Ask Cajungal Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajungal

Staff member
Man, this would be a great replacement for Artist of the Month... user of the week--as many questions as you can stand.

So I'm gonna go visit everybody's and see what's up. :)

K

Kitty Sinatra

If you were me and I were you, What question would you ask me?

K

Kitty Sinatra

I'd probably close with one, too :cool:

What was your favorite date?

S

Silvanesti

whats your favorite band or artist?

and

What would you do in the event of a zombie attack?

Cajungal

Staff member
I'd probably close with one, too :cool:

What was your favorite date?
Ooh, I know just the one. Jake and I had only been together for about a month, and we didn't have a lot of money to go out. So most of our dates consisted of playing video games, watching movies, and talking. He used to have this shitty old truck that was probably the FIRST love of his life, hehe. One night, he drove me home and we just started talking about everything we were interested in and didn't want to stop. I put my head in his lap, and he laughed and listened to music and went on and on until the sun came up. Important, because that was when I really started to take note of the things I love about him to this day.

Cajungal

Staff member
What's your favourite Cajun joke?

Hmmm... I can't think of many at the moment, but this one's pretty cute. I'm gonna probably have to explain it though...

So Boudreaux comes home, and his wife is in a bad mood.

"I need you ta go to da sto' an' get me some tampons."

So he goes and stares at the feminine products section until a grocer comes up to him.

"How can I help you, sir?"

"Mais, I need some tampons for my wife."

"Well what kind of flow does she have?"

"Linoleum."

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

whats your favorite band or artist?

and

What would you do in the event of a zombie attack?
Tom Waits and a bunch of Jazz artists... my top 3 vocalists right now are Shirley Horn, Billie Holiday, and Johnny Hartman. But that changes around sometimes.

Hmm, I'd probably rely on someone much stronger. Or I'd die really really early in the attack.

Cajungal

Staff member
Can you play the kazoo?
I'm not a professional concert kazooist, but yeah. ;P

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Whats your favorite version of Animal Crossing?
Never played.

And Allen, I guess I didn't think anyone would be interested. Glad you like it. :)

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

How long have you been playing and singing? Ever play with a group?
I've been singing almost as long as I could speak in sentences. Musical family. We all HAD to play piano for at least 5 years in order to gain a musical background. I learned theory performed at recitals. We can all carry a tune well, but I kind of had the best knack for it. That was my niche. My brother's the bass/flute guy, and my sister would probably rock the drums. My dad is a really wonderful flutist who helped get the Acadiana Symphony Association founded.

Then when I was 9 I joined a Children's Choir and performed in churches, nursing homes, and some venues in New Orleans. I've also performed in a local musical revue called "Basically Broadway" at age 14 and 2 high school musicals, _South Pacific_ and _Godspell_. I also sang "More than you Know" with my high school's jazz combo. I spent one year of college in voice, performing classic arias and things like that, mostly, plus some broadway stuff. We even did a madrigal. I stepped away from that and am performing in public again for the first time in a week. I'll try and get a video. :)

As for the uke? I'm a total novice. I started in June for fun, and I'm really enjoying it. I just wanted something portable that I could sing along with. I'll be playing it at the gig next week.

Cajungal

Staff member
Never watched much of it, but if I had to guess who I would like the most, I think it would be Picard. The air of that show suits me more than the old one, I think, and Patrick Stewart is just great.

Cajungal

Staff member
Hmmm....unusual dishes...

On my senior trip to New York, we visited this gorgeous hole-in-the-wall restaurant where I had seared scallops with a sauce made of dark chocolate and squid ink. Unusual and delicious, strangely bittersweet.

I ate blood pudding on my trip in the UK last year. It was good. :)

There's gotta be something else too.. I'll think about it.

I mean, I've dunked 20 pounds of live, writhing crustaceans into a boiling pot filled with spicy seasonings and potatoes... maybe I don't know what's unusual.

Hylian, I have no desire to eat head cheese.

Cajungal

Staff member
Down the sink. Blech....

No, scratch that... I'd put ice in it and give it to my grandpa or sister. :) That's their drink.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Would you eat a seafood salad if it was made from the flesh off of Zoidberg?

:waah: No!

K

Kitty Sinatra

You might not eat head cheese, but would you eat a Cheesehead? ;)

Cajungal

Staff member
Of course not!

And more to the point, I can't think of one person who I myself could kill. As much evil as there is in the world, I never want to power to take life away from anyone.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Do you think you're hypnotizable? Have you been hypnotized?

*dangles medallion*

Are you getting sleepy?

Cajungal

Staff member
what kind of superpower do you want?
Cliche, but I want to fly. I've had vivid dreams of flight since childhood, and if I sit and concentrate long enough, I can almost feel the wind all around me. It's one of those crazy dreams.

Cajungal

Staff member
Would you HIRE someone to kill me given the chance?
You're acting like you've done something wrong... it's making me suspect you.

But still no. I wouldn't even know how to go about that. Besides the obvious forum joke.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Do you think you're hypnotizable? Have you been hypnotized?

*dangles medallion*

Are you getting sleepy?

I actually am sleepy. It's bedtime soon.

I really don't think I would be. I'm way too aware. I have trouble letting go.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

can I call you Clichegal?
:( Only if you want me to be a Sadgal.

Status
Not open for further replies.