And, years later, I found it (Girl Genius 9/18/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soliloquy

Huh. Now that's an interesting twist.

Though it has been bugging me how Tarvek could have not known Gil was Gilgamesh Wolfenbach after this whole fiasco. It really makes no sense. Like, at all. I expect the Foglios forgot about that incident when writing this section.

Also, I'm still waiting with bated breath for Othar to show up and do his thing. I'm guessing he's somehow responsible for the problems with the lightning machines.

Well they were high up and Gil had new clothes on and a magnificent hat on so it may have been hard to recognize him from a distance

My guess is that Tarvek definitely knew the person he knew as Gilgamesh Wulfenbach was coming into the castle, but that he didn't know it was also the person he knew as Gilgamesh Holzfäller. The disease probably wasn't any good for his short-term memory/perceptive capacities.

I am guessing that the "Black Mist Raiders" story was a second line of defense story. The first one was there as a first lien and in case someone didn't believe it there would be a second story to throw people off. If anything the Baron likes to cover all his bases.

S

Soliloquy

My guess is that Tarvek definitely knew the person he knew as Gilgamesh Wulfenbach was coming into the castle, but that he didn't know it was also the person he knew as Gilgamesh Holzfäller. The disease probably wasn't any good for his short-term memory/perceptive capacities.
Yeah, I think you're right. The foglios could have handled the situation better though, methinks.

I'm not buying this.
I am guessing that the "Black Mist Raiders" story was a second line of defense story. The first one was there as a first lien and in case someone didn't believe it there would be a second story to throw people off. If anything the Baron likes to cover all his bases.
I don't know... the writer in me refuses to believe that the Foglios would even bother with bringing up this revelation if there weren't at least some semblance of truth to it. Otherwise, what's the point of these pages? And besides, if Gil IS the baron's son, who the heck would be his mother? He hasn't had any women that I know of since Lucrezia Mongfish, and I seriously doubt that Gil is a construct.

I guess maybe tarvek's belief that Gil is the son of Teufel might have some affect on the plot, perhaps bringing up identity issues for Gil (who is, after all, in the same room, and possibly conscious). But I still think there's some truth to Tarvek's claim.

I don't know... the writer in me refuses to believe that the Foglios would even bother with bringing up this revelation if there weren't at least some semblance of truth to it. Otherwise, what's the point of these pages? And besides, if Gil IS the baron's son, who the heck would be his mother? He hasn't had any women that I know of since Lucrezia Mongfish, and I seriously doubt that Gil is a construct.

I guess maybe tarvek's belief that Gil is the son of Teufel might have some affect on the plot, perhaps bringing up identity issues for Gil (who is, after all, in the same room, and possibly conscious). But I still think there's some truth to Tarvek's claim.

I personally believe that Gil's mother is a Skifander and I think that Zeetha and Gil are brother and sister. I also disagree with Gil not being Klaus's son. If you remember during this comic we see a child on Klaus's back it looks like baby Gil. Now I will say that if Gil's mother doesn't turn out to be from Skifander (which I still believe she is) than maybe Petrus Teufel actually is a woman and not a man. And maybe she is Gil's mother and Klaus is the father. Klaus did say that every woman with the spark has tried to kill him. Of course Petros Teuful may still have been a Skifander and may have followed Klaus back trying to stop him from leaving with Gil when he left Skifander (which he may have or may not have been to)

S

Soliloquy

I personally believe that Gil's mother is a Skifander and I think that Zeetha and Gil are brother and sister. I also disagree with Gil not being Klaus's son. If you remember during this comic we see a child on Klaus's back it looks like baby Gil. Now I will say that if Gil's mother doesn't turn out to be from Skifander (which I still believe she is) than maybe Petrus Teufel actually is a woman and not a man. And maybe she is Gil's mother and Klaus is the father. Klaus did say that every woman with the spark has tried to kill him. Of course Petros Teuful may still have been a Skifander and may have followed Klaus back trying to stop him from leaving with Gil when he left Skifander (which he may have or may not have been to)[/QUOTE]

Well, that comic with Baby Gil only means that Klaus had Gil around as he was a baby--it doesn't necessarily mean he's Klaus' actual son.

I had forgotten about Wolfenbach's cryptic comment about Zeetha, though. So I guess your theory does make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.