Assassins Creed II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody hyped about the upcoming Assassins Creed II?

It's predecessor was a blast graphic-wise, but gameplay was repetitive and boring after a while.

Now, part two on the other hand seems to amend part ones mistakes and if the game can keep up to what is promised in the "developer diaries", it could become probably one of the best games ever.:hail: Well, at least it would become the best game ever in the assassins creed universe... :smug:

Two more Diaries should follow, I think they're not out yet. At least, I haven't found em.

And here's the E3 debut trailer... Beautiful CG-Graphics (not ingame), but they make me drool:

A

Alucard

For me it doesnt look any graphically improved. I just hope its not the same repeat method that was the stock and trade in Assasins Creed I.

Never played Assassins Creed. I heard it got boring after the first hour of playing.

How does it compare to the Thief series?

A

Alucard

It's a step down from Thief in my opinion although I'm more partial to Thief

I loved AC but some missions were pretty lackluster... it's hard to compare Thief to this... Thief was all about sticking to the shadows and stealing as much as you can. Harder modes you can't even TOUCH a guard.. it was great.. until the undead stages... it made me sadface. Good luck to Eidos on T4 though.

AC2 is something on my radar, I just loved walking around town .. randomly killing people and watch people freak out. The all out rooftop chases was amazing.

Loved AC1, looking forward to AC2, though I never watch Dev Diaries of a game I haven't finished yet. I hate spoilers, even gameplay ones.

Bleh, no love for me for it. I almost stopped playing the first time a guard flipped out because my horse was at a slight trot.

Loved AC1, looking forward to AC2, though I never watch Dev Diaries of a game I haven't finished yet. I hate spoilers, even gameplay ones.
Then let me spoil this for you: it looks as if they solved the repetive mission structure from part I and kept the very cool open city and climbing stuff... :)

H

Heavan

AC1 was awesome if you didn't treat it as a stealth game. Running around town countering crusaders with awesome cinematic attacks never got old. I took down something like a group of 50 once, it made my day.

A

Alucard

I may get it eventually when it goes down in price but when I do that AC3 may already be out lol.

Looking forward to Bioshock and Mass Effect 2 more.

AC1 was awesome if you didn't treat it as a stealth game. Running around town countering crusaders with awesome cinematic attacks never got old. I took down something like a group of 50 once, it made my day.
It was much more of a stealth-ACTION game. While sticking to stealth was just plain fun, it was also incredibly fun to distract guards with your throwing daggers, run around, eviscerate your target while they're looking away, and then running away over the rooftops while they're screaming "WTF?! THAT ASSHOLE KILLED OUR GUY!! GET HIM!!"

And yes, fighting 20+ crusaders at a time and winning, especially in a game where button-mashing does two things, jack and shit, is incredibly satisfying.

In the last city, I got caught killing a target and had a running 20-min street-and-rooftops battle with guards and crusaders until finally managing to lose them.

AC1 was pretty taxing for my system, so I actually hope AC2 isn't too much of a graphical upgrade. And I agree, the gameplay in AC got repetitive after a while, though fortunately it's the type of gameplay I enjoy, so I'm not complaining too much.

"Twenty guards? Ha! I'll fight you all with my dagger!"

Actually, now that I think about it, a friend borrowed my AC disc a few months ago, he hasn't given it back yet.

After a break of aprox. 1 1/2 years, I finally finished assassins creed 1. It was actually quite funny to get back to the game, and due to my long absence from the game before finishing the last 3 Missions, the repetitiveness wasn't that bad anymore.

I just loved the mission in the harbour of acre (I think?), where you had to kill your target on a larger boat...

I killed all guards on the way in, sneaked myself on the targets boat, waited for the target and killed it from behind with my hidden blade, all without being noticed. Aaaaah, that WAS satisfying. :)

And story-wise... I AM really curious how the story continues.

Part II really seems to amend on the mistakes of part I:

In Part II, you've got an economy system, a greater variety of weapons and gimmicks (poison blade, smoke bombs) and a much wider range of missions.

Let's hope they make Part II to what Part I should have become 2 years ago.

Just finished Assassin's Creed last night... Definitely pumped for ACII now.

Did anyone really not see the leader of the Assassin's Guild being a traitor coming, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.