Action figures

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Twitch

So I collect action figures, shame shame I know, and I'm currently looking for part of the original Starcraft run, Tassadar. Most stores I go to are of course sold out and I'd rather not pay $130 for it as it is going on ebay. Do any of you know of websites or even shops on the west coast that specialize in the sale of older figurines like that?

I don't know where you would pick it up besides E-bay. Blizzard doesn't usually re-run their action figure lines, so getting a new one direct from that long ago is going to be pretty hard. Those figures have entered collectable territory, which jacks up the price.

Oh, and don't feel bad about the action figures. Here are my WC3 and Transformers shrines respectively.

G

GeneralOrder24

So what's worse, the fact that I didn't see Blackarachnia at first, or the fact that it didn't even cross into my head that she was missing?

Also: No shockwave? Shame on you.

T

Twitch

Yeah, I was afraid of that. I kind of hoped there was some hidden shrine of a website but it looks like it's back to hitting up independent comic/collectible stores again.

Twitch said:
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I kind of hoped there was some hidden shrine of a website but it looks like it's back to hitting up independent comic/collectible stores again.
You find a place that has a Boba Fett or Slave Leia Unleashed for less than $100 while you're at it, let me know.

C

Chibibar

Twitch said:
Only place I can suggest are anime/comic convention. Some dealers may sell at a lower price.

T

Twitch

Shegokigo said:
Twitch said:
You find a place that has a Boba Fett or Slave Leia Unleashed for less than $100 while you're at it, let me know.
I'll keep an eye out.

Here you go
http://cgi.ebay.com/Target-Exclsive-Bob ... dZViewItem
Buy it now 39.99

-- Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:10 pm --

Actually those are "Target Exclusive"
I'm not big on star wars so that might be the reason it's cheaper.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Unleashed ... 1|294%3A50

I collect the DC Universe Classics figures and I hate when I miss a wave, because it becomes a pain in the ass to find them again. or worse you keep seeing the same figures in the wave that you already have.

A

Alex B.

I was resisting those Universe figures. Then they came out with Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. Even then, I decided to wait for the JLI versions coming out later in the year, but my wife went and bought me Booster for my birthday.

Now I can't find Beetle anywhere, but I can find fifty Riddlers. :eek:i:

I have a steadily growing collection of Avengers in those cute little Superhero Squad figures on my desk at work.

I used to be a collector of Transformers during the Beast Wars, Beast Machines, especially the Robots in Disguise eras but I decided when I was going to have start moving around for work that having them was going to be a burden so I gave them all to some friend's kids.

T

Twitch

I see you have Illidan there, I buy things in or out of box but if I get it IN box I can't bring myself to take it out, so mine sits in it's cardboard container.

Twitch said:
I see you have Illidan there, I buy things in or out of box but if I get it IN box I can't bring myself to take it out, so mine sits in it's cardboard container.
Feh, they're toys, they're meant to be played with. :p

T

Twitch

Bowielee said:
Twitch said:
Feh, they're toys, they're meant to be played with. :p
Yeah, I just can't do it though. I don't plan on selling them and I don't expect their value to skyrocket enough that my children will sell them yet... I am defeated.

T

Twitch

Puntabul said:
If you are close to Long beach Ca there is a comic book shop that has a bunch of wow action figures last time I was in there.
http://www.amazingcomics.com/ I hope it helps.
I'll be in california next month and I'll try and make time to swing by there. I wish I'd known about that when I'd lived in Long Beach, if it was there at the time.

Twitch said:
Puntabul said:
If you are close to Long beach Ca there is a comic book shop that has a bunch of wow action figures last time I was in there.
I'll be in california next month and I'll try and make time to swing by there. I wish I'd known about that when I'd lived in Long Beach, if it was there at the time.
I know its been there for at least 15 years. It is a good shop. If I had money I would be spending it there. But with the baby do any day now I don't think that will happen.

T

Twitch

Puntabul said:
Twitch said:
Puntabul said:
I know its been there for at least 15 years. It is a good shop. If I had money I would be spending it there. But with the baby do any day now I don't think that will happen.
Damn it, then it was there when I lived there. I hate it when I find out things like this.

-- Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:47 pm --

And I have to get this Hare Krishna Zombie...

ZenMonkey said:
Jesus, that cat figure is way into the Uncanny Valley.
She constantly knocks down my figures, but only the supervillians.

The shelf on the right is my roommates. you can't see it in the pick but there is a gnome charging Illidain.

I used to have a gaggle of figures (some Marvel, some DC, some He-Man), but sold all of them years ago. Part of me kind of regrets it, but not really. Sometimes, I think about buying some again, such as the Fourth World figures, or at the very least Darkseid. Or the All Star Superman figure. Or the New Frontier Superman figure (one of the two; probably the latter).

Here's a bunch of pics of my old Geek Room, when I was still living together with my now ex-girlfriend:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v401/ ... ek%20Room/

P

Philosopher B.

I've got Star Wars figures coming out of my butthole. Gonna sell that shit on Ebay, get some new goddamn shoes.

Philosopher B. said:
I've got Star Wars figures coming out of my butthole. Gonna sell that poop on Ebay, get some new goddamn shoes.
/

As for me, I know I've posted 1/3rd of my collection before, but let's just say I have 2 closets from floor to ceiling full of figures I currently don't have room to display. Whenever we move into a big enough place, I plan on having an entire wall of a large room dedicated to pure display.

W

Wasabi Poptart

When I was growing up, the minister at my church was a real kid at heart. She had all kinds of board games, a room with several dollhouses and all kinds of accessories, and she liked video games (which back then was on the Atari 2600). Most of all I remember that she had one walk-in closet that was full of action figures from Star Wars, Battle Star Galactica, Buck Rogers, and other shows/movies. I loved going to visit when my mom had church business to take care of. Unfortunately, there was a fire in the parsonage and she lost all of them. I wish I had a picture of that closet.

R

Rubicon

nice collection covar, i spy some robert jordan, bonus points. and a healthy MTG collection to boot.

C

Chazwozel

AshburnerX said:
Chazwozel said:
My figure collection.

:p
You should put that on your toilet, with the a** facing the bowl. I swear I thought he was taking a dump before I noticed the hockey stick.
Haha, yeah those sports figures always come in the weirdest poses. This one is in a faceoff position, but it's still kinda goofy looking.

Here's the most recent collection for Sidney Crosby:

I guess it's supposed to be a stop right before a wrist shot? or a post face off pose? It just looks stupid.

I think it's the positioning of his feet. If any player tried to stand like that on the ice, they'd be faceplanting in a microsecond.

C

Chazwozel

ThatNickGuy said:
I think it's the positioning of his feet. If any player tried to stand like that on the ice, they'd be faceplanting in a microsecond.

I think it's supposed to be an "action" shot of a wrist shot after you make the shot. After you make a slap shot your center of gravity switches from your hips and follows through on your leg. So I think it's supposed to be following a strong wrister. Regardless, it looks friggin retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.