[Movies] 2012 Movies to See... or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your big movies for 2012? This is partly to see what everyone's itching to see and partly because there's some movie coming out this year that I want to see and forgot, so maybe someone else's list will have it and I'll remember. Anyway, mine are...

The Secret World of Arriety: Because I love the hell out of Ghibli movies.
The Dark Knight Rises: No one seems all that interested in this movie, so I figure I should go see it and be supportive.
The Avengers
The Hobbit
Prometheus
(EDIT: I remember now!) Brave

And then some maybes...

The Woman in Black: The trailer for this looks great, but aside from the Paranormal Activity films, I try to avoid seeing horror movies in theaters. Too much chatting, texting, etc. I can stand it during comedies and action movies, but not during horror or drama.
The Cabin in the Woods: Joss Whedon horror movie is a plus, but I need a trailer. Also, same problems as above.
Mirror, Mirror: The trailer for this looks like utter shit, and the parts that look good are in less than a second quick-cut edits, which has me hoping this is a case like Megamind/Tangled, where the trailer was geared to get the lowest common denominator in the theater, and then show them a good movie. I wouldn't even be considering this if not for Tarsem Singh directing it. He showed with The Fall that he can do this kind of fantasy stuff in a fun way. I'm not sold, but I haven't written it off yet.
The Pirates! I love Ardham. Just not sure yet. I'll see how the reviews are.
Jack the Giant Killer

And no way in hell...

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. Anyone remember how when Clerks 2 was in theaters, Kevin Smith released a commentary mp3, so people could go see it with their iPods on and listen to the commentary as if it was on DVD? I wish Rifftrax could do that. Of course, then I'd be laughing at inappropriate moments. Actually, that'd be a selling point.

EDIT: As usually happens, I'll probably see maybe five or six of these in theaters, and then never see the others.

Avengers, Dark Knight, Hobbit, and Prometheus are all definite theatre-going ones for me. Brave is a strong possibility, but for some reason, I'm just not drawn to it as strongly as other Pixar movies. Probably because it seems incredibly similar (in setting) to How to Train Your Dragon. Silly thinking, I know.

Movies I'm interested in that I recognize just off of title:

Haywire
Chronicle
Ghost Rider 2
21 Jump Street
The Hunger Games
American Reunion (SHUT UP)
The Cabin in the Woods
Battleship
Rock of Ages
Brave
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Dark Knight Rises
The Bourne Legacy
Total Recall
Looper
Red Dawn
Skyfall
Les Miserables
The Hobbit
Django Unchained
The Great Gatsby

There may be a few more that I'm just not recognizing the name of, but I've still heard of before nonetheless.

It's supposed to be great, the trailer gives away way to much but... I'll see it. Maybe not in theater but I'll see it.

I'll be going to see the new Underworld movie next week just because it's the only thing playing that interests me that I can see before classes start. My best friend and I are going to make a day of it.

Thank you and fuck you, Disney, for putting a Tangled short before a movie many people already own on DVD and have no interest in paying $13 a ticket to see in theaters, where you'll add that stupid "Human Again" song (which isn't awful and actually improves the pacing--it's just unnecessary) and with 3D. Woop-de-shit, 3D!

Cabin in the Woods is in theaters this weekend. It's Tomato score is a lot higher than I was expecting: 93% with over 100 reviews counted.

The ones that immediately spring to mind for me are Avengers, The Hobbit, Spider-Man, The Dark Knight Rises, and Les Miserables.

Brave is also a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.