Anyone see the eclipse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rubicon

It's only really visible from Asia and the south pacific (China, Taiwan, Japan, etc)

Supposedly the longest lasting one of this century

some quick google-fu:

No, the only channel that seemed to cover it at all was CNN International, which seemed to have only one camera in China in an area covered by clouds. Not even NASA TV had anything. I had to convince the two people in the community tv lounge to switch over from Miss Congeniality to watch this, and all they did was make fun of the woman's lisp the entire time. The internet is also too slow to enable web streaming.

W

Wasabi Poptart

They were showing it on the 6pm news. That's the only way I'd be able to see it.

C

Chibibar

WildSoul said:
They were showing it on the 6pm news. That's the only way I'd be able to see it.
hehe.. I missed it cause I don't watch normal TV. I usually watch Cable movie channels, DVDs, or playing PS3/PC

Um...I saw the one in a Heroes episode. :bush:

(Oddly enough Zen was all "HOLY CRAP!" and ran up to the screen to watch it. Just the eclipse.)

I've seen solar eclipses before though, so I'm not too bothered about missing it.

I remember my first eclipse, it was freaky. Not a single cloud in the sky, but the world was just oddly... dimmed. Like someone had turned the sun down to half power.

Huh, that reminds me that I should keep a floppy disk around. The last eclipse I saw (must have been 7 or 8 years ago?), I watched through the disk part and it worked really well.

bhamv2 said:
I've seen solar eclipses before though, so I'm not too bothered about missing it.

I remember my first eclipse, it was freaky. Not a single cloud in the sky, but the world was just oddly... dimmed. Like someone had turned the sun down to half power.
Yes, and everything gets bluish, and shadows look really strange when the object casting them is in the right position.

It's cool!

If you're into this sorta thing - here's a site that's pretty awesome:

http://www.eclipse.org.uk/eclbin/query_eo.cgi

Has listings of past and future lunar & solar eclipses for centuries. Even has diagrams and such depicting what the eclipse will look like to a viewer at a certain location.

Anyways - the awesome part is that there is a small area between St Louis & Indianapolis which will see not one but TWO total solar eclipses in a 7 year span starting in 2017. Awesome

L

Le Quack

It was magnificient. It allowed my vampire brothers and sisters to wreak havoc upon the unsuspecting asian villagers. Blood was spilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.