[Question] Demographics: Eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs.

HOW YA LIKE DEM EGGS?!

• Sunny side up

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Over Easy

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Benedict

• Poached

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boiled

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Omelette

• Scrambled

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Other(please specify)

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nada.
No eggs.
No.
Ne pas des oeufs.

A) I am allergic to either egg white or egg yolk, I honestly can't actually remember which one, but I think it was the white.
B) I never really liked them anyway.

If I'm REEEEEEEEEEALLY hungover, and staying at someone's place and all they have to eat in the morning is eggs, I scramble them, with a tonne of butter and more than a dash of hot sauce, so that they taste as little like eggs as possible.

So... you're allergic to eggs except when you're hungover?
It's not a deathly allergy. Like my allergy to milk or almonds, I can eat it on rare occassion, and it only causes mild discomfort (Makes me itchy, and I get a frog in my throat, on really bad allergy days it might give me a few hives, but I can usually recognize a bad allergy day as soon as I wake up, and don't push my luck on those days). A benadryl or even a reactine is usually enough to keep me symptom free (and I take a reactine every day anyway because I'm allergic to basically the entire world). But I still try not to tempt it, and so consume it rarely. I even switched to Miracle Whip even though I do prefer actual mayonaise.

Which is good cause otherwise I wouldn't be able to eat most baked goods either.
But when you're hungover, protein and grease help. My preferred hangover food is grilled cheese, because I try to abstain from meat as much as possible, but bacon works better.
However, on a few occasions, my friend has not had a supply of either cheese or bacon in her fridge and I had to improvise.

The main reason I don't eat them though, more than the allergy, is that I just don't like them. Which is why on those rare ocassions I have to eat scrambled eggs to end my suffering, I load it with hot sauce.

Sunny side up, like an adult. Preferably cooked in the mess left over by the bacon, because that makes it super delicious.

Scrambled eggs are for children. I'MA CALLIN' YOU CHILDREN!

scrambled with plenty of cheese is how I prefer. I usually am not a fan of eggs, but scrambled is good.

And anyone calling me childish for it is a big mean poopie head!

Cajungal

Staff member
Poached, or an omelet with green onion. A coworker gave me a dozen eggs from her chicken coop, and I've been in heaven all week!

Cajungal

Staff member
Poached eggs are tricky. If the white is very firm and fresh, that helps. I can't really poach an older egg. I've had good luck adding a few drops of vinegar to the water and then stirring the water up before adding the egg. The spinning motion kinda helps keep the egg together. I admit, most days I cheat. I use one of those little silicone cups on work mornings, because it's fast and fool-proof.

We usually just eat all the left over eggs from my girlfriend's parents' place. This week we've eaten 14 eggs amongst the two of us, and we're getting another 10 this evening. Lucky my girlfriend has plenty of time to bake these days :p

Also: eating your eggs with the white and yolk all firm is like eating your steak completely cooked through grey. :tina:

:eek: That's largely how I make mine, and people think I'm crazy!
I shall henceforth occasionally refer to them as "Engineer style."

You guys are crazy, with your "no slime in my egg". [...] You need actual bread instead of the plastic stuff they sell in most of the states to properly enjoy it, of course.
I will eat sunny-side up if I have to, but I need to have sufficient bread around to soak up the yolk (rye is best). As a child with a fever of about 103-104 who was also on iron medication at the time*, all my mother would serve me was soft-boiled egg so as to "go easy on me." When what you're trying to eat looks and feels like what keeps coming up, you a) puke it back up a lot and b) develop a negative association with runny yolks.

--Patrick
*Common side effect: can worsen nausea.

We usually just eat all the left over eggs from my girlfriend's parents' place. This week we've eaten 14 eggs amongst the two of us, and we're getting another 10 this evening. Lucky my girlfriend has plenty of time to bake these days :p

Also: eating your eggs with the white and yolk all firm is like eating your steak completely cooked through grey. :tina:
Perfect! Well done is obviously the best choice for steak.

Now I'm hungry for steak and eggs...

Made some of the 'nog today. Why? because I could. That and a friend of mine never had any. Forgot ABC stores aren't open on Sunday's so it was virgin. Still delicious, and the best way to have eggs.

Egg omlete, egg pancake, boiled pheasant egg, hundred year egg, egg smothered in..in..sauce...I'm tired of eggs man. I'm tired.

Eggs... eggs...

Eggs... sterm... inate... eggs sterm inate... EXTERMINATE!
That's actually exactly what I was hoping to find when I opened this thread! :3

Scrambled is what I always have at home since it's the easiest. And sometimes I add ham!
But my favorite is Over Medium!

I love ham and eggs, I need to eat it more. Though when I get ham, sometimes I forget to eat all of it and then it goes bad. BE GLAD YOU HAVE NOT MY MEMORY!

Status
Not open for further replies.