Export thread

Cornpop and the masters of the universe (Halforums 5e adventure)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I am Cornpop, halfling of Neverwind. Fatatastic powers were revealed to me when I drank a gallon of ale and killed a bugbear with my bear hands singlehandedly.

Only seven people know my secret; Toarent a giant lizard, Sildar's a naked guy from a cave and Silver who stabs things.

Together we defend Fandallin front the evil forces of Flagstaff!

Eriol

Eriol

I am Cornpop, halfling of Neverwind. Fatatastic powers were revealed to me when I drank a gallon of ale and killed a bugbear with my bear hands singlehandedly.

Only seven people know my secret; Toarent a giant lizard, Sildar's a naked guy from a cave and Silver who stabs things.

Together we defend Fandallin front the evil forces of Flagstaff!
It's funny how much is "accurate" here versus not. A surprisingly high percentage!

@HCGLNS said he'd be starting a thread to share out "adventures" with the rest of the board, so this is it. I'm DM'ing a D&D5E adventure with @HCGLNS, @Squidleybits, and @Dirona as players. Enjoy the "reports" of our adventures here!

Bubble181

Bubble181

It's funny how much is "accurate" here versus not. A surprisingly high percentage!
I'm guessing the "bear hands" were, in fact, bear paws.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I spent a lot of time putting together a detailed backstory for my character. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what I'm doing :)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I'm guessing the "bear hands" were, in fact, bear paws.
Aha you wish to here about my battle with the Bugbear Lkargg?

I started off by stealing his wolf from under his nose and riding it down the chimney like like a wolF!

Then after butchering his goblin archers I pummeled him with their ripped off limbs and he cowered in fear until he died.

Then I cut off his ears to make this necklace!

Eriol

Eriol

Aha you wish to here about my battle with the Bugbear Lkargg?

I started off by stealing his wolf from under his nose and riding it down the chimney like like a wolF!

Then after butchering his goblin archers I pummeled him with their ripped off limbs and he cowered in fear until he died.

Then I cut off his ears to make this necklace!
Once again, despite horrific mangling of details, it's surprising how many of the broad strokes here are true!

Dirona

Dirona

and single-handedly hauled a soaking wet dragonborn 3-times your size out of a raging flooding river!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

and single-handedly hauled a soaking wet dragonborn 3-times your size out of a raging flooding river!
Ah Toarent my lizard friend you exaggerate your size again, you are only four times my size. Perhaps your height is while you keep falling down things, why just recently I rescued you after you fell off a bridge!

Dirona

Dirona

Fell through a bridge, thanks to my giant dragon-y sized butt.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Eriol

Eriol

Also FYI, this game is in-person. If there's somebody else in the greater Halifax area that wants in on this, it's probably possible. The table isn't full.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Also FYI, this game is in-person. If there's somebody else in the greater Halifax area that wants in on this, it's probably possible. The table isn't full.
Yes. Last session we learned how to make bacon wrapped tater tots and that Danish Blue Cheese is the best blue cheese.

Dirona

Dirona

Yes. Last session we learned how to make bacon wrapped tater tots and that Danish Blue Cheese is the best blue cheese.
Yes and possibly, but is being the best of an evil cadre of cheeses really something to crow about?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

So strating next session Cornpop will be doing more advanced tactics, primarily knocling people to the ground using the shove attack. That's my Athletics check versus an opposed Atletics or Acrobatics. Purpose being to grant Silver advantage on her attacks.

And with the combat manouvers from the Battlemaster Archetype it could get hairy.

One conceivable event is Menacing Attack; Shove (with a disadvantaged save) + Action Surge: Commanders Strike.

Eriol

Eriol

So strating next session Cornpop will be doing more advanced tactics, primarily knocling people to the ground using the shove attack. That's my Athletics check versus an opposed Atletics or Acrobatics. Purpose being to grant Silver advantage on her attacks.

And with the combat manouvers from the Battlemaster Archetype it could get hairy.

One conceivable event is Menacing Attack; Shove (with a disadvantaged save) + Action Surge: Commanders Strike.
The monk is going Open Hand almost certainly (still waffling a bit). Which means knockdown or shove on successful attack as well.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Ouch Silver will be rolling a lot of dice going forward :)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I need new dice :(

Dirona

Dirona

More?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

The ones I have still roll pretty badly lol.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

20170807_232831.jpg

Greastest dice roll, evurr!

Eriol

Eriol

View attachment 25183

Greastest dice roll, evurr!
I can confirm that the roll pictured both
  1. Happened
  2. Affected the behavior of most of the participants of the game
He out-persuaded @Squidleybits and thus some (former) prisoners started tagging along with their group, rather than staying were it was safe(ish).

Fun times.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I had to roll 2d20 and take the lowest, and BAM! Cornpop saves the day!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

C0144719-Barrels_of_salted_pork-SPL.jpg

Dont worry I'll save you!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I can confirm that the roll pictured both
  1. Happened
  2. Affected the behavior of most of the participants of the game
He out-persuaded @Squidleybits and thus some (former) prisoners started tagging along with their group, rather than staying were it was safe(ish).

Fun times.
My plan was far better! He won the roll and then left me in charge of protecting them while we went through the dungeon!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

20170821_224747.jpg

Dirona

Dirona

I hadn't pictured the facial hair, but other than that, that looks about right!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I think his hat will get progressively larger as time goes on.

Eventually he will appear as tall as Torinn.

Dirona

Dirona

The hat will serve as a handy Cornpop carrying device, since it will be taller than he is!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

The hat will serve as a handy Cornpop carrying device, since it will be taller than he is!
No Cornpops 10 gallon hat will store 10 gallons of beer.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Is he wearing pants?

Dirona

Dirona

I've always assumed he subscribed to the Zapp Brannigan school of attire.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Poor Silver.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Um, poor Torinn. Being a badger mount for a commando halfling.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Silver is fighting is close quarters with all that dangling halfing.

Jay

Jay

I got excited for a moment, I thought someone wanted to be a 5e DM :)

Eriol

Eriol

Already there. But in Halifax, not over the 'net. Sorry Jay.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hello again, gather round and listen to my new tales of awesome adventures and drinking.

Having saved the town of Fan Delar from a horde of evil, I celebrated with the townsfolk and drank a giants weight in ale. The lizard and elf chose to feed the cat all night.

Then some boring people paid us to rescue them from the evil to the East.

So off to the East I led the lizard lady, the elf with the pointy stick and the dude who likes to kick things; Solder.

Using my quick wits I easily dispatched eight goblins singlehandedly with my incredible sword Chop Chop!

Such work deserves a good night's sleep, but the elfs cat attracted some hungry wolves, so I had to kill like a pack of three or so to get pack to sleep.

Then the next day we found a ghost or something and talked to it about hair care products. It did not have any beer.

Then off to find out about the Well of Elderly Owls and it's viscious creward of vampires. We found a nice man with a cool tent, he was being attacked by zombies, I tried to save him, but Torring the lizard attacked with bloodless and bile.

The lizard ended up setting everyone on fire and Silver the cat lady accidently killed the strange man.

But he had a nice tent.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Then off to find out about the Well of Elderly Owls and it's viscious creward of vampires.
You didn't bother or annoy my grandparents, did you?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Lol

Just so we're clear, we all agreed that the halfling should carry the magic ring?

Eriol

Eriol

Lol

Just so we're clear, we all agreed that the halfling should carry the magic ring?
That's what I remember happening. Making the < 3ft meatshield a little tougher seemed like a good thing to you guys.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

That's what I remember happening. Making the < 3ft meatshield a little tougher seemed like a good thing to you guys.
Ca use nothing bad ever happens when halflings carry magic rings ;)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

That or we give it to Copper :)

Jay

Jay

So is this a real game or what?

*rolls Simkin*

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

So is this a real game or what?

*rolls Simkin*
Real in life playing at people's houses.

No Simkins allowed.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

With bacon wrapped tater tots and real cats laying on the table sometimes![DOUBLEPOST=1504782669,1504782357][/DOUBLEPOST]But not at the same time, because that would be gross.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

20171225_121555.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

The movie was probably better.

--Patrick

Eriol

Eriol

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Funny story; I thought the wrapping was done so I put away all the stuff. Turns out I was wrong and got asked to get some more paper, grabbed the silver wedding paper and we all laughed.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

:aaah:

They are trying to party wipe!

Dirona

Dirona

Kill the dragon, kill the dragon, kill the draaaaaaaagon!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

IF we wipe I doin it drunk!

Dirona

Dirona

No wipe, but no attempt on dragon. Next time it will be mine!

Eriol

Eriol

*Grins Maniacally*

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

=hiccup=

'Alo again! Back for more tales of Cornpop and his mighty blade Chop-Chop! Easy enough, so after the dragon lady killed some zombies I led us south and then I killed an entire cave of orcs and ogres. For sum reason the dragon lady keeps turning into a spider, hopefully it's not contagious. Having finished our business in the North, I led us back to town, and for some reason some hobgoblins attacked us. It must be the lady elfs fault, they know by now that attacking me is certain death. It goes without saying what happened next.

So back at the town of Fendallar, I took charge and got us all prepared for our next trip East, while the others seemed to want to complain to various people around town. A few days ride and here we are, on our way to Thundurtree.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Eriol

Eriol

I think there will be a number of interesting possibilities when we finish our current module (which should be before that comes out). That's all I'll say.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

We might get to try it even sooner if we all die next session, right?

Eriol

Eriol

Our first campaign finally finished with their Monk stun-locking the dragon.

Poor dragon. Without legendary resistances, it didn't stand a chance.

Given that Cornpop's player is going to be the next DM, we'll see where this goes...

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

And now a new DM...

You set out to explore the recent stirrings in the fallen castle of Bowstrunkt. From you history your remember that hundreds of years ago a gnoll army raged across the Forgotten Realms only to meet their demise at a final battle based around Bowstrunkt Castle. The inhabitants of the castle are rumoured to have crafterd fierce warriors known as War-Forged. Made of wood and metal and imbued with some form of a soul they proved to be significant response to the gnoll threat. The gnolls defeated and dissappeared the castle never heard from again.

XP for the evening: 5300 each.

Treasure totals:

200 gp
2 x Healing Potion
4 Diamonds worth 100 gp each
Chain Shirt +1
Longsword +1
50 diamonds worth 15 gp each
1 amethyst worth 400 gp
2 arrows of undead slaying

Choker of Tiamat

This is a dazzlying jewled chocker filled with many gems that represent the chromatic dragons, culminating with a large ruby in the centre. A DC 15 history check will reveal that this choker is highly prized by members of the dragonborn race. An arcana check DC 22 will reveal it's true nature.

Curse: this item can not be removed once worn and only a Remove Curse spell can remove it.

Should any race other than a dragon born wear this choker, they gain a breathweapon as per the dragonborn race statistics.

Should a dragonborn wear the choker, their breath weapon gains a recharge value of 5-6/6

After every 10 recharges, the damage of their breathweapon doubles and the character suffers an alignment shift to CE.

LG LN LE
NG N NE
CG CN CE

No diagonals allowed.

Dirona

Dirona

Torinn is seriously eyeing that choker. If no one else is interested, I'll wear it. It sounds... Interesting.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

TiamatAdult.png

Excellent.

Dirona

Dirona

that is the cutest looking Tiamat I have ever seen.

PatrThom

PatrThom

After every 10 recharges, the damage of their breathweapon doubles.
I assume it goes back down on the 11th, otherwise we’re back to that rice-covered chessboard again, and you have a character dealing Epic levels of damage in rather short order.

—Patrick

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

But why is the goat gone?

Also, if Copper gets hurt, you’re toast!

Dirona

Dirona

As far as I'm concerned, the goat and Cornpop went floating off down the river, and we'll find them washed up on the bank somewhere as we're leaving. Both drunk as skunks, of course.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I assume it goes back down on the 11th, otherwise we’re back to that rice-covered chessboard again, and you have a BBEG dealing Epic levels of damage in rather short order.

—Patrick
Muhuhahahaha

Last session you guys hated the goat and now it's your best friend. Will Cornpop return, who can say. Maybe those arrows will come in handy.

Eriol

Eriol

I thought of a good way to find out about Cornpop in-game. I'm keeping it under my hat to frustrate our DM however.

:p

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

The number you have reached is not in service. Please hang up and try your call again.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

lima-beans.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Ghostly Cavern
1000 xp each
Dagger of Venom
Studded Leather +2
Potion of Mind Reading
Wand of War Mage +2
100pp
880gp
2500sp
12000cp

Dark Mantle
25 xp each

Snake Pit 1
1030 xp each
Heavy Crossbow +1
Dagger +1
Bracers of Archery
Amulet of Protection against Detection and Location
70pp
3 platinum rings worth 25 gp each

Yuan-Ti Abomination
725 xp each
Ring of Free Action
1800 gp
A pouch made with dwarven leather

Snake Pit 2
1030 xp each
2 Potion of Healing
Potion of Greater Healing
Scroll Chill Touch, Witch Bolt and Jump
2 Bloodstones 25 gp each
500cp
1200sp
1400gp
90pp

Eriol

Eriol

For the record, you rolled nuts man. Awesome nuts, but nuts.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

3700 xp

Mace of Smiting
+1 Flail

Left behind, 1 piece of Mendicant Money

Mendicant Money
If the holder of this coin has less than 50 gp in treasure, they have advantage.
If this coin is left alone with treasure worth more than 50 gp, it destroys (eats) the treasure at a rate of 20 lbs per hour. This typically occurs over a long rest.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

5850 xp

+2 Cloak of Protection
Scarab of Protection

1 hat

1 piece of Mendicant Money

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

5850 xp

+2 Cloak of Protection
Scarab of Protection

1 hat

1 piece of Mendicant Money
So yall are at least 6th level.

Eriol

Eriol

So yall are at least 6th level.
We were 6th before this, but awesome. Now that we're emerging from underground, I can go from making undead dissolve to making LIVING things scream in terror from getting burned. Yay!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

We'll call it sunshine leveling!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Silver can find some awesome spells from that book right?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Yes. You can choose to learn from the book as a source.