez

Staff member
cvgurau said:
I . . . I kinda want to beat him up and steal his girlfriend.

Seriously, how fifties. =/
:rofl:

I can see the cross-over fan-fic now. Biff Tannen trying to hit on the Doctor's companion.

ThatNickGuy said:
Tennant's original costume was tweaked a little bit since the first costume. Didn't he originally wear a leather trenchcoat for the first while until he did the 3-piece suit and cloth trenchcoat?
I don't have the ability to look and check at the moment, but I think Tennent's costume for the first few episodes was the same jacket as Eccelston's, since those were the clothes he regenerated in. Eventually he had time to change, and have his own style.

But my memory is fuzzy, it might have been a different costume altogether.

J

JCM

Ravenpoe said:
ThatNickGuy said:
Tennant's original costume was tweaked a little bit since the first costume. Didn't he originally wear a leather trenchcoat for the first while until he did the 3-piece suit and cloth trenchcoat?
I don't have the ability to look and check at the moment, but I think Tennent's costume for the first few episodes was the same jacket as Eccelston's, since those were the clothes he regenerated in. Eventually he had time to change, and have his own style.

But my memory is fuzzy, it might have been a different costume altogether.
He started off in the 9th Doctor´s clothes, than he used blue pajamas in the Christmas special, and ended it with a brown suit, trenchcoat and red sneaakers.

At the second season of the 10th dr, they got rid of the trenchcoat and gave him a blue suit instead.

M

Mr_Chaz

It comes across in that photo as a bit dull. I'm not going to go through every single doctor's costume, but as far as I'm concerned he always has a vibrant bit to the costume (cue the bigger fans telling me where that's not true, don't bother :p This is just what I like to see), and this photo is such dull browns it just doesn't evoke anything in me other than a general mallaise. Maybe I expect too much, I dunno, it's just a bit plain for me.

C

Chibibar

Mr_Chaz said:
It comes across in that photo as a bit dull. I'm not going to go through every single doctor's costume, but as far as I'm concerned he always has a vibrant bit to the costume (cue the bigger fans telling me where that's not true, don't bother :p This is just what I like to see), and this photo is such dull browns it just doesn't evoke anything in me other than a general mallaise. Maybe I expect too much, I dunno, it's just a bit plain for me.
Actually.... I am going by memory, but every single past doctor has at least one "wardrobe" quirk that stands out.

Chibibar said:
Mr_Chaz said:
Actually.... I am going by memory, but every single past doctor has at least one "wardrobe" quirk that stands out.
That's a lie! That's a damn...

"And lookit me, I'm wearin' a vegetable!"

...where did that quote come from? DAMNIT!

C

Chazwozel

Not to be a nit, but I finally sat down and watched this show last Saturday for the first time ever. It sucks balls.

C

Chibibar

ThatNickGuy said:
Chibibar said:
Mr_Chaz said:
That's a lie! That's a damn...

"And lookit me, I'm wearin' a vegetable!"

...where did that quote come from? DAMNIT!
A celery ;)

that never wilts.

Chazwozel said:
Not to be a nit, but I finally sat down and watched this show last Saturday for the first time ever. It sucks balls.
I may have to hand in my testicles for never watching Rocky, but you sir, may just hand in your geek card and never have it back.

Also, Chib. I THINK the quote (from Time Crash) said vegetable, but I could be wrong. It's nipicking but yeah. :)

C

Chazwozel

ThatNickGuy said:
Chazwozel said:
I may have to hand in my * for never watching Rocky, but you sir, may just hand in your geek card and never have it back.

Also, Chib. I THINK the quote (from Time Crash) said vegetable, but I could be wrong. It's nipicking but yeah. :)

I never claimed to be a geek! :D

I'm a nerd. Nerds are smrt.

Chazwozel said:
I never claimed to be a geek! :D

I'm a nerd. Nerds are smrt.
*insert NERRRRRRRRRRRD!!! picture*

But yeah, to each their own, man. Might I ask which episode you watched? Because I find if you don't from the beginning (well, beginning of the current run, being "Rose"), I don't think you'd dig it as much. The show's meant to be kinda tongue-in-cheek sometimes, like a slightly more serious Hitchhiker's Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.