Export thread

Amateur radio, ham radio, RF nerds, emcomm, weather spotters, etc...

strawman

strawman

Soooo, I finally got some antennas up.

Anyone here licensed, interested in ham radio, or already into it?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I am interested, but not yet pursuing it. My dad is a ham radio operator, and I have participated in several fox hunts with him.

Terrik

Terrik

Soooo, I finally got some antennas up.

Anyone here licensed, interested in ham radio, or already into it?

Hrm, my callsign was KF4ZYX. I wonder if it's still valid.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I've always been interested, but I've never really gone outside the 11m band, and of course now I can't spend hours in front of a set in my basement.
Getting one of those custom plates would be pretty cool, though.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

2pro2ham

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I go HAM often, but not on a radio...

As a kid, I was actually really into ham radio. And then I got my first computer and a dial-up modem, and then never touched amateur radio again.

strawman

strawman

Hrm, my callsign was KF4ZYX. I wonder if it's still valid.
Valid until 6/6/2018. You just have to renew it next year, no testing required IIRC.

Terrik

Terrik

Valid until 6/6/2018. You just have to renew it next year, no testing required IIRC.
Oh good. I'll be sure to do so.

fade

fade

I like the idea, but I also don't know what I'd do once I had the equipment. Be awkward at long distances?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I used to collect QSL cards from various shortwave broadcasters. I won a t-shirt from NHK in a haiku contest. China Radio International sent me stuff for *years* after I sent in the reception report.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I like the idea, but I also don't know what I'd do once I had the equipment. Be awkward at long distances?
Seems to me that would apply to phones, texting, facebook, this forum... any form of long distance communication really :p

fade

fade

Seems to me that would apply to phones, texting, facebook, this forum... any form of long distance communication really :p
I'll give you phones, but the others aren't real time.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'll give you phones, but the others aren't real time.
Says you. I'm here always.

ALWAYS.