[Brazelton] 2016 itself

Still about 20 minutes left as I type this. A few US possessions still have until 7am EST Sunday to see the old year out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shit, really? I friggin checked and all. I thought if Hawaii was in 2017, and Japan was almost to January 2nd, then we were surely in the clear.

Let's make it worse! It's not really truly over until all the New Years Eve overnight shifts finally wrap up their nights. So another five and a half hours. :p
That's like saying that because I'm still digesting food from last year that it isn't truly over until the food has completed its journey.

It's 2017.

Not even. There are still people out there on a 12/31 work night. Some have had a rougher night than others. The Chicago Scanner twitter feed has been a mess all night. For them it is most definitely still 2016.
Then what I described sounds exactly like their night? :awesome:

2016 is finally dead.

I know we're supposed to stay moderately respectful in these threads, but I don't think anyone's going to miss this fuck of a year.

So, good riddance.

2016 was a great year for me personally. Actually it's been one of the best years financially and family-wise for me in a long time.

2016 was a great year for me personally. Actually it's been one of the best years financially and family-wise for me in a long time.
Uneven for me. Lost my job mid-year, but got a new one that started in December. That job necessitates a family move (which we didn't want) but to a pretty nice place, so that's good.

So... kinda good personally?

Zappit

Staff member
Not my worst year. Finally, FINALLY got a classroom. I was seriously considering getting out of education because it just seemed impossible to move past permanent substitute. That was a big moral booster. Big income booster, too. And it's going well so far. I love the people I work with, I really got lucky with my first group of students, and - knock on wood - I haven't had any major issues.

Supervillainous continues uninterrupted.

My health improved a bit right at the end of the year, with my kidney function showing it's best numbers in months.

No family deaths in 2016. The year was too busy with famous people.

Overall, I really can't complain. I think I'm a bit depressed, but I've been dealing with it.

B

BErt

Not gonna start a new thread because this would only matter to people in south east Michigan...but goddammit can we please stop now?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/founder-of-marvins-marvelous-mechanical-museum-dies

This was an amazing man that owned an awesome arcade for years. He even had a semi-famous local band - Tally Hall - name one of their albums after his business:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin's_Marvelous_Mechanical_Museum_(album)

Here is his official website - http://marvin3m.com

My ex asked if she could use him as a resource for her senior photo project and he kept one of the pics as his main site photo. He was a great man that will be missed.

Dang. I just drove by there this past Friday, saw it, and wondered how he was doing. I guess now I know.

EDIT: The place was even featured on Under The Radar: Michigan, if anyone is interested in learning more about it at its final location.

--Patrick

B

BErt

This is probably the best pic she took of him...she's gonna do a little cleanup in photoshop, then we're gonna print it out large form and frame it and present it to his son
IMG_0029.JPG