Export thread

Among Us (Saturdays at 9pm EST!)

Limit: 500

Dei

Dei

This game is really fun, and it's best played with 10 players. Get it on Steam for $5, or play it for free on mobile with very short ads between games (or pay to remove ads). Since I know everyone probably has at least a smart phone, there's really no barrier to entry if you want to join us. Let's try to do this next weekend? Or maybe this Sunday since Monday is Labor Day in the US.

Cobra_Royality

Cobra_Royality

Among us > push the button
May not be able to play Sunday but I can do next weekend

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Played this tonight with Snuff, Cobra, Anna, Gas and Terrik, and it was really easy to learn and super fun!

(as usual, Gas was the Imposter more times than the statistical average would imply).

It's only $5.00 on steam. If people want to play, but $5.00 means a lot to them at the moment, I'm willing to donate some gifts. Shoot me a private message.

Dei

Dei

(Posting this while it's still processing so I can go to bed)
Here's a video of us playing tonight.

Terrik

Terrik

4:55-5:05 for ultimate betrayal

Far

Far

Bought it a bit back but have yet to actually play. Will keep my eye out if you all happen to be at it again.

Dei

Dei

4:55-5:05 for ultimate betrayal
I think it's really fun to watch faces in this video, because it's just great.

Dei

Dei

Thinking about making Saturday an Among Us night, any thoughts? It seemed to work out impromptu for this week at least.

Far

Far

Time works for me though I'll need to bow out for next weekend as I'll be away.

GasBandit

GasBandit

We really need to get you a dynamic compressor for your audio feeds :p

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

My input is usually pretty low, because I have to make sure my tinwhistle doesn't lip in facebook videos. I use a compressor with post processing gain on OBS in order to help bring everything into line. I didn't realize how quiet my voice was without gain and compression until I saw this clip.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Whenever I make a video I always run the audio through a dynamic compressor, with the presets set to popmaster.
It makes the quiet parts loud and the loud parts quiet.

Dei

Dei

My actual problem right off the bat is that I need to audio balance in OBS.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Whenever I make a video I always run the audio through a dynamic compressor, with the presets set to popmaster.
It makes the quiet parts loud and the loud parts quiet.
If you ever wanna help me/give me pointers on how to set up OBS so that my loud ass musical instruments sound nice while my voice is still audible, I'd be happy for the help ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

I don’t know as anyone wants to listen to your ass instruments, no matter what their volume.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

If you ever wanna help me/give me pointers on how to set up OBS so that my loud ass musical instruments sound nice while my voice is still audible, I'd be happy for the help ;)
Ehhhhh for music, you want to be careful how much compression you use, because it will make music sound like shit. Compression with makeup gain is how music CDs got "ruined" 20 years or so ago, they used it to make everything as "loud" as possible, and in the process removed all the dynamic range from the recordings, which makes them sound bad.

However, compression is a GODSEND for voice. It makes quiet talkers louder, and loud talkers quieter, all automatically, in real time.

To accomplish voice compression, do the following (you can probably do a less aggressive version of this for your whistles):

Hit the cogwheel next to your audio source (mic, or audio output capture, or whatever), then click "filters." Click the + icon in the lower left to add a filter, and choose compressor.
Turn Ratio ALL THE WAY UP.
Turn Threshold, Attack, and Release ALL THE WAY DOWN.
Set sidechain/ducking to none.
Then, while making sound of a typical noise level, adjust "Output gain" up and down (probably upward to a degree), while watching the meters on OBS. You want the sound to peak at the lower end of the yellow part of the bars.

Once you have it set where you want, make a test recording, keeping an eye on that meter. The sound should always go to the lower end of the yellow, no matter how loud or quiet you are.
If you're in a noisy room, you might also want to add (and play around with) a noise suppression filter.

BUT FOR INSTRUMENTS:
You're going to want MUCH less aggressive settings. Go way easier on both the ratio and the output gain. You want to be able to have some dynamic range. You'll have to play around with it some to see what sounds best.

Here's a visual model of what compression does:

1599517471382.png

A 1:1 ratio is the same as not using a compressor at all... quiet things are quiet, loud things are loud. You set your threshold as the "pivot point" for when something starts not being as loud, and then tune the ratio to say "how much quieter should it be than it really is." The lower the threshold, the more the pivot point moves to the left, and the earlier the "quietening" starts to happen. Attack time is "how quick the filter kicks in when the threshold is met," which should always be as fast as possible, and "release time" is the delay on how long after the input sound goes below the threshold level that it turns off, which you also want to be as low as possible.

So, that's how you make loud things quiet. To make loud things quiet AND quiet things loud, you have to first, compress everything to stupid quiet (hence setting the threshold down to stupid low levels) and then "make up" the attenuation by applying output gain (sometimes actually called Make-Up Gain in other audio equipment). That flattens out the sound, keeping everything at the same level, no matter how loud or quiet it started out as. But Dynamic Range (what this method of compression removes) is a GOOD thing for music, and matters less for non-sung vocals. So you can still eliminate clipping using a compressor, but be much more gentle with it... set threshold MUCH higher, and your makeup gain MUCH lower. Toy with it, and make test recordings, until you get a good balance of "doesn't clip" but still "doesn't sound fuzzy."

GasBandit

GasBandit

Boy, I didn't mean to co-opt this thread into "Gas Teaches Audio Filtering," but here we are.
Attached are samples of what compression can do for voice, and how those same settings destroy music.

Attachments

GasBandit

GasBandit

Of course, if you're using Adobe Audition or Adobe Premiere to edit your sound/video, it's even easier, and works even better, because they have Multiband Compressors with handy presets. As I said before, I like to use the Pop Master preset.
1599519085653.png

This applies different levels of compression below 120, between 120 and 2000, Between 2000 and 10000, and above 10000 hz. This, I find, makes for a nice balance between making voice chatter louder and more understandable, while not ruining music audio.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Hit the cogwheel next to your audio source (mic, or audio output capture, or whatever), then click "filters." Click the + icon in the lower left to add a filter, and choose compressor.
Turn Ratio ALL THE WAY UP.
Turn Threshold, Attack, and Release ALL THE WAY DOWN.
Set sidechain/ducking to none.
Then, while making sound of a typical noise level, adjust "Output gain" up and down (probably upward to a degree), while watching the meters on OBS. You want the sound to peak at the lower end of the yellow part of the bars.
There's not much dynamic range with a whistle, except that the 2nd octave is considerably louder than the first (because you have to blow harder to make it happen). I was trying to find a way to do Facebook Live and have people hear my voice when I talked, but not clip the whistle when I played.

This is pretty much what I settled on in my experimentation. I just thought there might be a more subtle way. But even at these settings, I have to turn the mic volume down until the 2nd octave stops hitting the red. on FB Live It's fine, but on streaming nights, the low mic volume is clearly a problem. I'll just have to remember to turn it up before Jackbox nights.

GasBandit

GasBandit

on FB Live It's fine, but on streaming nights, it's clearly a problem.
Well, it wouldn't be, if the person doing the stream would use compression on their end ;)

Dei

Dei

Well, it wouldn't be, if the person doing the stream would use compression on their end ;)
It's seriously more that my mic volume is set way higher in OBS than the incoming audio volume is.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It's seriously more that my mic volume is set way higher in OBS than the incoming audio volume is.
My whole point is that compression makes it so you don't have to worry about volume settings at all. You can even set your mic as the ducking/side chain source, and it'll lower the incoming audio when you talk.

Dei

Dei

My whole point is that compression makes it so you don't have to worry about volume settings at all. You can even set your mic as the ducking/side chain source, and it'll lower the incoming audio when you talk.
I don't care enough because I rarely actually bother to make videos.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Does OBS allow presets? Like, can you make a voice button and a music button and switch between them? Or do you have to dial the settings in anew each and every time you switch?

—Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I could make two separate audio input channels and swap between them, I believe. Though I never thought of it.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

By the way, to get back to the game.

I was asking Anna about this very thing the last game. Looks like someone else had my same brilliant idea to hide behind another player.

Dei

Dei

1599844651518.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

Thanks to your performance last week, you know we are going to have to vote you out first every single round, right?

Dei

Dei

Thanks to your performance last week, you know we are going to have to vote you out first every single round, right?
Except you are still statistically more likely to be the imposter. :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Except you are still statistically more likely to be the imposter. :p
Well, second, then :p Or if we start getting 7 people and have 2-impostor games...

Dei

Dei

Cobra_Royality

Cobra_Royality

Idk how to feel now that my betrayal is a new meme. Must be how Ceasar felt

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

Might want to use the beta version of Among Us on Steam. If you don't know how to do that, let us know. It might patch to live today though.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Patched to the beta. Hopefully this addresses the connection issues we had last week.

drifter

drifter

I can play with you all using iOS, is that correct?

GasBandit

GasBandit

I can play with you all using iOS, is that correct?
I believe so, but the mobile app version has ads....
Edit: I might be wrong. It might be Android/steam only.

Dei

Dei

You can pay to remove them, like $2, but the ads are also short.

The issue is that if the beta branch doesn't go live by tonight, I don't think iOS has access to the beta branch? Not sure. All it really means though is that someone not using the beta branch would have to make rooms. They are cross compatible, but the non-beta can't put in room codes larger than 4 letters.

Dei

Dei

It do be like that sometimes.

Post automatically merged:

Edit: I might be wrong. It might be Android/steam only.
I have the links to both Android and iOS apps in the first post. :/

Dei

Dei

Grabbed some stuff from the first half of the stream. I think I had some video compression issues, but I won't be sure until the HD version is done processing. Maybe tomorrow I'll try again with the second half of our play session.

(And I keep everything unlisted because it's just for fun and I'm still fucking with things, I do not need another multi post tutorial, tks :p)

Shawn

Shawn

Does the game mute mics on Discord as well when players are not supposed to communicate?

Dei

Dei

Does the game mute mics on Discord as well when players are not supposed to communicate?
No, we just agree to not to talk or look at video chat. I have a hotkey and deafen everything so I can still talk to my recording though.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

Cobra_Royality

Cobra_Royality

Cizzorz was me, toast was anna. I know his reaction at the end too well

Shawn

Shawn

Looks like fun. Might join you guys at some point.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Dei

Dei

I'm reuploading a less horrifically compressed version of the last video.

Dei

Dei

Cizzorz was me, toast was anna. I know his reaction at the end too well
But Cizzorz lived!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Shawn

Shawn

Does it tell you if the person was an impostor or not when you eject them? Seems like it would be more fun and better for the impostors if it didn't.

Far

Far

You can set whether it does or not.

Dei

Dei

Does it tell you if the person was an impostor or not when you eject them? Seems like it would be more fun and better for the impostors if it didn't.
We've always been 1 short of having 2 imposters so it hasn't mattered. That's why we need more to play!

Shawn

Shawn

We've always been 1 short of having 2 imposters so it hasn't mattered. That's why we need more to play!
I have Hailey with me this weekend. If she wants to play games for a bit in the evening I may jump on for a game or two. Otherwise I'll try for the following Saturday.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

Pot/kettle there, sir. :p

BErt

BErt

C7E77161-D78F-486C-BB37-4ADA8CDF0962.jpeg

Cobra_Royality

Cobra_Royality

Bubble181

Bubble181

I genuinely get the two confused. I mean, they're both deliberately-crappily-drawn games with coopoeration-with-a-traitor stuff and they came out roughly around the same time, no? One is more "Castle Takeshi" style and the other more intra-group, but, I couldn't tell you which is which.

I may be getting old.

Dei

Dei

Here it is, the best thing I will make this week.

Amongsplashinprogress.jpg

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Shawn

Shawn

I was the imposter my very first three games of Among Us.

Dei

Dei

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

As a victim of @#$% key machines for too many years, it's not you.

BErt

BErt

B29FEBDA-DC67-441E-847C-98EE7F6D1A05.jpeg40A9E9CC-12F0-4429-BF72-BAD53929FF80.jpeg

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

Someone needs to do a "dumb ways to die" reboot with Among Us.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Someone needs to do a "dumb ways to die" reboot with Among Us.

--Patrick
It'd just be one lyric:

"Go anywhere with less than 4 people"

Dei

Dei

It'd just be one lyric:

"Go anywhere with less than 4 people"
5 really. 4 can still get you double killed by two imposters.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Among Us stole the spotlight from Fall Guys.png

Dei

Dei

Here is #1 of the 2 most frustrating losses we had in Among Us on Saturday. Please learn from these tragedies.

Dei

Dei

And here's #2

Dei

Dei

Also a video about how bad Ninja is at Among Us.

GasBandit

GasBandit

1600732355722.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

This is the card swipe clip I should have *actually* used.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

1600790774374.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

However, seeing how many people are enjoying Among Us 1 really makes us want to be able to support the game and take it to the next level. We have decided to cancel Among Us 2 and instead put all our focus into improving Among Us 1. All of the content we had planned for Among Us 2 will instead go into Among Us 1. This is probably the more difficult choice because it means going deep into the core code of the game and reworking several parts of it. We have lots of things planned and we’re excited to bring new content to everyone as you continue to enjoy playing!

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

I feel cheated there was no “Loss” in there.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

One of my favorite things about the big Among Us trend is how many of my online fandoms are colliding since games want 10 people.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Cobra_Royality

Cobra_Royality

I saw this and now you all must

Attachments

Shawn

Shawn

I have two additional potential players for tomorrow. Do we need one or both?

Far

Far

I'll need to bow out again this weekend as I think if I play anything in the middle of prepping for this move my girlfriend would ensure my next is into the morgue.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I have two additional potential players for tomorrow. Do we need one or both?
The more the merrier. 10 is maximum.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Shawn

Shawn

Saw it coming, but it was worth it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

figmentPez

figmentPez

PatrThom

PatrThom

:mad::mad::mad:

EDIT for @GasBandit and others: It's a link to an actual industrial "pallet cleanser."

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

We're still doing this tonight.

BErt

BErt

Dei

Dei

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

I started editing a video, and it ended up being 43 minutes long, and now it's 2:30am, so FML lol.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I started editing a video, and it ended up being 43 minutes long, and now it's 2:30am, so FML lol.
Oh man, have I ever been there.

GasBandit

GasBandit

1601215728094.png

PatrThom

PatrThom

Looks like a lot of somebodies are gearing up to go through that vent.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

I cut my video down to 30 min, and it will be here when it is ready.

Dei

Dei

Anyways, it's up now.

GasBandit

GasBandit

1601273965865.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

1601428318441.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

Dei

Dei

This is the imposter game that had me the most frustrated.

GasBandit

GasBandit

This is the imposter game that had me the most frustrated.
I knew this was coming, heh.

Dei

Dei

I knew this was coming, heh.
I'm annoyed at you, but I'm most salty that I lost because people didn't know how the seismic worked.

Dei

Dei

GasBandit

GasBandit

1601519317053.png

Dei

Dei

Apparently my daughter's class bullied their bio teacher into playing Among Us after class today and she called him out as the murderer and he killed her and won lol.
(Our entire P/T conference has devolved into talking about Among Us)

Dei

Dei

This might be an amusing way to play to keep us from getting stuck in the same accusation pattern lol.

GasBandit

GasBandit

1601680474590.png

Celt Z

Celt Z

DON'T STEAL MY LOOK

I will cut a bitch

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

It is almost time for the weekly betrayal!

Celt Z

Celt Z

Terrik

Terrik

betrayed.jpg

Dei

Dei

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei: "I sure hope Gas knows we need to keep Celt Z alive as a patsy."
Dei: *kills snuffles RIGHT IN FRONT OF CELT Z* (meaning either Gas has to kill Celt Z or Celt Z will report the whole thing)
Gas: *kills Celt Z, tries to blame cobra who was passing by and about to discover the bodies*
Everyone:*votes off GasBandit*
Celt Z: HAET GABSANTID 5-EVAR

Dei

Dei

Dei: "I sure hope Gas knows we need to keep Celt Z alive as a patsy."
Dei: *kills snuffles RIGHT IN FRONT OF CELT Z* (meaning either Gas has to kill Celt Z or Celt Z will report the whole thing)
Gas: *kills Celt Z, tries to blame cobra who was passing by and about to discover the bodies*
Everyone:*votes off GasBandit*
Celt Z: HAET GABSANTID 5-EVAR
Look, I wanted them to vote Cobra.

I also bet that Cobra would have missed the bodies if you didn't panic report.

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

1601794370311.png

Dei

Dei

1601794809712.png

Shawn

Shawn

Rule of thumb: If Anna is dead then it was Terrik. If Terrik is innocent and you are the imposter it is DEFINATELY still Terrik.

Shawn

Shawn

So far the tells that I've noticed or have been discussed by the group.

Me: I laugh when I've been accused.
Terrik: Get's really really passionate about pointing out an imposter if he's innocent. Stays super calm when it's him.
Cobra: Immediately accuses the first person who accuses him and has very non-serious tone in voice. Though it also turns out he's bad at telling the truth too.
Razalon: "I was doing stuff"

Cobra_Royality

Cobra_Royality

Look, I wanted them to vote Cobra.

I also bet that Cobra would have missed the bodies if you didn't panic report.
I would have because lights were off i think

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also something I said in dead guy chat last night:

It was obvious that the imposters were Cobra and Celt Z, and they were doing a terrible job of covering it up...
"If we're ever really in a zombie apocalypse, I want to team up with Cobra and Celt Z because they'll never be able to convincingly hide a bite."

Celt Z

Celt Z

Same, except I know I can outrun you, and now I WON'T FEEL GUILTY LEAVING YOU BEHIND.

I'd help Cobra. Cobra didn't betray me.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Same, except I know I can outrun you, and now I WON'T FEEL GUILTY LEAVING YOU BEHIND.

I'd help Cobra. Cobra didn't betray me.
Your memory apparently only goes back one week XD

GasBandit

GasBandit

Showing the EU lag from my perspective, where Cobra kills me in what looks to be a group of 4 people, and then when terrik appears on the vent when in reality he apparently never came out of the vent.

Dei

Dei

I would have because lights were off i think
I don't think the lights were off, but your trajectory was zooming straight past comms and I don't think you even saw in to the room.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Your memory apparently only goes back one week XD
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of your BETRAYAL.

Incidentally, both my husband and my son are laughing at my pain. Mr. Z watched Dei's video and said, "I like how Gas knew he was in the doghouse.".

The men in my life suck. I'm running away from home with the dog.

Dei

Dei

I mean, @Celt Z killed Gas first every single time she was imposter until we told her it made her the first suspect, so I really wouldn't feel too bad about it. :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't think the lights were off, but your trajectory was zooming straight past comms and I don't think you even saw in to the room.
Maybe it was lag, but things looked different to me. The lights were on, and Celt Z's body was dangerously close to the door. If I'd been thinking straight, I would have just sabotaged the door shut.

Dei

Dei

Maybe it was lag, but things looked different to me. The lights were on, and Celt Z's body was dangerously close to the door. If I'd been thinking straight, I would have just sabotaged the door shut.
Nah, that would have been worse. Cobra is self admittedly pretty blind if the corpse isn't right under his feet.

Dei

Dei

Also, I think it was also part guilt.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also, I think it was also part guilt.
Probably a contributing factor.

Dei

Dei

Probably a contributing factor.
Also, that was not the first time of the night you killed Keltsey in cold blood.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also, that was not the first time of the night you killed Keltsey in cold blood.

No, but the first time I at least had a "she killed me last week" debt to call in. And I killed her right away without lulling her into a false sense of security for 10 minutes.

Dei

Dei

No, but the first time I at least had a "she killed me last week" debt to call in. And I killed her right away without lulling her into a false sense of security for 10 minutes.
I have a clip of an even more terrible betrayal coming soon.

Dei

Dei

GasBandit

GasBandit

I have a clip of an even more terrible betrayal coming soon.
When I said that, I actually was worried it was her and she was using ME as an alibi, because she did fall behind and out of my sight during the exact timeframe that the murder happened.
Obviously it became apparent later it was not her.

Edit - here was the part in question from my perspective. It really did look to me like Celt Z broke off from me during the Oxygen emergency.

Dei

Dei

In which I totally would have seen Cobra kill Keltsey if I wasn't fixated on going to push the button.

Also a good way to see what I mean by medscan clearing.
(Also @Cobra_Royality fucked himself here by leaving lights before they were actually fixed because he had improved vision)

Dei

Dei

When I said that, I actually was worried it was her and she was using ME as an alibi, because she did fall behind and out of my sight during the exact timeframe that the murder happened.
Obviously it became apparent later it was not her.

Edit - here was the part in question from my perspective. It really did look to me like Celt Z broke off from me during the Oxygen emergency.

But Ash was alive that entire time, and Keltsey went in the opposite direction.

GasBandit

GasBandit

But Ash was alive that entire time, and Keltsey went in the opposite direction.
I forgot who was who, at the time, because I was in turmoil about what - if anything - to do about my Celt Z suspicions.

When you have the luxury of re-watching the video later, yeah, it's obvious, but in the tension of the moment it's harder to keep the order of events straight in my head.

Dei

Dei

I forgot who was who, at the time, because I was in turmoil about what - if anything - to do about my Celt Z suspicions.

When you have the luxury of re-watching the video later, yeah, it's obvious, but in the tension of the moment it's harder to keep the order of events straight in my head.
What killed me here is Terrik was literally standing next to Cobra in the log room, and seemed to totally forget that happened.

I've started attempting to make it a habit to recite who was alive in the last room I was in in my head so if something happens I'll remember, but it doesn't always stick.

Dirona

Dirona

I have acquired Among Us. And gifted a copy to @Eriol

Neither of us have played before, so don't expect much!

Dei

Dei

I have acquired Among Us. And gifted a copy to @Eriol

Neither of us have played before, so don't expect much!
If you want to try to figure out controls and how tasks work, there is an single player freeplay mode available. :)

Dirona

Dirona

If you want to try to figure out controls and how tasks work, there is an single player freeplay mode available. :)
That is an excellent suggestion!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, since I'm back home tonight unexpectedly, I went ahead and did the legwork to transfer over my streaming setup to my windows 10 install....

So Among Us won't have windows 7 to blame for its shitty programming any more, in our game nights :p

Celt Z

Celt Z

GasBandit

GasBandit

"Really? Shia Labeouf?" ;)

Celt Z

Celt Z

"Really? Shia Labeouf?" ;)

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

"Really? Shia Labeouf Bob Pancakes?" ;)
Fixed. :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

figmentPez

figmentPez

Celt Z

Celt Z

Is it Saturday? Time for BETRAYAL!

SatAmongUsNight.jpg

GasBandit

GasBandit

1602356872771.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

1602356910625.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

I might be a few minutes late tonight, but I will be there.

Dei

Dei

GasBandit

GasBandit

I think Cobra mostly managed to redeem himself tonight, in the post-Among-Us game of Codenames.

PatrThom

PatrThom

amongvus.jpg

Wouldn't this just be Spy VS Spy?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Our son has been playing this a lot and we all downloaded it as his request. The only game speak I know is: so and so is sus so I said it each round as I killed them. It was hilarious.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

We'd all murder each other before we left the lobby.

Celt Z

Celt Z

For @Dei :

Also -

Celt Z

Celt Z

Cobra_Royality

Cobra_Royality

I think Cobra mostly managed to redeem himself tonight, in the post-Among-Us game of Codenames.
I tried my best to go 6-0 but 5-1 is still good.

Dei

Dei

1602566111316.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

1602638303263.png

Dei

Dei

1602774045391.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

1602803468909.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

1602814321475.png

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Celt Z

Celt Z

Proof that I said it was Terrik from the start.

GasBandit

GasBandit

1603033654165.png

Celt Z

Celt Z

I need to rethink those outside night tasks...

sneaky_sm.jpg

And with the walkway lights

sneakylights_sm.jpg

GasBandit

GasBandit

Saavy HFers will recognize the music.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Queued to the appropriate point

Celt Z

Celt Z

I understand that "...why?".

GasBandit

GasBandit

I understand that "...why?".
1603156060675.png

Shawn

Shawn

I've been playing with random people. Every attempt is a crap shoot on if its worth it or not. Usually no.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I've been playing with random people. Every attempt is a crap shoot on if its worth it or not. Usually no.
Sounds kinda suk.

—Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

Shawn

Shawn

Sounds kinda suk.

—Patrick
I mean it's entertainment enough cause they are short sessions. But the problems that I find is...
1) Works better with 1 imposter because text chat when there are 2 imposters is just chaos.
2) BEING the one imposter is challenging because usually the kill cooldown is too high and the tasks per crewmate is too low, so the crewmates win just because you can't possibly kill enough of them in time. I've also run into situations where I was guaranteed an imposter win because it was down to three people, but then I couldn't call a reactor emergency before they could call an emergency meeting.
3) A lot of people just drop game because they didn't get the role they wanted or for whatever silly reason.
4) Some people are just there to mess with everyone else. The number of times we begin a game and someone calls an emergency meeting ASAP just to accuse someone of "being sus" is ridiculous.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

AOC is sus. :D

(She was sighted playing on a Twitch stream tonight.)

jwhouk

jwhouk

No, Orange is sus. Vote 'im out.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Mr. Z was watching her stream last night:

Mr. Z: "AOC is playing Among Us right now, if you're interested."
Celt Z: "I heard she was going to. But I don't want to kill her! I'd feel terrible!"
MZ: "I think she's the Imposter right now."
CZ:"...well, now I'm conflicted."

Celt Z

Celt Z

Started working on our own personalized Crewmates. I have model sheets for almost all of us, although I haven't finished Eriol, Dirona, and Ash yet. Basically so I can do shit like this:

GasDilemma_sm.jpg

TerrikBlame_sm.jpg

Dei

Dei

I'm usually red or yellow though :D

Shawn

Shawn

Started working on our own personalized Crewmates. I have model sheets for almost all of us, although I haven't finished Eriol, Dirona, and Ash yet. Basically so I can do shit like this:

View attachment 35896

View attachment 35897
Cause it's always me.

Dei

Dei

Cause it's always me.
True for the first three games of the night :D

(Also, Terrik has only been imposter once in the last two weeks, so it's fair lol)

Cobra_Royality

Cobra_Royality

View attachment 35896

View attachment 35897
I need my crew version of me as a profile picture. I love it

Celt Z

Celt Z

I'm usually red or yellow though :D
Ya gotta be difficult, huh?! :p

Maybe I can switch it to yellow, although you were Black last week!

Shawn

Shawn

True for the first three games of the night :D

(Also, Terrik has only been imposter once in the last two weeks, so it's fair lol)
lol Why did it make me Imposter my very first three games in a row? How the hell do you successfully lie about tasks you've never even done before?

Celt Z

Celt Z

lol Why did it make me Imposter my very first three games in a row? How the hell do you successfully lie about tasks you've never even done before?
Maybe the game sees your name is "Dr" and assumes you must be very clever.

Boy, would it be wrong about this group.

Dei

Dei

This made me laugh.

Shawn

Shawn

Maybe the game sees your name is "Dr" and assumes you must be very clever.

Boy, would it be wrong about this group.
Dr. is just my first name.

jwhouk

jwhouk

You know, I know this lady who's got the same issue...

Celt Z

Celt Z

You know, I know this lady who's got the same issue...
That her first name is "Doctor", or she's always murdering people??

Shawn

Shawn

That her first name is "Doctor", or she's always murdering people??
Hopefully both! Twinsies!

Celt Z

Celt Z

Everybody's character models, if you're interested:

@Dei
annamate.jpg

@GasBandit
gasmate.jpg

@Terrik
terrikmate.jpg

@Cobra_Royality
cobramate.jpg
@Shawnacy
drsusmate.jpg

Celt Z

Celt Z

Few more!

@Dirona (I tried to make a little cleric)
dironamate.jpg

@Eriol
eriolmate.jpg

@AshburnerX
ashmate.jpg

and yours truly
keltseymate.jpg

Dei

Dei

I could have lived my whole life without seeing the backside of Terrik's model.

Celt Z

Celt Z

All the more reason to make it!

PatrThom

PatrThom

No, Orange is sus. Vote 'im out.
I hope someone has already done it, but I haven't seen it yet: I want a billboard of the red crewman but with a trump hairdo (and very tiny hands) captioned "Red be acting kinda sus."

--Patrick

Shawn

Shawn

And now we know what Terrik needs to use for an avatar.

GasBandit

GasBandit

So... do I switch to the brown imposter, or stick with JigglyBandit?

Celt Z

Celt Z

Personally, I'd stick with Jigglybandit, but I have no doubt you will find a use for your Crewmate.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Gas' crewmate reminds me of Durkon.

EDIT: I will refer to it from now on as "@DurkBandit."

--Patrick

Terrik

Terrik

Terrik

Terrik

Few more!
Ashburner's model is pure genius.

Dei

Dei

o2sneak.png

Celt Z

Celt Z

While I honestly enjoyed making all of these, TushyTerrik might be my favorite. I couldn't stop giggling while I worked on it, especially the butt highlights.

Dirona's drove me nuts because it's so @#$$%$# hard to make outfits with no arms! Also Eriol's, because a tiny shirt with "I Kill My Wife" was too small to be legible.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Ashburner's model is pure genius.
@PatrThom - There was a game where Ashburner was voted off as the Impostor (incorrectly, if I recall), and before he died, his final words before his betrayal were, "There's a snake in the grass, and it's name is Cobra!".

A pretty damn good epitaph, if you ask me.

Dirona

Dirona

While I honestly enjoyed making all of these, TushyTerrik might be my favorite. I couldn't stop giggling while I worked on it, especially the butt highlights.

Dirona's drove me nuts because it's so @#$$%$# hard to make outfits with no arms! Also Eriol's, because a tiny shirt with "I Kill My Wife" was too small to be legible.
I love it. And I think it needs a halo!

Dei

Dei

@PatrThom - There was a game where Ashburner was voted off as the Impostor (incorrectly, if I recall), and before he died, his final words before his betrayal were, "There's a snake in the grass, and it's name is Cobra!".

A pretty damn good epitaph, if you ask me.
Also, to be clear, his dying words were also wrong. :D

Celt Z

Celt Z

I love it. And I think it needs a halo!
Can do!

Dei

Dei

Also Among Us people, I recommend also buying Town of Salem which is the same concept, but it's the video game version of a tabletop game. It's current $3.74 on Steam. (Much like Among Us though, playing with randos is not the best)

Celt Z

Celt Z

Update for @Dirona
dironamate.jpg

#Justice4Ash

justice4Ash.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

*Cobraaaaaaaaa

--Patrick

Dirona

Dirona

Snuffleupagus

Snuffleupagus

download_20201022_140842.png

Dei

Dei

Celt Z

Celt Z

Hmmmm... should have changed this to Snuffles.

HauntedGas_sm.jpg

Dei

Dei

View attachment 35916
It's too bad Emrys has shitty internet, because her playing too would be just completely traumatic for Gas.

PatrThom

PatrThom

In that last one, I can't tell if he's watching TV or just waiting for his pizza rolls to be done.

--Patrick

Shawn

Shawn

In that last one, I can't tell if he's watching TV or just waiting for his pizza rolls to be done.

--Patrick
Depends on the day.

GasBandit

GasBandit

View attachment 35916
I don't think I can pair up with you anymore.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I don't think I can pair up with you anymore.
That's okay, I can handle rejection.

rejection.jpg

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also I feel like I have to quote this :D

...I'm sorry, WHY am I a leprechaun???

Celt Z

Celt Z

THEY WON'T BE AFTER ME LUCKY CHARMS ANYMORE!

GasBandit

GasBandit

THEY WON'T BE AFTER ME LUCKY CHARMS ANYMORE!
Just your marshmallow bits.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Oh, well, who could blame them then?

Dei

Dei

1603403020815.png

Dei

Dei

Here @Snuffleupagus I made you some crewmate images lol. I also gave you a different imposter pose. :p

SnufflesCrew.png

Dei

Dei

Oh, also @Eriol the beta build shows hats and skins in meetings.

Dei

Dei

votingpsa.png

PatrThom

PatrThom

I apparently caught you while you were re-editing the post.

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

Happymarriage_sm.jpg

If I had the time and patience to animate these days, I would have ended it with

GasBandit

GasBandit

The kids these days would have ended it 1 panel earlier with a "to be continued" arrow and Roundabout by Yes.

Dei

Dei

The kids these days would have ended it 1 panel earlier with a "to be continued" arrow and Roundabout by Yes.
If by kids these days you mean like 2 years ago.

GasBandit

GasBandit

If by kids these days you mean like 2 years ago.
Not that JoJo's not still going strong, but now that you mention it I have seen quite a bit more of the "we'll be right back" meme lately

Dei

Dei

See, if living with teenagers has done one thing for me, it's that I am painfully aware of when things are not in style because I am brutally corrected.

Dei

Dei

Also my daughter said you can't talk about JoJo because you're a filthy part skipping enabler.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also my daughter said you can't talk about JoJo because you're a filthy part skipping enabler.
Tell your daughter I was current on Jojo before she was born, so she can peddle her wares elsewhere.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Now, now, you're BOTH old and unhip.

And according to my son, who is Gen-I-don't-fucking-know-at-this-point, he'd choose the song because he knows it from Lego Batman.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Now, now, you're BOTH old and unhip.

And according to my son, who is Gen-I-don't-fucking-know-at-this-point, he'd choose the song because he knows it from Lego Batman.
Pfft, Mass Media doesn't count.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Ok, boomer.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

And ignoring the existence of Generation X. Are you trying to prove me right? ;)

Dei

Dei

And ignoring the existence of Generation X. Are you trying to prove me right? ;)
1603492362878.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

Everybody ignores Generation X.

Dei

Dei

Download the beta for this week.

Shawn

Shawn

Is there a link for that?

Dei

Dei

Is there a link for that?
If you have it on Steam, just right click the game, go to properties, and opt in.

GasBandit

GasBandit

the five horsemen of the apocalypse.

1603570336462.png

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I keep thinking of buying this game and seeing about joining in, but I don't know if I should.

Dirona

Dirona

I keep thinking of buying this game and seeing about joining in, but I don't know if I should.
Do IT!!!

Dei

Dei

PoorDirona.png

Dei

Dei

Shawn

Shawn

Anna got away with killing Gas between two witnesses for three meetings. Allowed for the extra time to start picking people off.

Dei

Dei

Anna got away with killing Gas between two witnesses for three meetings. Allowed for the extra time to start picking people off.
And they literally never sussed you lol.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I wasn't imposter once the entire night.

But I got ejected into space more than I got killed by imposters.

By the time I started pairing off with Celt Z again, even that couldn't save me.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I wasn't imposter once the entire night.
But I got ejected into space more than I got killed by imposters.
By the time I started pairing off with Celt Z again, even that couldn't save me.
If it walks like an imposter and talks like an imposter often enough...

—Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

Except I wasn't the impostor last night, either. But I certainly got blamed for it! :p

Dirona

Dirona

Grumbles in ghost.

Dei

Dei

(Sorry my sound is off on these, Discord and Among Us were going to the same sound channel last night, and the compressor tried to balance them together, and I can't fix it on Twitch clips)

GasBandit

GasBandit

...Does anyone actually have time to do that during play??

Dei

Dei

...Does anyone actually have time to do that during play??
I mean, you can fill in what you remember during meetings. :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

I mean, you can fill in what you remember during meetings. :p
There still doesn't seem to be enough time for that, even, especially given how our meetings usually go.

Dei

Dei

There still doesn't seem to be enough time for that, even, especially given how our meetings usually go.
You just need to get better at multitasking.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You just need to get better at multitasking.
It's been my experience that the instant I stop moving and/or look away from the game is the instant I get stabbed, or ditched by whoever I'm paired up with, which then either leads to me being stabbed or accused of "Gas Ditched me! He must be the imposter!" So I can't stop playing for a single fucking millisecond to drag a character around in a list.

Dei

Dei

It's been my experience that the instant I stop moving and/or look away from the game is the instant I get stabbed, or ditched by whoever I'm paired up with, which then either leads to me being stabbed or accused of "Gas Ditched me! He must be the imposter!" So I can't stop playing for a single fucking millisecond to drag a character around in a list.
What does that have to do with meetings.

GasBandit

GasBandit

What does that have to do with meetings.
Meetings are no better. If you stop to journal everything that happened before the meeting during the meeting, you miss out on incriminating statements that are happening while you're not paying attention. That already happens constantly without the side distraction. Imagine how even more of a shit show last night would have been if half of everybody stopped to diagram what they remembered at the start of every meeting. There'd be no votes other than panicked, last second bandwagoning.

Dei

Dei

Meetings are no better. If you stop to journal everything that happened before the meeting during the meeting, you miss out on incriminating statements that are happening while you're not paying attention. That already happens constantly without the side distraction. Imagine how even more of a shit show last night would have been if half of everybody stopped to diagram what they remembered at the start of every meeting. There'd be no votes other than panicked, last second bandwagoning.
You were a terrible note taker in school is my take away here.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You were a terrible note taker in school is my take away here.
I wasn't expected to be tracking the movements of 9 of my classmates over the course of the day while accounting for all of my own in a class that lasts 90 seconds.

Dei

Dei

Taking notes about what people say in a 90 second meeting is really not that intense. But you don't have to use it, I was sharing it for people who might like it.

Shawn

Shawn

How do you add “Anna is sus” as a permanent note for all games?

Dei

Dei

How do you add “Anna is sus” as a permanent note for all games?
The same way we add Shawn is sus.

Dei

Dei

Hide and Seek

GasBandit

GasBandit

1603845216247.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

BErt

BErt

You guys got room for 2 more in the regular game if me and a friend show up?

Dei

Dei

You guys got room for 2 more in the regular game if me and a friend show up?
Honestly, probably not, but maybe. We can rotate around people though, and the Halifax people usually leave before others depending on how late you want to stay up.

BErt

BErt

I mean, that’s probably a good enough answer lol. We’ve been trying to cobble enough together to form a private game because public rooms are the devil.

I linked him to the forum, hopefully he joins. Everybody be nice and put some pants on, he’s one of my very few friends that i’ve known longer than y’all nerds :p

Shawn

Shawn

I might be able to do a few games to start but I have an early work shift on Saturday.

Dei

Dei

We're going to be missing Terrik and Cobra this week, so it's a good week to come try it out for all of you new people posting.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'll probably come in for a few rounds tonight.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't know if I'll make it tonight or not. Got family coming through town that they say they'll be here sometime "late afternoon/evening."

Celt Z

Celt Z

I'll probably come in for a few rounds tonight.
You did well last week! Sometimes I think the hardest part is getting used to people accusing you when YOU'RE ONLY DOING YOUR ASSIGNED CHORES DAMMIT... *ahem* and convincingly lying when you are the Impostor.

Snuffleupagus

Snuffleupagus

You did well last week! Sometimes I think the hardest part is getting used to people accusing you when YOU'RE ONLY DOING YOUR ASSIGNED CHORES DAMMIT... *ahem* and convincingly lying when you are the Impostor.
Maybe if you didn't act so suspicious.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

How does one join?

Celt Z

Celt Z

Download Among Us through Steam or your phone, and we usually coordinate vocally through Discord.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Okay, not gonna lie. Playing as an imposter was a lot of fun. It made me understand how the other side of the game works now, too. KIND of starting to get it now.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Soooooo.... anyone else booted from the game and Discord?

Dei

Dei

Nope, can you reconnect?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Only you :/

Celt Z

Celt Z

It won't let me. And Discord won't restart. I'll try restarting my computer.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Discord still won't let me reconnect. I may be done for the night. :(

GasBandit

GasBandit

Discord still won't let me reconnect. I may be done for the night. :(
I ended up having to go pretty soon after that, and it looks like things have wrapped up now anyway.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Lag death, that's sus.
Don't know how to operate discord, that's sus.
Voting for yourself, you better believe that's sus.

Dei

Dei

Everyone is scared to pair up with me when @Terrik isn't around, then complain that I'm walking around being sus. :oops:

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Not knowing where your tasks are....also sus it would seem.

Terrik

Terrik

Everyone is scared to pair up with me when @Terrik isn't around, then complain that I'm walking around being sus. :oops:
Finally, I am appreciated

PatrThom

PatrThom

Finally, I am appreciated
For your talents, though. Not your assets.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

The one time I paired up with you, you killed the shit out of me.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Second week in a row I have not been the imposter once. Or is it third? I've lost count.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

It loved making me the Impostor last night, until it teamed up with Discord and booted me. I feel so used!

GasBandit

GasBandit

It loved making me the Impostor last night, until it teamed up with Discord and booted me. I feel so used!
It still kills me (no pun intended) that when you and snuffles were imposter, snuffles killed me, guaranteeing you'd be voted off the very next meeting.

And then the next time you were imposter, you couldn't kill anybody because I was your shadow, but the OTHER imposter still managed to kill enough people for you to win the game by killing me last >_<

PatrThom

PatrThom

I still think there should be a variant where the imposters don't know each other.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I still think there should be a variant where the imposters don't know each other.

--Patrick
Hah, when you suggested that last night, I immediately thought of that exact comic.

Celt Z

Celt Z

It still kills me (no pun intended) that when you and snuffles were imposter, snuffles killed me, guaranteeing you'd be voted off the very next meeting.

And then the next time you were imposter, you couldn't kill anybody because I was your shadow, but the OTHER imposter still managed to kill enough people for you to win the game by killing me last >_<
Sir, that makes me a great killing partner. Everyone thinks I'm safe, so I keep the groups distracted and my partner can pick off the others. It worked great one round when Anna fell behind, I killed her, and then convinced you all to leave electrical in the opposite direction.

Still miffed Dirona and I missed the double kill. So close!

Dei

Dei

No see, this is the thing I hated the most from last night.

GasBandit

GasBandit

No see, this is the thing I hated the most from last night.

Lol @ your double kill blue balls

Dei

Dei

Lol @ your double kill blue balls
THEY WERE EVEN IN THE SAME ROOM! THEY COULD PERFECTLY COORDINATE!

Dei

Dei

I mean, that worked out because we had a new person, and everyone slept on the idea of him being the imposter. :p

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

--Patrick
The version I was playing first is like that I believe.

It had the downside of outing everyone eliminated though.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

bhamv3

bhamv3

I love these guys.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I love these guys.

Wow, that was the first ZF video where I was rooting for Cyanide and wanted to punch Soviet in the face for being stupid.

Dei

Dei

For your talents, though. Not your assets.

--Patrick
More for his ability to make me look less sus (or his ability to help me win)

GasBandit

GasBandit

... it just occurred to me. We're all wearing space suits. Why is it imperative to fix the oxygen within 30 seconds?

Dei

Dei

... it just occurred to me. We're all wearing space suits. Why is it imperative to fix the oxygen within 30 seconds?
The same reason we die when ejected into space.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Pressure goes too high, you're going to have another Apollo 1 incident on your hands.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

The same reason we die when ejected into space.
That's just because you float away forever. You don't die instantly. The oxygen does run out eventually.

Pressure goes too high, you're going to have another Apollo 1 incident on your hands.

--Patrick
Now THAT'S a hot take.

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

Now THAT'S a hot take.
Oxygen is scary.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

That's just because you float away forever. You don't die instantly. The oxygen does run out eventually.

Now THAT'S a hot take.
Then why do we turn to ghosts right away?!

Anyways, I'd also imagine that the space suits are damaged in some way.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Oxygen is scary.

--Patrick
Gotta do better than that. That could be any compressed gas cylinder fail. :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

Gotta do better than that. That could be any compressed gas cylinder fail. :p
I tried to find one specifically of a flash fire in a high-pressure oxygen environment, but YouTube was sorely lacking, and I do not possess the equipment to safely recreate those conditions on my own.

--Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

This game is harder than it looks!!!!

Dei

Dei

BTW, the beta branch got pushed to live, so there's no beta to worry about for now.

Dei

Dei

My computer got infected with something, and while Malwarebytes found it, when I went looking around I found some other questionable things that I'm not 100% sure on, so I'm nuking my hard drive. I think I'll have everything set back up by normal game time, but if I don't, that's why I'm not on.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

My computer got infected with something, and while Malwarebytes found it, when I went looking around I found some other questionable things that I'm not 100% sure on, so I'm nuking my hard drive. I think I'll have everything set back up by normal game time, but if I don't, that's why I'm not on.
Malware is sus.

GasBandit

GasBandit

What the heck have you been doing? I don't even know the last time I got infected with something.

Dei

Dei

What the heck have you been doing? I don't even know the last time I got infected with something.
I seriously have no idea. It's literally the first time I've ever gotten shit on a computer.

jwhouk

jwhouk

...daughter is sus?

Dei

Dei

...daughter is sus?
I'm sure it piggy backed on something I installed, I just need to figure out what so I don't reinstall it. I have two possible culprits.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I got a virus from the Fitbit software install on my old pc. The internet is sus :D

Dei

Dei

Also, as a reminder, if you are playing, please have your in game name match your discord name for the people who might join us who don't know us well enough.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Dad is not sus.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I was thinking of inviting a friend of mine tonight, but I don't know how many people will be joining.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Drunken redhead father daughter murder combo for the win!

Dei

Dei

Dad is not sus.
Dad is always sus, yet gets away with murder anyways.

Dei

Dei

@GasBandit this should be your new sig lol

1604984627861.png

Celt Z

Celt Z

Not that I want to make the Christmas Creep any worse, but if I knew one of you guys was my Secret Santa recipient this year...
Among Us Advent Calendar
Among-Us-Advent-Calendar.jpg

Or I'll probably get myself one, too.
X-Mas is sus.

Dei

Dei

Not that I want to make the Christmas Creep any worse, but if I knew one of you guys was my Secret Santa recipient this year...
Among Us Advent Calendar
View attachment 36185

Or I'll probably get myself one, too.
X-Mas is sus.
TBH, if you're going to buy Among Us stuff, they have their own shop, and a lot of the stuff you see around the internet is not actually licensed by them. Considering that the game is made by three guys, I don't like buying things that are made by knock off shops in this case.

Celt Z

Celt Z

TBH, if you're going to buy Among Us stuff, they have their own shop, and a lot of the stuff you see around the internet is not actually licensed by them. Considering that the game is made by three guys, I don't like buying things that are made by knock off shops in this case.
You bring up a good point. However, after perusing the offical offerings, there are some things available by the advent calendar that aren't on the offical page. Otherwise I'd happily give my $ to them, just like I did buying the game and any extras they offer along the way.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Shawn

Shawn

the hardest of truths.

Shawn

Shawn

Gas, I wish you had footage of our intense stare-down outside of coms. You were like a spider willing the fly closer.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Gas, I wish you had footage of our intense stare-down outside of coms. You were like a spider willing the fly closer.
Come here... COME HERE... I *DARE* you!

Dei

Dei

Terrik posted this to Discord, but it needs to be reposted here.

1605420485405.png

Shawn

Shawn

1605420531187.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

I still can't believe Eriol killed Dirona in front of Celt Z, so I had to kill Celt Z to keep her quiet, like you said... and then Shawn just doop de dooped right into the room and busted us.

WHY would Eriol think it was a good idea to kill both our alibis first?!

Almost as flabbergasting as Cobra fingering Shawn after getting back from afk XD

GasBandit

GasBandit

1605478537657.png

Dei

Dei

PatrThom

PatrThom

Aww, they missed out on making it an impossible staircase.

--Patrick

Shawn

Shawn

Love it. Excited for that one.

Dei

Dei

keltsyturkey.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

That's a heap big Queefle Queefle.

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

The *ONE* time Cobra wasn't totally blind, but I still killed half of the crew by proxy.

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Also, @Terrik and I have still never been imposters together. But I got partnered with @Cobra_Royality SO MANY times in the last two weeks that I think this game thinks Cobra and Terrik are the same person.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Turkey lurking.
Post automatically merged:

Also, @Terrik and I have still never been imposters together. But I got partnered with @Cobra_Royality SO MANY times in the last two weeks that I think this game thinks Cobra and Terrik are the same person.
But aren't you Terrik?

@Li3n

@Li3n

How many can you find:

Dei

Dei

I really wanted Eriol to take the lead on a double in this game, and he didn't, and I was so sad. But it all worked out I guess.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

How many can you find:

Fun! The halo was the hardest for me--took me going over the map 3 times to find it.
1606095365750.png

@Li3n

@Li3n

Nooooo.... i wanted to post the solution... :( :( :( :(

Solved_AUW.png

So there...

Using squares was a way better idea then circles, clearly, wish i had though of that.

PatrThom

PatrThom

pokemong.jpg

Choose your starting Pokémongus! Will you go with Suss, 'Ware, Fict, or Electrical?

--Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Omg I love those!!!!

Dei

Dei

SO the proximity chat mod for Among Us is in the wild, but it might be complex for some of the people playing. (though it's pretty much just downloading mumble and also placing some files.)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ugh, Mumble.

Teamspeak's paste-eating stepbrother.

Celt Z

Celt Z

That's a lot of steps. But I'm still confused what it actually does. Does it mean you can talk to another player if they're near you? So you hear someone walking or working on tasks?

GasBandit

GasBandit

That's a lot of steps. But I'm still confused what it actually does. Does it mean you can talk to another player if they're near you?
That's the upshot, yes.

And man oh man will that change the game's dynamic.

Celt Z

Celt Z

"Hey man, what's up?"
*MURDERS*

"....asshole."

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yeah, it could also be kind of comedic. Like in Phasmophobia, your mic stays on WHILE the ghost is murdering you. So I often would hear Dei or Terrik's last words as the ghost choked them out... and it was usually something like "OH COME ON, BULLSHIT"

But that'd make for great "WITH MY LAST BREATH, I CURSE ZOIDBERG" moments.... and it'd end stack kills.

Dei

Dei

Yeah, it could also be kind of comedic. Like in Phasmophobia, your mic stays on WHILE the ghost is murdering you. So I often would hear Dei or Terrik's last words as the ghost choked them out... and it was usually something like "OH COME ON, BULLSHIT"

But that'd make for great "WITH MY LAST BREATH, I CURSE ZOIDBERG" moments.... and it'd end stack kills.
It shouldn't actually.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It shouldn't actually.
You're right.... If it's coded to actual, decent quality levels... unlike most of Among Us :p

Shawn

Shawn

I won't be able to join the game this or next Saturday just FYI.

Dei

Dei

One of my many improv musical segways tonight lol

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Personally, I think that I had a pretty good handle on this one, even if Terrik was voted off unjustly.

(Also @Eriol I was actually calling this meeting to vote off Null because I was pretty sure it was him, but you cracked first :p)

Dei

Dei

Hide and Seek

Dei

Dei

Cursed image warning (but probably sfw)

Celt Z

Celt Z

Cursed image warning (but probably sfw)

Dei

Dei

This might be an easier way to set up Prox Chat?

GasBandit

GasBandit

This might be an easier way to set up Prox Chat?

Hrm, it's a bespoke voice chat client. Won't know until we try it if it supports things like push to talk.

Dei

Dei

Hrm, it's a bespoke voice chat client. Won't know until we try it if it supports things like push to talk.
Watch the video.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Watch the video.
I'll do that later, can't right now, on a job site.

Dei

Dei

I'll do that later, can't right now, on a job site.
Short version
The client itself supports push to talk. But you are encouraged to make your own relay server.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Short version
The client itself supports push to talk. But you are encouraged to make your own relay server.

I looked over the server, if the one-click deploy to Heroku works, it could be a real possibility. The manual installation looks like it wants a linux server, which I don't have handy, unfortunately.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei and I tried to get this working tonight, and failed. I got a private server set up, we connected to it just fine... but then couldn't hear each other.

Apparently we're not the only ones having this problem.

GasBandit

GasBandit

There was a patch. Anna and I tried it again and got it working. The setup is pretty easy:

Download here

start crewlink

click the "gear"

set the server to
Code:
http://halforums.herokuapp.com
restart crewlink

Play Among Us!

It'd be helpful if we could test it out with more people.

Dei

Dei

Please install the mod for tomorrow, it's amazing.

GasBandit

GasBandit

We had a really good test with it tonight. it enhances everything so much.

Dei

Dei

We will be down a Shawn and Celt Z today I think, so it's a good night to come if you are someone who only comes once and a while and is worried about there not being space.

Dei

Dei

We're going to take next week off from Among us and try out Project Winter, so if you don't have interest in that game, you can take a week off. (@Tinwhistler )

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I'll probably watch for a bit, but money's tight enough I shouldn't be getting anything.

Dei

Dei

1607306641218.png

Dei

Dei

We're going to take next week off from Among us and try out Project Winter, so if you don't have interest in that game, you can take a week off. (@Tinwhistler )
Also, the game does have a tutorial.

Dei

Dei

Dumbasses

jwhouk

jwhouk

So, I got an e-mail today that one of the games on my Steam wish list was for sale.

It's called "Among Us." Anyone heard of it?

Shawn

Shawn

So, I got an e-mail today that one of the games on my Steam wish list was for sale.

It's called "Among Us." Anyone heard of it?
sus...

Cobra_Royality

Cobra_Royality

I'm gonna pass this saturday for project winter. saving money for when I visit family. May watch the streams though

jwhouk

jwhouk

I am NOT!

...especially since I just bought it. :)

Dei

Dei

They did a short preview of the new map on The Game Awards and it looks amazing.

Dei

Dei

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

It's been a rough week for me, and I'm gonna hit the sack before this even starts :(
I have bought the game, though, so I'm hoping we play again in the future so I can join in.

Shawn

Shawn

It's been a rough week for me, and I'm gonna hit the sack before this even starts :(
I have bought the game, though, so I'm hoping we play again in the future so I can join in.
I think this is for tomorrow if you thought it was tonight. Tonight is Jackbox.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Yeah, we're doing this tonight, not Friday night.

I went through the tutorial: yeah, it's pretty basic but it does list what all the roles do. Read the in-game guide before we play and set up your character.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Yeah.....;i was super tired when i wrote that ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Are we doing Project Winter again this week (sat 12/19), or going back to Among Us?

Dei

Dei

Are we doing Project Winter again this week (sat 12/19), or going back to Among Us?
I mean, I would like to try Among Us with prox chat again, especially because not everyone has Project Winter.

Far

Far

Dei

Dei

Make Prox Chat great again

Dei

Dei

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

I'm wondering if we should implement a "if we don't get X amount of people by a certain time, we don't play," kind of thing, because playing in a small group kind of sucks.

Also, did we want to cancel this for this week as well? TBH I've been congested and shit all week from allergies and have been feeling shitty, which is the main reason I didn't want to play Jackbox, and I don't know if I'm going to have any patience for social deduction today either.

Shawn

Shawn

Up to you. I'm available to play tonight, but we can take a break if people need one.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Same as Shawn.

Dei

Dei

My real issue is that being stuffy makes me cranky and I don't want to take it out on anyone without meaning to.

Cobra_Royality

Cobra_Royality

I'm in to play tonight. I hope you get well soon Anna

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I know I'm not feeling well tonight ether. Been like this all week. Probably out for tonight.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

No, no Emotes in Among Us! That would be....:Leyla:
I don't want to see those stubby little legs trying to teabag someone.

mikerc

mikerc

No, no Emotes in Among Us! That would be....:Leyla:
I don't want to see those stubby little legs trying to teabag someone.
Yes, yes this is to your advantage Celt Z. While you would of course never use these emotes ask yourself if someone like Gas or Terrik could stop themselves & if you see them teabag someone then you know who the imposter is.

Shawn

Shawn

GasBandit

GasBandit

... those lyrics are barely english. It's like someone wrote it using google translate.

Shawn

Shawn

... those lyrics are barely english. It's like someone wrote it using google translate.
They do some very cryptic but fun songs.

Far

Far

1610503864692.png

Shawn

Shawn

It’s nearly always the first person who asks “where?”

figmentPez

figmentPez

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Shawn

Shawn

Doggo is sus.
Shhhh. I think he heard you.
doggo.jpg

Celt Z

Celt Z

Last night, on Among Halforums!:

terrikmurder.jpg

PoopPirate.jpg

Terrik

Terrik

More like:

AmongusAnnaTerrik.jpg

Celt Z

Celt Z

And who could forget?

HardWorkSnuf.jpg
*Tasks may not actually be completed.

Snuffleupagus

Snuffleupagus

And who could forget?

View attachment 36863
*Tasks may not actually be completed. <- fake news

Dei

Dei

Question for you guys. Hailey wants to learn how to play. I'll have her overnight again in two weeks.
Are all of you comfortable with her playing or would you prefer to keep it an adult game?
I was rather surprised she jumped in like she did on Saturday. She was watching her favorite shows on Youtube but the allure of Among Us was so powerful it drew her to the computer for the rest of our evening.
I don't think it's a good idea for kids to play with adults who aren't parents of said kids. I have played with kids to help a friend fill out a lobby for his daughter and her friends and it's a whole different experience.

Shawn

Shawn

I don't think it's a good idea for kids to play with adults who aren't parents of said kids. I have played with kids and it's a whole different experience.
It's totally fine if its a worry for anyone at all.
I'd be supervising her and helping her the entire time so the situation doesn't concern me. Basically just what happened the other night but I give her full control rather than just let her do the tasks.
Just trying to figure out a way for her to be able to play since she's been asking. No kids that she personally knows that play and the randos cannot be trusted. But I'm sure I can find a solution for her.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I can try, but I know I will have a farting difficult time remembering to watch my language.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I can try, but I know I will have a farting difficult time remembering to watch my language.
Once @Shawn explains to her that your name is just another way to say "Fart-stealer," the rest of the evening should fall into place.

--Patrick

Terrik

Terrik

Dei

Dei

Anyone have interest in mods? There's a lot out there now, which a bunch having interesting concepts.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I know nothing about the mods, but I'd be curious in hearing about some of them.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I Now have a sign up in my bus: “DONT BE SUS BUCKLE UP”

Dei

Dei

Here are some I found interesting:

Flashlight

Sheriff

Jester

Mafia

Celt Z

Celt Z

I feel like Flashlight could work with our current group size, but Mafia and Jester need a full team. I'm still a bit confused on Sheriff.

Dei

Dei

I feel like Flashlight could work with our current group size, but Mafia and Jester need a full team. I'm still a bit confused on Sheriff.
Sheriff can kill imposters. But if they try to kill a Crewmate, they kill themselves instead.

Shawn

Shawn

Not feeling too well tonight. Going to take a break this week.

Cobra_Royality

Cobra_Royality

Here are some I found interesting:

Flashlight

Sheriff

Jester

Mafia
I like the jester and mafia modes. they seem like a cool way to spice up the game. I'm always sus, so a jester win would be glorious

GasBandit

GasBandit

So, I'd just like to go ahead and broach this question now... what do we plan to do if not enough of us show up again this saturday?

Don't Starve was kind of a spur of the moment hail mary, and I don't know if anybody wants to keep that as an option or not.

Also, are we trying mods, or no?

And to address the elephant in the room - what's the threshold for us just saying "we can't get enough people together to keep this going?"

Dei

Dei

So, I'd just like to go ahead and broach this question now... what do we plan to do if not enough of us show up again this saturday?

Don't Starve was kind of a spur of the moment hail mary, and I don't know if anybody wants to keep that as an option or not.

And to address the elephant in the room - what's the threshold for us just saying "we can't get enough people together to keep this going?"
I would say if we don't have at least 8 we shouldn't play. I hate playing one imposter, and the only reason I don't bail when we do is because I feel bad if people seem to want to play.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I suspect most people's interest will come back when the new map comes, at least for awhile. It might just be time to take a break until then.

For my part, I've just been mostly dead tired past 10pm most days.

Shawn

Shawn

My interest in it really hasn't waned. Right now every other weekend is dedicated to Hailey (and if she wants to do her own thing around Among Us time I can always log in later). Usually this makes me good to play the following Saturdays. But this last Saturday I had just been suffering from some really bad insomnia for a few days and needed to take something to knock me out.

Celt Z

Celt Z

My interest in still good. I don't mind the smaller group size, but I think some of the mods would need us to have a larger group. I my suggest we check in at some point Saturday evenings to say if we're coming or not. Don't Starve also started because we didn't know if we'd have enough people to play Among Us.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I've started a new job, and I'm pretty much wiped out and not wanting to be too social on the Friday and Saturday things lately. Hopefully, I'll get back to it soon.

Cobra_Royality

Cobra_Royality

I liked playing "don't starve" I wouldn't mind if we played that again

Dei

Dei

I might be late because we are terrible at eating dinner on time, and it's my daughter's birthday so it would be terrible to eat dinner at my keyboard. :p

Shawn

Shawn

Hailey is over tonight. So if I do join it will be later in the evening.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I mostly blame this on last night's Jackbox game, and too much tv as a kid.

CobraDooWhereAreYou.jpg
Warning - so many images

InSpace.jpg
Wellgang.jpg
Search the cafeteria.jpgWE'll split up.jpg
whosbeensus.jpg
EjectedE01.jpg
EjectedA02.jpg
We'restillhere.jpgAndfast.jpg
rutroh1.jpgrutroh2.jpg
GroupRun01.jpgGroupRun02.jpgGroupRun03.jpgGroupRun04.jpgGroupRun05.jpgVelmaEmergencyMeet.jpg
caught.jpg
reallyare.jpgdoctorsus.jpg
meddling kids.jpg

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

fark_FdHKZ2gVmlTCKo70iYK8PQvFCT0.jpg

Dei

Dei

Also, Terrik and Cobra are going to be late, I told him to post here and he didn't.