BBC's The Colour of Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished reading The Light Fantastic and, eager for more, started up the BBC's two-part movie "Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic"

I loved the books, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm 4 minutes in and half already been pleasantly surprised by spotting both Sean Astin and Tim Curry.

But Rincewind just popped up and he's..... OLD! Where in the books does it say he's THAT old!?

Calleja said:
I just finished reading The Light Fantastic and, eager for more, started up the BBC's two-part movie "Terry Pratchett's The Colour of Magic"

I loved the books, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm 4 minutes in and half already been pleasantly surprised by spotting both Sean Astin and Tim Curry.

But Rincewind just popped up and he's..... OLD! Where in the books does it say he's THAT old!?
I can't remember if his age is ever discussed, but generally the Wizards are older guys I believe.

Oh.

I know in the Art of Discworld book he seems to be drawn as though he's in his 30-40's, and Pratchett says it's pretty much how he pictured Rincewind. So there's that, too.

i thought hogfather was damn good.though i miss christopher lee as death. :(

colour of magic...eeh. i dunno. i just didnt find it as good as hogfather. didnt help that i thought david jason was miscast as rincewind. he didnt really seem to be the 'abject coward' i expected him to be.:eek:rly:

M

Mr_Chaz

(It was Sky not BBC)

Yeah I enjoyed it, thought it was quite good fun. But I agree that David Jason is too old for Rincewind, it didn't affect the show, David Jason is a great actor, but it bugged me a little.

I haven't seen the Hogfather yet, I might try to get hold if it this Christmas, but if it's like the Colour of Magic I'm sure it'll be worth a watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.