Awesome MMA fights, or just fights in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the fight fans here, show some of the better or lesser known awesome fights you really like. Here's one from WEC 49 from the summer I was able to attend in Edmonton. It had a bunch of just outstanding fights, but what basically amounted to a fantastic kickboxing match between Mark Hominick and Yves Jabouin definitely was the fight of the night. Despite the racist piece of shit fans in attendance (an Iranian fighter was called raghead and sand ****** by an entire group of guys a dozen or so rows off in the stands, was disgusting) it was an awesome show.

This fight, especially the later minute of the first round and the entire second round is just fucking dynamite. I love the lower weight classes and their boundless energy.

Mark Hominick vs Yves Jabouin – WEC 49 | Pancrase.org

This fight, especially the later minute of the first round and the entire second round is just fucking dynamite. I love the lower weight classes and their boundless energy.

Mark Hominick vs Yves Jabouin – WEC 49 | Pancrase.org
Awesome fighting...but that energy has a trade off. Though they have tons of energy, there's not much umph behind their punches. If I punched a guy in the face as many times as both fighters got it in that video in the first round, my opponent would be all kinds of tore up. ;)[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's true, some of them don't have a lot of power, but when they land a blow clean, it's noticeable. It doesn't help that Hominick has an iron face. When Jabouin lands clean, he crumpled, same as when Hominick landed the sweet uppercut to the liver and dropped Jabouin.

Eh, it's true, some of them don't have a lot of power, but when they land a blow clean, it's noticeable. It doesn't help that Hominick has an iron face. When Jabouin lands clean, he crumpled, same as when Hominick landed the sweet uppercut to the liver and dropped Jabouin.
Don't get me wrong. I'm absolutely sure those guys punches hurt. But it often takes a lot more of them to accumulate fight-stopping potential. This makes lightweight fighting paradoxically both more exciting to watch (fighters have more energy and scrap a lot more) and more boring to watch (fighters can shrug off multiple clean shots back to back). It's the exact opposite paradox for the heavyweights...they are slower, and 'scrap' less, but when they score a clean hit, ouch!
[/QUOTE]

Oh for sure. Myself, I definitely prefer to watch two tireless guys grapple, scrap whatever over two lumbering behemoths who exhaust themselves 2 minutes into the first round (ala Shane Carwin/Brock Lesnar). There are a few heavyweight exceptions, Fedor Emelianenko and a lot of the Pride crew from the hayday of Pride and the like.

Speaking of which, I definitely recommend Fedor Emelianenko vs. Mirko "Crocop" Flipovic from the Pride 2005 Open GP. Both guys were in their prime and beat the holy shit out of each other.

Dailymotion - fedor vs crocop 1/3 - une vidéo Sports et Extrême

That fight could have been so much better since they were both hurt. However, it was still a great fight due to what it meant to the sport and the intensity.

2005 really was a great year for MMA. Fedor and Mirko going at it and Shogun beating the shit out of anyone in his way.

One fight i liked that's not famous is : Zaromskis vs Ikemoto... Zaromskis has been exposed lately but i actually loled during that fight

W

wana10

Gatti/Ward 1 and 3 were amazing fights. Boxing, not mma, but i highly recommend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.