3 Potential Lanterns of Sector 2814

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rubicon

This week, the race narrowed to Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds and Justin Timberlake. The clock is ticking on the decision as the holding deal the studio had on the actors expired Monday, meaning the three are now free to accept other offers.
http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/green-lant ... to-coo.php

Oh god please let it be Ryan Reynolds.. I have no fucking clue where Timberlake came from..the choice just flew in outta left field. I could see Cooper doing it, he's got the chops but Reynolds would be great.

Personally I think he'd make a better Guy Gardner (the best GL EVER) cause he can easily pull off the wisecracking mannerisms (ala Hannibal King) but I'd gladly accept him as Hal.

E

elph

Isn't RR slated to do a Deadpool movie as Deadpool? That would be a bit odd, having him as the face/voice of 2 heroes (presumably) in the same year.

R

Rubicon

I highly doubt he'll do a DP movie.. they royally fucked up that character, i dont think he wants to touch DP with a ten foot Baraka-sized blade

R

Rubicon

Vagabond said:
elph said:
Isn't RR slated to do a Deadpool movie as Deadpool? That would be a bit odd, having him as the face/voice of 2 heroes (presumably) in the same year.
Yeah, and wouldn't Marvel have some kind of problem with that?

Mav said:
I highly doubt he'll do a DP movie.. they royally smurfed up that character, i dont think he wants to touch DP with a ten foot Baraka-sized blade
http://movies.tvguide.com/Movie-News/Ryan-Reynolds-Deadpool-1005825.aspx
Yes, I know they're making a movie. My point being if he had any brains as an actor, he'd pass. We all know that movie is going to bomb.

C

cvgurau

Bradley who?

If Nathan Fillion isn't the Green Lantern, I ain't interested. :eek:rly:

Mav, Reynolds LOVES the Deadpool character. Aside from the fuck ups the character got in the movie, I think Reynolds is still the perfect role for the character. It's like Jackman and Wolverine.

As far as Hal Jordan goes, what is so wrong with Nathon Fillion? The dude is perfect for the role.

Sadly, somehow, FOX got the rights to the Deadpool character. So it's going to be Wolverine: Origins, all over again.

IE: Great cast, great characters, horrible horrible beat down of all script/character building/source material.

Status
Not open for further replies.