Fun Size

PatrThom

PatrThom

Noooooooooooooo

Also here fixed the embed:

--Patrick

Fun Size

Fun Size

I really thought they formed in the 80s, and for whatever reason being wrong about that makes me feel even older.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well poop.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well poop and scat and poop and scat and...
FTFY

—Patrick

Piotyr

Piotyr

I always thought they could have seamlessly passed on the suits and the name Daft Punk on to younger generations, keep the music going. Dread Pirate Robots.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'll be honest, that's exactly what I expected was going to happen.

--Patrick

General Specific

General Specific

My introduction to Daft Punk was this animation on Newgrounds:

It looped pretty well, so I'd leave it running for a bit while I did other stuff.

chris

chris

Weird, nothing in the news, TV or Radio. I haven't checked MTV yet.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I had heard "Around the World" before, but I didn't know who had made it. My first conscious exposure to Daft Punk was when they and the Gorillaz's videos aired on Toonami: Midnight Run in 2001. Went out and bought both albums the next day.

GasBandit

GasBandit

My introduction to Daft Punk was this animation on Newgrounds:

It looped pretty well, so I'd leave it running for a bit while I did other stuff.
My first exposure was "Da Funk" but I love this animation.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Guess it's because they're French... They were big here in a way where "I didn't consciously know them until 2001" sounds weird to me. It's like saying you didn't know about Madonna until she played in Evita. :confused:

Celt Z

Celt Z

Guess it's because they're French... They were big here in a way where "I didn't consciously know them until 2001" sounds weird to me. It's like saying you didn't know about Madonna until she played in Evita. :confused:
It may just be a "me" thing, but there have been so many songs I could sing by heart but have no idea who the artist is because every time I heard the song, it wasn't announced. Happens a lot on the radio around here when they play songs in a block.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Discovery came out in 2001, and did really well in the US. Prior to that they weren't very popular stateside outside of niche electronica.

@Li3n

@Li3n