Export thread

Dear 2012

strawman

strawman

Thanks for landing another man made robot on a planet other than Earth.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Thanks for proving yet another generation of Erich von Däniken wannabes wrong.

Thanks for earworm-quality K-pop.[DOUBLEPOST=1357039936][/DOUBLEPOST]

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Dear 2012

Go fuck yourself.

General Specific

General Specific

Yay for introducing me to dill616 Look for some fun announcements from us in 2013. ;)

Boo for taking my grandmother. :(

Gusto

Gusto

2012: Marginally better than 2011.

2013 is gonna be my year.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Thanks for making me gain 20 kilograms. That's around 45 pounds.

Diet time.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Dear 2012,

Thanks for the continued employment, the fun wedding, and the memorable honeymoon. You were pretty good to me.

-Seej

Dear 2013,

Please don't take any more of my relatives. I'm still healing. Also, please remind me to relax more and find some balance with my job. OH, and if you
could give me some motivation to get my apartment organized, that would be awesome.

-Seej

blotsfan

blotsfan

Dear 2012,
You weren't that good. Some fun times but some bad lows too.

Dear 2013,
Please be better.

Emrys

Emrys

Dear 2012 - you were pretty good but no more messing with my health, OK?

2013, be kind to some of my friends; they're going through some rough times. And if you take any of my doomweasels from me, I'll cut you.

Terrik

Terrik

Thanks for making me gain 20 kilograms. That's around 45 pounds.

Diet time.
Only 20? Pfft, Weakling.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Dear 2012 - You were good, but the parts that were bad really sucked. You were no where near being the worst year ever, so I'll take my lumps and be glad that's all I had to deal with this past year.

Hey 2013! We could be good together. But it's going to take a lot of work, a bit of patience, and some cooperation. Let's start off on the right foot, ok?
P.S. It would be a big help if you could make the Navy quit fucking up Mr. Wasabi's paycheck. Thanks.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Dear 2012, not bad, could have been much better, though.

Dear 2013, please don't take another baby from us.

Jay

Jay

2012 - Got a nice promotion, got married in FUCKEN LAS VEGAS at the Bellagio Fountain! Went on a honeymoon in Europe and wrapped that nicely up as an expecting father.... a good year.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Only 20? Pfft, Weakling.
20 kilograms of pure muscle, man!

And by muscle I mean blubber.

Seriously, they could drain my subcutaneous layer and use it as a fuel source. I'd solve the global energy crisis single-handedly. Well, single-bellyedly.

Terrik

Terrik

20 kilograms of pure muscle, man!

And by muscle I mean blubber.

Seriously, they could drain my subcutaneous layer and use it as a fuel source. I'd solve the global energy crisis single-handedly. Well, single-bellyedly.
Well, you better get yourself ready. 春节 is soon, and we know what that means. *Prepares a second belt*.

strawman

strawman

Well, you better get yourself ready. 春节 is soon, and we know what that means.
It means I'd better make sure my suppliers have a schedule and ship everything before they shut down for the holiday is what it means.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Well, you better get yourself ready. 春节 is soon, and we know what that means.
Does that mean I get to watch my son freak out again as I "feed" a lion a red envelope with a couple dollars in it?

Terrik

Terrik

Does that mean I get to watch my son freak out again as I "feed" a lion a red envelope with a couple dollars in it?
Heh. Here's hopin a few people "feed" me a few red envelopes.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Can someone fill me in with a phonetic spelling of that holiday? I feel odd calling it two squiggly symbols.

Terrik

Terrik

Can someone fill me in with a phonetic spelling of that holiday? I feel odd calling it two squiggly symbols.
Chun jie (Spring festival/Chinese New Year).

Phonetic would be..uh.,

Chwin (1 syllable) Jeeay (1 syllable). Im not so good at this phonetic thing.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Basically, just call it Chinese New Year. It's what we're accustomed to Westerners calling it.

Chinese people call it "oh god my waistline."

Terrik

Terrik

Basically, just call it Chinese New Year. It's what we're accustomed to Westerners calling it.

Chinese people call it "oh god my waistline."
Do you guys still drink a copious amount of baijiu down in Taiwan?

strawman

strawman

Dear 2012,

2013 is going to have enough problems without you mucking up the first week by distributing illnesses you knew would last through the new year.

I'm never going to visit your establishment again if you don't improve your customer service.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Do you guys still drink a copious amount of baijiu down in Taiwan?
I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I'm a teetotaler so I don't know much about drinking and drinking habits.

Frank

Frank

Dear 2012, thanks for the stroke.

Dear 2013, I've had enough strokes thanks.

T

The_Khan

I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I'm a teetotaler so I don't know much about drinking and drinking habits.
What you don't smoke, drink baijiu and eat jiaozi while setting off fireworks?

Adam

Adam

Dear 2012,

Thank you for not killing off any Halforumites.

Thanks,
Adam

Dear Shego,

Ditto.

Thanks,
Adam

bhamv3

bhamv3

What you don't smoke, drink baijiu and eat jiaozi while setting off fireworks?
Don't smoke, don't drink baijiu, do eat jiaozi, and I play video games with explosions in them.

tumblr_m1vwioU1YW1qhcshf.jpg

T

The_Khan

Don't smoke, don't drink baijiu, do eat jiaozi, and I play video games with explosions in them.

View attachment 9519
I smoke, drink baijiu, eat jiaozi and set off fireworks for new years. China is a hard country to quit smoking in.

DEAR 2012, you can keep my pack of smokes.... (I'll buy a new one for $1.75 :( )

jwhouk

jwhouk

Dear 2012,

Things kinda started to stink after June 5th. It'd be appreciated if that mistake wasn't repeated in the future.

Emrys

Emrys

Check the best before date for this year.

Terrik

Terrik

I smoke, drink baijiu, eat jiaozi and set off fireworks for new years. China is a hard country to quit smoking in.

DEAR 2012, you can keep my pack of smokes.... (I'll buy a new one for $1.75 :( )
Just breathing outside gives you the craving.

T

The_Khan

Just breathing outside gives you the craving.
yeah, the group of people smoking in the hallway certainly doesn't help.

I'm down to about 2 smokes a night at this point. Am able to go a day or two before the urge kicks in and I'm at the street corner buying a pack of zai ba for 7 yuan.

我不想抽烟但是我喜欢抽烟. 我应该干什么?

terrik 春节的时候,你出那里? 我好像跟我朋友们出上海.你在吗?

Adam

Adam

我不想抽烟但是我喜欢抽烟. 我应该干什么?

Hahaha, moon people.

Terrik

Terrik

yeah, the group of people smoking in the hallway certainly doesn't help.

I'm down to about 2 smokes a night at this point. Am able to go a day or two before the urge kicks in and I'm at the street corner buying a pack of zai ba for 7 yuan.

我不想抽烟但是我喜欢抽烟. 我应该干什么?

我去年也挺喜欢抽烟,但是我发现如果我不喝酒,我也不会抽,所以我就不喝了。

关于春节的事情。。。我不一定。 如果有时间的话,我想我应该回国,但是不知道是不是很方便。 如果我不去的话,我也想我应该陪我女朋友回去安徽过春节,但是不一定留多久时间。 也许只需要呆几天,然后回去上海。 现在太早了,我搞不清楚。 你确定好你的计划的时候,你可以给我发信息。

好了,应该不打中文,bhamv 会笑死了.

jwhouk

jwhouk

这没有任何意义。

bhamv3

bhamv3

你們打簡體字我看不懂 :D

On a completely unrelated note, I am still fat.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Dear 2012,

At the beginning of you, I was pretty happy being single. I'm an independent, self-sufficient kind of person.

But holy fuck am I done now.

Yours truly,

A lonely man. On the internet. Oh god I'm doomed.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Dear 2012,

You were pretty rough, but truth be told, it was partially my fault. 2011 took a lot of steam out of me and I spent most of you continuing to spiral. So if you could tell 2013 to go easy so I can maybe get myself in order, that'd be fantastic.

dill616

dill616

Dear 2012,

Thank you for making me get off of my stubborn Popo and finally jumping back into the world of dating. Fortunately, I met my best friend and partner in crime, one Mr. [user]General Specific[/user], on the first try. I drank from the love cup and there was no going back! Little bitter Dillchen is no more! This pickle is no longer sour!

2012, you also opened my eyes to the negative, harmful world I was living in and gave me a means to escape into my new, healthier life. Thank you a thousand times over for bringing me someone as loving and supportive as General Specific.

Here's to a stable new year filled with big changes and shiny things. Shiny things that come in a round form and shall be given to one Ms. Dill on....? Huh? Huh? Aw, he's not telling me! I love you, bunny! :heart:

PatrThom

PatrThom

201212271.gif

--Patrick
(Click the picture for the entire original comic, but be warned that the original, like most of the rest of LICD, is NSFW)

BananaHands

BananaHands

Dear 2012,

Listen. You were great. But I think we need some distance, okay?

No, no. It's not you. It's me. I got a lot of stuff straightened out, and although there was that little heart scare (I know, 2012, that was more of 1987's fault) things ended up great. I found myself in a lot better position than I was prior to you, and for that I'm thankful. But really... you were just one big hangover from 2011. Like I had woken up naked in a desert after a night of binge drinking and had to get my bearings before getting myself out of that mess.

But here we are. Things are back to normal and I'm back on solid ground.

So yeah, 2013? I'm gonna conquer you.

Regards,
Mr. Hands

P.S. - Thanks for not ending. <3

Zappit

Zappit

Dear 2012,

You took one of my dogs, and tormented my family for months when making a run at my grandfather. You were, however, kinder to my kidneys than that asshole 2011.

Dear 2013,

The bar hasn't been set very high. Don't try to limbo.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Dear 2012,

Thanks for the memories, good and bad. And lets face it, probably a little heavy on the unpleasant side. But I am prepared to make peace, accept it is what it is and move forward passing no blame.

Dear 2013,

Bring it on bitch.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Dear 2012,

You started out so promising. I was halfway through my Education degree. I moved back to Canada, specifically Fredericton. My novel was accepted for publication.

But then you had to go and screw things up with my future and have me drop out of my teaching practicum due to various reasons, including depression. The first half was totally rocking, but the second half sucked rotten.

Dear 2013,

Please bring me lots of money in book sales.

Nick

fade

fade

Dear 2012:

You were pretty cool. Awesome vacation, two raises and a promotion. Back together with my wife and kids from whom I was estranged for a year (due to work, not problems).

Dear 2013:

I would really really like to develop more focus and discipline at work and home. I think I could cure cancer and solve the energy crisis if I could only stay on task.

--fade

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Dear 2013:

I would really really like to develop more focus and discipline at work and home. I think I could cure cancer and solve the energy crisis if I could only stay on task.

--fade
Please do ;)

Gusto

Gusto

Dear 2013,

Not a great start.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Gusto,

Not sure I'd agree with that completely.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Yo, Gusto, you're still my bro, dog. If this were a playground dodgeball game, I'd totally pick you first.

strawman

strawman

Yo, Gusto, you're still my bro, dog. If this were a playground dodgeball game, I'd totally pick you first.
Don't listen gusto! He's only going to pick you then stand behind you the whole time, using you as a shield!

You should totally join my team.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Dear 2013. Couldn't do it, could you?

Fuck you, 2013. Fuck you.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

*pats O_C gently on the back*

Emrys

Emrys

Yeah, 2013 is really starting to be a real bitch, isn't it? There's still time to shape up, so I'm going to remain quietly optimistic.

Adam

Adam

2012 was pretty awesome, but 2013 has so far been an emotional shitkicking. Good times.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Wow, 2013 isn't going well for a lot of people.

Wait...

hell.JPG

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Wow, 2013 isn't going well for a lot of people.

Wait...

View attachment 10068
This would make some sense. A lot of sense.