Cosplay Bounty: Dress Like a Fool, Win Portal 2! IT'S OVER?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!! I'm pretty excited for it!! =^^=
Oh wow, crazy! Since I'm only going to SDCC this year and one of my two costumes is 80% done. And the other one is going to be pretty simple. I've got me some time. =^^= Good luck with all of your costumes!!
What's your costume lineup for SDCC? I'll be there so long as I can afford the flight! :)
I've got Tinkerballa (The Guild) and Amber (Sucker Punch) planned for sure. The other 2 I've not decided on yet.

What's your costume lineup for SDCC? I'll be there so long as I can afford the flight! :)
I've got Tinkerballa (The Guild) and Amber (Sucker Punch) planned for sure. The other 2 I've not decided on yet.
That sounds like an awesome, fun lineup!
I'm doing Carmelita Fox from the Sly Cooper games as well as a Superhero Alice in Wonderland. A bunch of girls and I are doing all the Disney Girls as Superheroes. =^^=
Then I'm debating between Adam Hughes' Catwoman, or taking my Appa from Avatar the Last Airbender again.

figmentPez

Staff member
Sorry I haven't been more active in figuring out what the new rules should be. I've been spending most of my time trying to take care of my health, and it's been really rough on me.

Right now I'm thinking opening up the bounty to any character, costume-variant or mash-up combination that hasn't been posted (and correctly identified) in the Good Cosplay thread yet. Maybe that's just me trying to cling to something of my orginal idea, but I dunno. Thinking clearly on the issue has not been easy.

Start working on the assumption that it's going to be at least that open, and if anyone wants to argue for a completely unlimited contest, feel free to propose what rules you think will work and why.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to say that I realize that real cosplay costumes are expensive. I thought this contest would be won by poster board and crayola markers. I don't know if this makes me seem less insane, or even crazier.

Sorry I haven't been more active in figuring out what the new rules should be. I've been spending most of my time trying to take care of my health, and it's been really rough on me.

Right now I'm thinking opening up the bounty to any character, costume-variant or mash-up combination that hasn't been posted (and correctly identified) in the Good Cosplay thread yet. Maybe that's just me trying to cling to something of my orginal idea, but I dunno. Thinking clearly on the issue has not been easy.

Start working on the assumption that it's going to be at least that open, and if anyone wants to argue for a completely unlimited contest, feel free to propose what rules you think will work and why.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to say that I realize that real cosplay costumes are expensive. I thought this contest would be won by poster board and crayola markers. I don't know if this makes me seem less insane, or even crazier.
Well, expensive or not, I'm not going to do this contest half-a**ed. =^^= I'm really going to put effort into it. And I'm excited!

figmentPez

Staff member
Portal 2's release date has been set at April 19th. That's 2 weeks from today, so the deadline for entry is going to be one week from now, April 12th. I'll update the OP to reflect that later today.

figmentPez

Staff member
I know that LittleKagsin has you all psyched out, and worried you can't compete, but second place still gets something! Look what I came up with in 30 minutes:
Picture 006.jpg

Alley Viper

Boom! I'm in the lead. Or I would be, if I could win this thing. Which I won't, because I'm not eligible. I wrote myself out in the rules. I don't want to win, I want to give games away to people crazy enough to make costumes out of whatever. If the winning costume is made out of scrap paper and crayons, and wins only because it's the only entry, so be it!

Well shit, if this thing is still wide open...

Here's a Russell Brand costume I threw together for a rock star party at the beginning of the semester. Not sure if it counts for anything, but whatevs.

figmentPez

Staff member
Not sure if it counts for anything, but whatevs.
If you were holding up a a sign saying Halforums like the rules say, then you'd be the front-runner for Portal 2. Without that, you're vying for second place with the Magickca cosplay that Heatherling posted.

If you were holding up a a sign saying Halforums like the rules say, then you'd be the front-runner for Portal 2. Without that, you're vying for second place with the Magickca cosplay that Heatherling posted.
They're just pictures I had from a party back in February. This thing wasn't even in my mind when I did the costume.

Edit: Looking at some dates, this thread wasn't even posted when the party took place.

If you decide to have another contest, I'll try to participate better than this time around. :) And I'll work on getting friends to join in, too!
This was a fun idea, I just didn't have the time. You certainly don't suck at this!

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm so disappointed with some aspects of this...And I seriously want to finish it!! But here's my entry...I hope it's good enough...
*yowza* Yeah, I think you passed "good enough" by a fair margin.

That's Figment the dragon you're playing, correct? If there were other entries I suppose I'd have to weigh the missing horns and no visible wings against your creativity in anthropomorphizing the character by working his spots into your makeup. (Some yellow lensed lennon-style glasses could be a nice way to emulate his big yellow eyes.)

However, you're the only eligible entry for the grand prize, so you win Portal 2. You did a great job and you deserve it. PM me with your Steam username so I can gift you your copy.

As to the other entries and the rest of the prizes. I'll have to confer with Ashburner to determine the ranking for Heatherling and Baerdog's submissions. You two be thinking about which game you'd want. Once those two get their prizes, I'll might let people put their names in a hat for the remaining games.

Wow thats wonderful!! This makes me so happy!! Yay! =^^=

I can't wait to finish this costume in a much better way. Haha!
The glasses are such a good idea! I'll keep that in mind. I was going to use my own, but I got so distracted, I forgot...

Status
Not open for further replies.