Do you hate your job?

Do you hate your job?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I would say I love my job. I'm a grad student, and so that means I spend >60 hrs/wk in the lab, and have to fit in classes and teaching somewhere. I'm a Microbiologist, and it's a lot of problem solving, and reading journals, and working on experimental design/ideas.

My boss is pretty damn great and smart as hell. Our ability to get along is directly proportional to how much time I am in the lab though.

I like most of the other folks in the lab except for 2. One's a bitch, and the other is a total retard, fuck-up. Both irritate me, but I don't really have to deal with them and so most days are smooth sailing.

I have <2 yrs to go, and I'm still unsure where to do my post-doc.

The private sports club I work at flooded. So now I don't work there for a week while they clean it out. Can't say I'm complaining about some... forced vacation time.

Cajungal

Staff member
Still don't hate my desk assistant job, but goddamn they use the cheapest temporary access cards. Usually you use your student ID, but campers and orientation kids need to be issued temp cards... and they suck. I've replaced about 10 already, and they haven't even been used. It's fun to use this little machine to make the cards tho. :D

Cajungal said:
Still don't hate my desk assistant job, but goddamn they use the cheapest temporary access cards. Usually you use your student ID, but campers and orientation kids need to be issued temp cards... and they suck. I've replaced about 10 already, and they haven't even been used. It's fun to use this little machine to make the cards tho. :D
They gotta do something to keep you busy, though I can think of a few ways to do that for you. :heythere:

L

LordRavage

Normally I like my job.........Today I hate it!

I had someone call in sick. He tends to drink and party a little too much and he forgot he mentioned he was going out Monday night with friends. He gave me the whole, "Something is up with my stomach. I cant make it in. It might have been something I ate." speech.

I had another guy take over for the first guy...He didnt want to do the work because his knee hurts. I had to inform him my knee has been in pain for two weeks and I have been doing the work just fine. If I can do it...you can do it. He tried to verbally fight back. I had to inform him..."Unless you going to go to the doctors right now, take care of your work." He sighed and went off. Its been half a day and he is walking fine.

And on top of all of this....I am training people to get them to the next level and they are looking at me like I grew horns when I assign tasks. I just dont understand it. You want to get ahead but you dont want to do the work? Was I born in a different time?

I was going over lateness records and sitting down, talking to people. I was making them aware if they keep coming in late, it will count as strikes against them. Then I just throw my hands up when they start telling me "I was only 20 something minutes late. I had stuff to do."

Sorry for the venting but it is one of those days.

All I could think about when people were talking to me was...."When the zombie apocolypse happens, your going to be the first to be eaten and the zombies will still be hungry because your brains were not filling!"

:zombie:

Status
Not open for further replies.