[Announcement] Buy Bumble Art - Charity Drive

Skip below for information on pricing and how to donate!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Original Post)
Hey guys. I come to you with a question, and a proposition.

I have a friend. She's one of the kindest, funniest, most giving people I have ever met. If not the most.

Without getting too involved with her personal details, she's on really rough times. She's a single mother, left with a mountain of debt that is not her own, and going paycheck to paycheck not knowing if she can keep food on her table for her little girl. And it sucks to see.

I want to help, but I don't have much to give. So that's where my art comes into play.

I need to know how many of you would be interested in buying a piece of art. I can give you originals, digital art, old All on Alfie stuff (remember the RL alfie video? Still have the characters from it!), custom drawn postcards, whatever you want. Hell, I'll give you old blizzcon swag if I have any lying around. Want me to record myself reading you a poem I write for you? I can and I will!

I plan to take any and ALL money I make from this, and buy her a grocery gift card. So at the least, she can have a reliable way to put something in her fridge, if only for a week or two. I just want to help.

Let me hear it guys. What do you want to see from me? I'll do anything you want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So you may be asking how much this kind of stuff will cost.

If you're interested in a digital drawing, a video being made, or really anything that doesn't require shipping, I will do it for ANY AMOUNT you donate. I can't stress to you how serious that is. you throw 2 dollars into the donation pool, and I'll do whatever you want that doesn't require a shipping method.

If you would like something that requires shipping, (a physical drawing, some old art I've done, Alfie or Green Thumbs Garrett props) I'm going to have to ask it be a minimum of 10 dollar donation (probably more if you're out of the states..) I hate to do that, but unfortunately shipping stuff isn't free.

To donate, just paypal any amount to BumbleChris29@gmail.com

Let me know what you would like in a PM or in the notes of your donation.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Anything helps, and I'm willing to do anything to be able to donate your guys hard earned dollars to someone who really deserves it.

Thanks

Last edited:
Would you be interested in a commissioned piece of a scene from my first book? Something that I can put on my author website, with a back link to wherever you want--deviant art, your own site, etc.

@Tinwhistler id be willing to give anything a shot. Either post here the kinda detail or description of what your looking for in the pic, or send me a PM.

Would this be something you'd want the original art sent to you, or just a digitally done/scanned copy sent your way?

@Tinwhistler id be willing to give anything a shot. Either post here the kinda detail or description of what your looking for in the pic, or send me a PM.

Would this be something you'd want the original art sent to you, or just a digitally done/scanned copy sent your way?
We live in a digital world. The original artwork isn't that critical to me, though if you wanted to send it, I could frame it and put it on the wall in my writing space/office. Then again, I could do that with a printed copy of the digital work, too. (shrug).

In my books, there's a little imp named Berry, and the main character is Randall. Here's a spoilered-for-length description of their first meeting. That's really all the description I give about the little guy.
After a few minutes of silent musing, Randall realized that he felt something tugging weakly at the apple that he’d let dangle from his hand, neglected. Looking down, he was jolted out of his reverie by the sight of an enormous brown rodent pulling on the apple!
“Ugh!” Randall cried, as he instinctively yanked his hand away.
Randall’s sudden motion flung the creature over backward, but it somersaulted in the air and landed dexterously on the log beside him. That was when he realized it wasn’t a rodent at all. In fact, it almost looked like a little man crouching down on all fours!
It was only a few inches tall, but it had long spindly limbs attached to a thicker brown torso. The thing’s fingers were very long and dexterous, and its wrinkled, leathery skin was loosely stretched over a wiry frame. Its most striking feature, however, was the creature’s very human-like visage, with large, expressive eyes that spoke of intelligence. Though it seemed to lack any of the features that would let Randall determine the creature’s sex, in Randall’s mind, it was obviously a tiny little man.
The creature stood on two legs, half-crouched, watching intently as if assessing Randall’s next move. After a few long seconds, its eyes darted down to the apple in Randall’s hand, before quickly darting back up to meet his eyes. It crept forward a couple of half-steps, still crouched and wary, and then held its long-fingered hands toward the apple, longingly. Randall found the behavior incredibly endearing.
“Aww, aren’t you cute! Are you hungry?” he asked while breaking off a tiny piece of the apple.

In the book, Berry really digs the dried eel soup that Randall makes as a travel ration. The scene I'm most interested in is here:

But the most entertaining behavior by far was after Randall had shaved the eel into the pot, and taken it off of the fire to steep. Berry would try to imitate Randall, sitting patiently as they waited for the soup to cool. This only lasted a minute, at most, before Berry would start chittering and fidgeting. Then he would eventually creep toward the pot, and chitter at it excitedly while pacing back and forth. Inevitably, he would be unable to control himself, and leap on the lip of the pot, trying to score a mouthful of soup before the heat forced him to leap back off.
Randall would double over with laughter while watching his little friend leap to the lip of the pot, yelp, and leap back off, chittering angrily and scolding the pot for thwarting his desire.

TLDR: An image of my imp character standing on the lip of a soup pot, bending over, and taking a sip.

Talked to Bumble about this, and--if you would like--I will throw in a free poem along with his art for those who donate!

So a couple of you have asked about it, so I think I'm going to go full steam into this.

I'm going to alter the OP to include information for donating to my paypal (apparently I don't know how to add a button for that?)

Thank you to @Enresshou for throwing in some of his fabulous poetry as an extra incentive.

If you're wondering about prices and such, check back at the OP in about 5 minutes. Trust me guys, it will be well worth your money. And we can help make someones day unbelievably brighter.

yup! :D

Did you have a dollar figure in mind for the finished work?
If the digital scan works, and is all you need, then you can literally donate as much as you want. Even a buck or two will be plenty.

If you're wondering what I normally would charge for something like this, it'd be about 15 bucks.

Let me know if you want this changed in any way, I always seem to have a bit of trouble imagining book scenes when I'm drawing them out :X

Thanks, @Tinwhistler !

imp.jpg

How about you make the decision. I like Fett and have a Dorman print, a Donald as Fett and a couple of other guys work with their interpretations of him.

If the digital scan works, and is all you need, then you can literally donate as much as you want. Even a buck or two will be plenty.

If you're wondering what I normally would charge for something like this, it'd be about 15 bucks.

Let me know if you want this changed in any way, I always seem to have a bit of trouble imagining book scenes when I'm drawing them out :X

Thanks, @Tinwhistler !

View attachment 16890
Looks great! I sent you some cashola...it's an odd amount, because I don't like cents sitting around in my paypal account :)

Do you have a site like deviantart or something you'd like me to link to when I post it?

Looks great! I sent you some cashola...it's an odd amount, because I don't like cents sitting around in my paypal account :)

Do you have a site like deviantart or something you'd like me to link to when I post it?
Lol all good, the cents will work too! :) thank you very much, sir.

And you can link it back to my tumblr.

Itsbumblr.tumblr.com

I want to thank everyone that has participated, PM'd for information, or expressed interest in this. It's been about 70 dollars raised, and I think that's amazing. I have some new stuff I'll be offering tomorrow, if anyone is interested. I'm going to keep this going for a week or so at least.

I do apologize if it's an inconvenience to see this thread for some of you, but thank you for all your help <3