[Question] About the Events tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
So I added that Events tab so that we could do things like plan for TF2/L4D2 games, but it can be used for so much more. Right now the only people who can actually add an Event are Mods/Admins. Would this be something that others would like to have access to?

Example: CajunGal is getting married on 7/7/2012. I know she's a mod already, but if she were a normal user do you think it would be cool if she added the Event?

The problem with this is that there may be a lot added that is less than stellar or that nobody but that one person would care about. Birthdays are already there so we wouldn't have to worry about this. Also, if we have a lot of Events does this detract when we want to do more "official" things like a TF2 tourney?

Also, right now Event notices are only in the Gaming sub. If we allowed registered users to post Events then we'd have to make the announcement go everywhere.

So what are your thoughts? Should we open it or merely say that if you want an event added you have to message a mod/admin?

Is there a way that someone could submit an event but make it so that the mods have to click approve on them? That way the mods wouldn't have to sort through tons of messages or bother writing up the event message they would just have to read the event messages and click allow/not allow.

Dave

Staff member
Please note that this adds an "Add Event" button right next to the "Post New Thread" button. So I assume a few people will hit the wrong button at least once. I did the first time.

Personally, what would have the event disappear from the top banner especially if you click NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.