Divx sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt²

My Divx is borked. I can uninstall it and reinstall it to my heart's content but it instead gives this error ..

I've contacted tech support but am not hopeful.. in the meantime, what's a good alternative that plays Divx files?

btw I've uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, cleaned with CCleaner, run other programs and I still get the message after Divx install, when trying to run any one of the Divx programs.

Attachments

figmentPez

Staff member
VLC is a good option for playing just about any type of file.

Windows Media Player should also handle Divx files, if you've installed the codec.

M

Matt²

yeah I've used vlc before.. I have some mkv files.. winamp wouldn't play them and it has a good interface but I can only stretch the video so far before it stops.

NO divx will work now.

M

Matt²

..sorry to be ALWAYS complaining in this thread (hey I gotta be good at something, right?!) ..but my main beef with VLC is in the past I cannot fast forward through some videos.. that PISSES ME OFF! I don't want to be locked into watching certain parts if I don't have to. Granted I haven't tried it *LATELY* so I will give it a go sooner or later. I want to explore several different options before I wipe this computer and redo it.

figmentPez

Staff member
I can fast forward with no problem. In fact, one of the things I like most about VLC is incremental fast/slow. I listen to podcasts and some video at 1.2 - 1.4x because a lot of content kind of drags.

Status
Not open for further replies.