Alright, alright you guys win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finally watching How I Met Your Mother.

It's not THAT good yet, but it has Jason Segal so... I'm gonna give it a shot.

Why the HELL does it have a laugh-track though? WHY?????? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I have watched the first 3 seasons and I really enjoyed the show. I sadly haven't got a chance to watch season four yet ( I am waiting for it to come out on DVD) but from what I have seen I have really enjoyed it.

T

ThatNickGuy

Esp? Esp, Esp, Esp *points fingers to eyes, then to yours, then back to mine*

Trust me, it's a show that you'll get hooked on, if only for the antics of Neil Patrick Harris, who is by far the REAL reason to tune in every week. Jason Segal's a close second.

And yeah, it's a sitcom. It's got a laugh track. Just go with it. I laugh when I feel like laughing and fortunately, I tend to laugh right along with said laugh track.

Honestly, Chuck, I don't see understand how you feel Ted is unlikeable. I remember you said once that he's unfunny, but really, he's the straight man to the antics of Barney and Marshall. Ex.: Barney used Ted's name in a joke/pun that it took him much longer than his friends to get.

Ted's kinda like Buffy: he's not the most interesting character in the show, but he keeps the plot moving (as far as the plot/point of the series itself).

But unlikeable? I wish for you to extrapolate further on this point. :)

Ted is kind of terrible in his early wooing of Robin, he
is terrible to his ex "I'm not EFFABLE?" in that one episode, he cheats on victoria with Robin
I could go on, but when I was rewatching it with my roommate, he just kept doing terrible stuff in his relationships. The actor's fine, and the character's pretty funny at times!

IIRC How I Met Your Mother doesn't use a laugh track, but has a studio audience watch the episode and use that to get the "laugh track" Like the old studio audiences, but it allows them to have the various flashbacks and other tricks and have the laughter stay natural.

R

Reboneer

IIRC How I Met Your Mother doesn't use a laugh track, but has a studio audience watch the episode and use that to get the "laugh track" Like the old studio audiences, but it allows them to have the various flashbacks and other tricks and have the laughter stay natural.
A laugh track is a laugh track, whether it's canned laughter or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.