Comic Book News

Are you saying he's going into televangelism?

--Patrick
There's a link I hadn't made until now. I think there's a lot of similarity between televangelism and what he's doing on Youtube. Youtube propaganda channels might be the new, more effective form of televangelism. Froth up an audience with what they want to hear, then lure them into a con job where they pay to receive nothing.

But wait, if he lied about this, could he be lying about OTHER things?

Also, IF (and that's a big IF) he's telling the truth about his supposed daughters, it's kinda disgusting he's using them as a shield.

WB marketing person decided Batman's genitals won't sell Batman lunchboxes, therefore DC is panicking to clean up other Black Label and Vertigo books of any percieved problem least they get chewed out or fired because of WB.

Vertigo books might be canceled because DC's new event is underperforming.

I'm so aggravated that the one line of books most people could look forward to either now or in the future is being attacked for stuff that has nothing to do with it. We just had a bunch of interesting Sandman titles started and they don't need the trouble. I hope Neil Gaiman has more say than an overzealous WB producer, but I don't know.

They obviously don't want people like YOU patronizing them.

--Patrick
Considering what's happened, Marvel's attitude toward their customers is "fuck you" and their attitude towards Comicsgaters who don't buy their stuff is "how may we serve you?", my value to them will only increase if I stop giving them money.

Your daily reminder that Twitter is a useless shithole and no one should use it.

That said Marvel should have fired a lot more people over their antics over the years, but Dan Slott, Mark Waid, and Nick Spencer (who had the decent sense to leave Twitter not to long ago) sell comic books.

Marvel has announced Old Man Quill, giving Starlord the future treatment of Old Man Logan and Old Man Hawkeye and Old Man Why?
I can almost see this one work; fun, optimistic character outlives all of his friends, who ether died of old age (Rocket, probably) or violent, stupid deaths... and the only ones left are his descendants and Groot. This might actually be more depressing than Old Man Logan; at least Logan expected something like this to happen and was ready for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a likeness rights issue or they needed Tim Burton onboard. Batman '66's major real life players are all ether dead or enthusiastically onboard.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a likeness rights issue or they needed Tim Burton onboard. Batman '66's major real life players are all ether dead or enthusiastically onboard.
Yeah, I'd imagine that likeness issues would be a definite block to this project, especially with Jack Nicholson's Joker.

Still, I would be all for a Batman '89 series and can't help imagining how they'd design some of those Batman villains (and which actors would probably inspire their look).

figmentPez

Staff member
Marvel to cancel all X-Men titles.... and then relaunch them.

"I didn’t feel like just doing a new number one was enough. I also didn’t think that if we were serious about what we were trying to do we should have a mixed message in the market about what an X-book is,”

"if you want to read X-Men books during the run from late-July through September, House of X and Powers of X are the only new X-books available and everything that’s going to follow is based on them,”

Following that, Hickman says Marvel plans to relaunch the X-Men line, with some "traditional" titles, and some new ideas - including a new core flagship X-title which Hickman will write. What's more, it's all part of a multi-year, multi-wave plan to revamp the X-Men.
I feel like this announcement needs randomly emphasized words. Because just doing a new number one was not enough, they had to go with the more extreme option of canceling all the existing books to prove that they're serious.

Chip Zdarsky is better at advertising Marvel than Marvel's ad people.

Screenshot_20190514-211914~2.png

It won't get me back, but I love him.

At least the writers were given a year's notice so they could plan accordingly, but it's still not a smart move. It didn't work in 2016 and it won't work now.

figmentPez

Staff member

WTF did I just watch? Batman walking around with the Joker's head like it's a GL power battery, fighting giant green zombie babies, angry Superman, and "You got Tank Girl in my Wonder Woman! No, you got Wonder Woman in my Tank Girl!" This makes no sense.

DC Comics Will Stop Double-Shipping Books Next Year

I'm not really surprised. I always had the feeling they did this specifically to rush Action Comics and Detective Comics to #1000. And why they returned to the original numbering at Rebirth.
They'll find openings for the money though. Like, Batman will be shipping once a month, but Tom King is starting a Batman spin-off that will probably be required reading alongside his Batman run.