Costa Rican coffee is so freakin good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently had my stash resupplied. I'd recommend to anyone who can get it directly from the country to do so.

Any other suggestions for good imported coffee?

I don't drink coffee myself but I have a coworker who swears by Costa Rican coffee. He likes it so much he says he can't go back to normal coffee now. He orders it off of a website online. He makes one big order for all his friends/family. He actually convinced me to order some for my parents next time to makes his order.

W

Wasabi Poptart

My husband got me a huge bag of coffee beans from Kenya while he was there last year. Delish!

Cajungal

Staff member
I'll drink any coffee. I don't know enough or drink enough (or learn the names enough) to really tell the difference. But I favorite blend at my favorite cafe (highland coffees) is Sumatran, I think. They buy the raw beans and roast them every day in this huge machine right in the store. Fun stuff. :D

I'll drink any coffee. I don't know enough or drink enough (or learn the names enough) to really tell the difference. But I favorite blend at my favorite cafe (highland coffees) is Sumatran, I think. They buy the raw beans and roast them every day in this huge machine right in the store. Fun stuff. :D
OH GOD THAT MUST SMELL SENSATIONAL

Cajungal

Staff member
OH GOD THAT MUST SMELL SENSATIONAL[/QUOTE]

It really does! They have only two people who are allowed to do it, too, so you know it's done properly and not by some new kid who has no clue what's going on.

Plus it always tastes nice and fresh... unless I can't tell because I've diluted it with milk and chocolate. :p

I bet that is nice. Very jealous.

The closest we have is a company in town that roasts theirs. It's very good, but I don't believe it's imported from anywhere special.

I need to see if I can get my friends who live in Costa Rica to bring back some raw beans and try roasting it myself.

C

Cuyval Dar

I have an aunt who is a part-owner of a coffee plantation in Costa Rica. One problem: She doesn't share the delicious coffee often enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.