DAMN YOU TOM BRAZELTON - Billy Mays RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What started out as a "hard landing in Tampa, but no one hurt" story has taken a bizarre twist. Pitchman Billy Mays was aboard, and MSNBC has just reported on TV that he has died at home.

Links to come as they appear. But it was reported at about 11:45 EDT this morning.

ETA: Tampa news of his passing

When I'm doing laundry today, I'll pour a scoop of Oxy Clean out for our fallen friend. Any word on ShamWow Vince's whereabouts at the time?

L

lafftaff

Wow, that's random. I liked his show Pitchmen on the Discovery Channel too. I wonder how they'll handle his death.

S

Singularity.EXE

Wonder if the hard landing had something in connection with his death? Possibly causing some small amount of internal bleeding? Guess we'll find out later.

A

Armadillo

JCM said:
Whos that?
He was a guy who did a lot of 30-second commercials for various products on U.S. TV. Had a beard, yelled a lot.

I was really getting into Pitchmen, too. My thoughts go out to his wife, kids, and all the friends he had.

Anyone want to start a pool on the next famous person to kick off? At this rate, we should know who it is by Tuesday.

E

elph

Armadillo said:
JCM said:
Whos that?
He was a guy who did a lot of 30-second commercials for various products on U.S. TV. Had a beard, yelled a lot.

I was really getting into Pitchmen, too. My thoughts go out to his wife, kids, and all the friends he had.

Anyone want to start a pool on the next famous person to kick off? At this rate, we should know who it is by Tuesday.
Since the requirements seem to be
Famous
Surprising

I'm going with Madonna.

Apparently his son tweeted it before the news picked it up. You can send your condolences to him @YoungBillyMays

This sucks, like he was such a bad ass...

T

Twitch

Calleja said:
Whaaaaa

This guy was JUST on Conan!! Damn.
To quote Carlin

Well apparently your seeing him did nothing to stop his death, in fact you may have made it worse! You are directly responsible for Billy May's death!

Hell no, I saw him on Hulu like the NEXT day.. it's the people who watched live that are to blame :humph:

-- less than a minute ago --

He died on the 28th and was on Conan the 23rd to pitch his Discovery Channel show. Conan made the guy get all "argh" cause of the Sham-wow thing (which apparently he had the same product first or something). It was funny stuff.

Weird.

L

Lally

Five celebrities in the month of June (that I can think of) and four in less than a week. Are a lot of celebrities dying or is it just at the point where I'm starting to get old... (cue the XKCD strip)

Is it bad that this is the celebrity death that hit me the hardest?

Seriously. My friend and I were discussing the possibility of making a stained glass window with Billy Mays as the subject a few months ago.

Let's see if Vince Hoff can pick up the slack. A lot of people have been saying he had a style and charisma similar to Billy's.

L

Lally

Yeah, I don't think Vince holds a candle to Billy Mays. That dude was so awesome.

A

Armadillo

Rob King said:
Not at all, I feel the same way. Think about it: this one's the most shocking of the recent deaths: he wasn't known for living a risky life, he wasn't old, he didn't have any known health issues, and he seemed like a decent guy.

David Carradine: the people who knew him best don't seem too shocked that he died in a closet in Bangkok with ropes tied around his wrists and genitals.

Ed McMahon: 86 years old, had bone cancer.

Farrah Fawcett: was known to be dying of cancer for a long time.

Michael Jackson: I'm surprised he lived to 50, given his amazing prescription drug use. The stories coming out about him are stunning. Is it even worth going into the pedophile bit?

So yeah, this one stings a bit worse than the others. Why didn't he go to the freakin' ER when he started feeling crappy after a blow to the head?!?

elph said:
Armadillo said:
JCM said:
Whos that?

Since the requirements seem to be
Famous
Surprising

I'm going with Madonna.

I'm voting George W. Haven't had a famous politician yet, but music, acting, and commerce have been covered. Though, it seems we need a woman. Don't be surprised if Madeleine Albright dies tomorrow.

M

Mr. Lawface

Rob King said:
I feel the same. All the other celebrities that died this month I either didn't know of or no longer cared about. Billy Mays was still a living legend. :tear:

NBC was reporting tonight that Billy Mays was hit in the head yesterday by falling luggage during the incident at the Tampa airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.