Axe cop will chop your head off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Srsly.

So it's written by a 5 year old and drawn and put together by his 29 year old artist/writer brother.

Also, it's the best thing ever.

Also, Dave, what steps are you taking to make sure that these people become part of our comic hub?

fade

Staff member
29 w a 5 year old brother? Someone thought they were past the point of fertility. Oops.

Also, great idea.

There is no part of this that was not good.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Correction: No RSS feed is not good.

Honestly, I believe all of it is. That's why it was funny to me - it sounded just random enough to be a kid that age. If he's writing parts of it, he's doing an excellent job of faking the bizarre, stream-of-consciousness storytelling you get out of a kid that age. I could see him guiding it with questions though.

I'd imagine the writing process goes down one of two ways. Either the 5 year old says what happens and the older brother does the layouts and stuff and edits it to fit a comic format. Or the kid does his own doodles and stuff and the older brother just redoes the art.

It's funny, but I do wonder how much of this is actually written by a 5-year old.
There is a video of them brainstorming one of the comics on the site. It is pretty entertaining in itself. I would say the artist guides the kid but doesn't really push the ideas around. He mostly asks questions then puts it into a coherent order.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I had my mom write down a story I told once when I was around that age.

I found it once.

Sounded about the same storytelling-wise, but god was it awful. I repeated myself like 30 times trying to get the point across.

fade

Staff member
It's funny, but I do wonder how much of this is actually written by a 5-year old.
I've got a six year old, and puts long stories together like this all the time. In fact he's always making books out of paper with exactly this kind of stuff in it.

AWESOME.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

I had my mom write down a story I told once when I was around that age.

I found it once.

Sounded about the same storytelling-wise, but god was it awful. I repeated myself like 30 times trying to get the point across.
I wrote a short story (my first short story) when I was 6. It was about a totalitarian queen and a team of heroes who try to rescue all her prisoners (held captive in concentration camps). They were all letters of the alphabet. (The main characters A E I O U, and heroes like I Jones, Bat M and S Man)

I feel kinda bad for Flute Cop/Dinosaur Soldier/Avocado Soldier, so many transformations in his short tenure with Axe Cop and probably more to come.

S

Soliloquy

Best. Thing. Ever.

Dave, you've GOT to get this in the comic hub.

ElJuski

Staff member
I've got a six year old, and puts long stories together like this all the time. In fact he's always making books out of paper with exactly this kind of stuff in it.[/QUOTE]

I mean, it's not beyond credulity. But what got me thinking was, "This five year old knows what an avocado is?"

I've got a six year old, and puts long stories together like this all the time. In fact he's always making books out of paper with exactly this kind of stuff in it.[/QUOTE]

I mean, it's not beyond credulity. But what got me thinking was, "This five year old knows what an avocado is?"[/QUOTE]

He says it wrong in the video and his brother interprets it for him.

Here you go you lazy bum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQiCwmolnYw&feature=player_embedded

Bah. can't get it to embed. You're a mod. you fix it.

I mean, it's not beyond credulity. But what got me thinking was, "This five year old knows what an avocado is?"[/QUOTE]

He says it wrong in the video and his brother interprets it for him.

Here you go you lazy bum:

Bah. can't get it to embed. You're a mod. you fix it.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.