And then Gil betrayed me. (Girl Genius 9/16/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really enjoying this glimpse into the Gil and Tarvek's past. Also it now makes sense why Gil's created Zoing as his breakthrough device. After Tarvek got sent home he was lonely and wanted a friend so badly that he went and created one.

Yeah, but the problem with this flashback is it doesn't really give us much information. Yes we know that Tarvek and Gil knew each other, but that's about it. We already knew that Gil grew up on the ship at the bottom of the pecking order. Assuming the story about his father being a deceased minor spark is as fabricated as Tarvek believes, then we might as well have learned nothing at all.

Yeah, but the problem with this flashback is it doesn't really give us much information. Yes we know that Tarvek and Gil knew each other, but that's about it. We already knew that Gil grew up on the ship at the bottom of the pecking order. Assuming the story about his father being a deceased minor spark is as fabricated as Tarvek believes, then we might as well have learned nothing at all.

I think we learned a lot. We learned that Tarvek and Gil were friends when they were kids. We know that all the kids were spying on the Baron and that Tarvek was the only one who got sent home. We also learned that for some reason after the Baron talked to Gil he seemed distant and angry towards Tarvek. Granted that leaves many open questions like what exactly did the Baron tell Gil? Now if the Baron did fill Gil's head with lies or at least opinions of Tarvek than that gives a bit of insight into there past. And the more we know about their past the better we can understand their current hatred towards one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.