D&D 4e Tomb of Horrors

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Shawnacy said:
I officially forbid the players of my Thursday game to read this. =D
They released a sample encounter

Baerdog

Baerdog

Wow, that trap is kinda nasty. As a DM, it warms the very cockles of my heart.

Shawn

Shawn

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

The Trap + Drowning Touch is a rather fun combo, otherwise looks like a quick little encounter.

Gusto

Gusto

wat.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Are we in the fucking ToH!?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I have a feeling that's where Ascerak will be.

Jay

Jay

I'm on his horse! Bitches!

Seriously though, some of these adventure book has combat encounters that are full of rape.

Shawn

Shawn

You're not there yet. But since this campaign began I had intention of putting you up against Acererack and his Tomb of Horros. At the time I figured I'd have to design the adventure based on old adventures from the ground up. But as luck would have it Wizards is releasing it. Whether it will have the grand scope that was part of the Return to the Tomb of Horrors 2nd edition adventure is uncertain. If there is only the Tomb, and not the Fortress of Conclusion, then I'll have to continue where the new book leaves off.

Dei

Dei

The Tomb of Horrors module was the July Living Forgotten Realms DM Reward, so I'm sitting here with the module right now! :D It appears to be only the Tomb itself, but they are releasing a "super adventure" in July that might have more.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

:bump2:

So it hit stores in hardcover last Tuesday, anyone grab a copy yet?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Me. Just in case.

(Kidding. Though after our last module, I'm not too enthusiastic about the eventual finale of our campaign taking place in one. Hopefully Shawn will make it his own so it will be cool, instead of following the Wizards lesson plan.)

Shawn

Shawn

It was a lesson learned. But I do plan on getting the book and reading through it myself. I'm sure I'll change things around to make it more RP tolerable. Based on what I've read so far they claim it to be a grand adventure in the spirit of Return to the Tomb of Horrors (An award winning 2nd edition adventure for good reason as it's one of the best.) Now if it isn't for some reason I likely will just break out my copy of Return to the Tomb of Horrors and run that and just update stuff to 4th edition (or just use what I want from the new Tomb).