Command and Conquer 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronic Arts’ award-winning and best-selling Tiberium saga is coming to a powerful conclusion with Command & Conquer 4, which will introduce a multitude of innovations to the classic fast and fluid Command & Conquer gameplay, while retaining the core compulsions that fans have come to love over the series’ history.

Storyline

In the year 2062, humanity found itself on the brink of extinction. Tiberium, the mysterious, alien crystalline structure that infested Earth for decades and caused years of relentless conflict between the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and the Brotherhood of Nod, was close to rendering the planet uninhabitable. In the midst of this crisis, Kane, Nod’s prophetic leader, emerged from seclusion to deliver GDI the message that he had developed a system that could control Tiberium and harness its power. But he could not build this “Tiberium Control Network” without GDI’s cooperation. Thus, the two opposing factions—GDI and Nod—found themselves in a desperate and unlikely alliance to stop Tiberium from extinguishing mankind.

Now, after 15 years, the network is nearly complete. Tiberium is under strict control and our revitalized planet is on the cusp of a new age of prosperity and progress. It is only now that the world’s citizens begin to seriously ponder why Kane chose to help, and what he will want in return. These questions and more lead to the dramatic final act of the Tiberium saga.

Features

• The Epic Conclusion to the Tiberium Saga – Kane returns in the thrilling conclusion to one of gaming’s longest running storylines, told through gritty live-action cinematics. Choose to take on the campaign solo or team up with a friend and play cooperatively!

• Persistent Player Progression – The more enemy units you destroy, the more experience points you earn to progress your player profile! Level up to unlock new units, powers, and upgrades to make your army more powerful!

• Always on the Move – For the first time ever in the C&C series: a massive, mobile, all-in-one base, The Crawler, lets you pack up and move your base with your army for a new layer of strategic depth. Build units as you move across the field, and deploy whenever and wherever you choose!

• Choose Your Class – Choose from three unique classes from both GDI and Nod, each with its own specialized units and powers, for more strategic and combative options that match your play style of choice! Offense, Defense, or Support classes—which will you pick?

• Team Up and Take the Battle Online – Join your fellow commanders online and tackle your opponents in the biggest C&C multiplayer to date, featuring 5 vs 5 objective-based battles! Choose your favorite class and take online strategy action to the next level as you conquer objectives while pummeling your enemies. The all-new party system lets you move with your party of friends from one online battle to the next.

Command & Conquer 4 Revealed | Gamers Digest

*nerdgasm*

Twilight? *shivers* They're not going to cover Kane in sparkly things, are they? And add obnoxious teenage tiberium mutants?

Bah, i haven't been impressed with the Dune 2 series since Red Alert 1...

Never played the series.....
A pity, unless you can stomach the antiquated controls the ones from pre-TibSun Westwood have you prob won't be impressed. Or you can try Red Alert 2, it was ok once i got past the disappointment of them going too far with the cheese.

All hail Kane!

I absolutely have to play this game even as I didn't play since C&C2. But lately the old computer genes kicked back in and I can't wait for this and SC2.
:)

If you do you should play C&C3 to get the Scrin thing... the story does have some good points... just too few imo.

The whole Scrin thing was lame if you ask me. On top of that the race was terribly unbalanced. Despite all that it's still a fun game to play so I'll pick up #4 as well. If it's the conclusion, does this mean there will be no 5?

Well they've been hinted at since the get-go, the lame-ish execution was just a by product of the fall of Westwood to TS...

I will buy this, and hopefully clear enough hard drive space to install it. I bought both C&C3 and RA3 at launch, then played about 10 hours of C&C3 and have yet to unwrap RA3.

I really liked RA3. It wasn't quite as good as its predecessors, but it was all around strong and had George Takei and Tim Curry in the plot movies.

The mission where you have to destroy Mount Rushmore because JK Simmon's president has gone batshit loony and turned it into a super weapon to annihilate the Russians is awesome.

C

Chibibar

I read this on Gameformer and it looks pretty interesting. I might consider this.

Really?

Red Alert 2 was easily better than the first one by a mile.
Not everyone enjoys having cheese inserted up all their holes... RA had just the right amount, and it was also mostly unintentional.

I also liked how the out there weapons where actually based on stuff Tesla and others where rumoured to have done at the time... RA2 just went too far with the crazy.

Once i got back into RA2 after a few years i did see how it wasn't as bad as my first impression told me, but RA1 was still superior if you played each when they came out (it actually was played alongside SC at the games-cafee before TS took C&C down).

I meant gameplay-wise.

2 was a hundred times as polished as the first, which was incredibly generic. Pretend Red Alert 2 had no cut scenes. The game itself is remarkably superior.

Well that's just the advancement of the controls and graphics... but as RA1 was different from WC1 and besides those i only played Dune II back then i didn't see it as generic, even if it was (it was a C&C game i guess, and as all RTS's where "inspired" by Dune 2 it would figure that one of it's spiritual successors would have the same gameplay).

I never really understood who came up with the balance of Red Alert 1. I mean the Russians had the Heavy tank, and the mammoth tank which were so much more devastating than the Allied medium tank. Then to add insult the Russians got the Tesla Coil which was expensive and pretty lightly armored but could take down anything but artillary before it shot once.

Then the Mig was an incredibly cool bomber that allowed you to hit the enemy hard every minute or so.

Then whenever I brought this up with my friends their response was to say "The allies have the Destoyers" Or cruisers which ever ship is was that required a huge investment of resources and then had no sea defenses meaning that 1 sub could take it out.

G

GeneralOrder24

I never really understood who came up with the balance of Red Alert 1. I mean the Russians had the Heavy tank, and the mammoth tank which were so much more devastating than the Allied medium tank. Then to add insult the Russians got the Tesla Coil which was expensive and pretty lightly armored but could take down anything but artillary before it shot once.

Then the Mig was an incredibly cool bomber that allowed you to hit the enemy hard every minute or so.

Then whenever I brought this up with my friends their response was to say "The allies have the Destoyers" Or cruisers which ever ship is was that required a huge investment of resources and then had no sea defenses meaning that 1 sub could take it out.
The allies had tech. It's the same play dynamic that the original C&C had. GDI was tanks and NOD was tech. One's the brute force side, and one's for the sneaky thinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.