Chippy's Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow commies and pinkos, let's talk about the beautiful game. I'll start with a picture of my man crush.

I know it's said every year, but THIS is Liverpool's year!

Had to watch the decline of my hometown football club HSV (Hamburger Sport Verein) from an international player to a last placer in the national league in just 3 years.

Japan played brilliantly.Still surprised though about the amount of hype we had in Germany about the Womens World Cup. 4 years ago not a single headline about it,eventhough our girls won.Then this year it was advertisments,sticker books and even a Playboy cover >.<

B

Biannoshufu

Germany needs moar money so it can save Europe and people throw money at playboy and boobs!

Boobs were always the downfall of civilization.
Added at: 20:37
Anyway,how big is soccer outside of Europe and Latin America?

Ehhhh, it will never catch on here in the states like people always say it will. Which I understand, it's hard to watch a 0-0 draw when you don't have a vested interest in the teams or the sport. But the European leagues still have a large following over here, and there are more MLS fans than you might think.

Here you live and breathe football,wether you like it or not.each city worships their team like a religion.Our town has quite often riots between our two Major League Teams supporters.Especially during Derbys.(the only city in germany that has two teams playing in the upper echelons) It can get tiring if you are caught between the fronts.I root for my City,wether it is St.Pauli or the HSV.

Status
Not open for further replies.