[Question] Board Game Night?

I believe the day was saved by "Flash" Thompson Williams (with an assist by Keltsy and her lucky rubbing stone), so maybe speed is the real stat to have.

I managed to make it through a stomach without being digested!

But then, yes, I nearly did cost us the game by failing to stab the heart with the spear so badly that it summoned an antibody... which then stole the spear from me.... and gave it to the traitorous Ash... allowing him to escape to the furnace room... where he almost succeeded in burning it.

Fun fact: I have died in EVERY SINGLE game of BaHotH we've played so far.
And I'd have won if I had just kept moving to the Chasm instead, where I wouldn't keep losing points of might. Would have been way easier to stop an escape too.

I looked at Arkham horror in the library... I believe it said that the common items cards text was blank, to ensure that folks using VASSAL owned a copy of the game.

I perused the library for a bit, and wept that some games (Munchkin) were not available.

Well we have other game ideas now. What about a firm day and time? Friday or Saturday nights, starting around 9pm EST feels like the best day to set because most of us aren't going to have work the following morning.

GasBandit

Staff member
Man, editing the game footage is not going well AT ALL. Premiere keeps crashing while I try to trim out the dead space, once it even crashed on the first click after re-loading into the project! Ugh. I'm going to have to relegate it to the back burner for now, I fear.

Man, editing the game footage is not going well AT ALL. Premiere keeps crashing while I try to trim out the dead space, once it even crashed on the first click after re-loading into the project! Ugh. I'm going to have to relegate it to the back burner for now, I fear.
You...you don't think someone's trying to tell you it's time to replace your computer, do you?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
You...you don't think someone's trying to tell you it's time to replace your computer, do you?

--Patrick
It's not the computer, I think it's just premiere. Obviously it doesn't like having to shift around 2 hours of 60fps 1080p video with multiple parts clipped out. I'm not even using all my RAM, much less CPU, it just... has a nervous breakdown.

Alright... so I'm looking at the posts, so I'm gonna toss a date and time: Saturdays at 9pm EST. As for this week's game... I'm thinking Pandemic and/or possibly Dead of Winter.

I won't be home from work until around 11 on Saturday this weekend but if there's a round 2, I wouldn't mind getting up on that.

I'm sure I'll be around, but if there's too many people who want to play I'm fine with giving up my spot.

If the issue is I -have- to schedule it at an ungodly hour just to get bodies, I will. But that's sort of the thing I need hard confirmations about... it -is- 11 at night for me.

If the issue is I -have- to schedule it at an ungodly hour just to get bodies, I will. But that's sort of the thing I need hard confirmations about... it -is- 11 at night for me.
Speaking of which, if we try again this Saturday, I'll be out Trick or Treating with my daughter and probably won't be available until 11pm EST or later either.