[Contest] Daddy Likee! (Twitter Contest!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, it's contest time again! This time it's a Twitter Contest and you can enter as many times as you like.

Rules/How to Play:

1. On Twitter, follow "WIT of Omaha". This will give you one entry into the contest.
  2. Each day on Twitter I will be posting an item (as "WIT_of_Omaha") that you must use in the following format: "I like my men/women like I like my ____________!" and then say why. An example that I put on Twitter is ironing board (also today's word of the day!). "I like my women like I like my ironing board...folded up and shoved in my closet!" You get the idea. Please follow it with the hashtag #daddy_likee
  3. Please don't forget to @WIT_of_Omaha in your tweet so we know you did it!
  4. Each UNIQUE entry per person gives them an entry.
  5. A new item will be given each day this week.
  6. Retweets get no extra points, but I'd sure appreciate it!
  7. If your Twitter name is different than the name you use here, please let me know so I can give proper credit for the entries. (I know I should know all of your real names, but I'm old and get confused!)
  8. The winner of the contest will be drawn randomly from eligible participants and will NOT be a subjective vote on how much anyone likes your entries. Your entry could be as stupid as mine and still win.
  9. Winner will be chosen and prize ordered either next week or as soon as available (see below).
Prize:
I will give you a book from Amazon. Your choice between Quotemander Prime 's first novel (when it's available from Amazon) or my best friend Mark Stone's new novel "The Judas Line", which is available now.
The reason I'm conducting this contest is because the Twitter account is new and we need posts to be able to promote it and not look like total idiots. And I know you guys will actually populate it with good material.
Amazon product

IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT HERE:

You are eligible to participate in the contest and I'll have a separate prize just for you! Or you can make an account. It's up to you!

I kind of have this thing where I refuse to sign up for a twitter account, so I guess someone else can just have this one...

"I like my men like I like my coffee....
bitter."

Not sure I follow. Are you saying you don't care about the contest? If so...thanks for the update. :p
I think he was adding "coffee" to the line in his head since that's the most common gag I know of for "I like my women the way I like my ____".

I added coffee because I read step 2 as "I like my women like I like my BLANK", so I filled in the blank, not getting that he meant "I like my women like I like my WORD OF THE DAY".

Not sure I follow. Are you saying you don't care about the contest? If so...thanks for the update. :p
No I mean that's my blanket entry.

"I like my women like I like my coffee/beer/revenge/beans/justice/correctional facilities"

I'll take my prize whenever.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, clarification: I said I like my men/women like I like my _________....But I'm supplying the blank each day. So you don't get to choose your own object. Today's was/is ironing board. So it HAS to be: I like my women/men like I like my ironing boards....

I apologize if I didn't make that clear.

Dave

Staff member
That's the joke, guys. They are outrageous and silly. And you can use men as well as women.

Today's object: garden rake

Example: I like my men like I like my garden rakes...with a lot of wood for gripping!

Dave

Staff member
Yeah I noticed. *sigh* The person who set it up (not I) did so with only limited security. It's why I stopped on Wednesday. Until she changes the password I'm not touching it. SO I'm going to take what info I do have and pick a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.