16 year old baby may hold secret to eternal life

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chazwozel

Jake said:
Chibibar said:
It is interesting to see how far can they study her.

So basically this girl different body part aging at different rate? (bone is older than the rest of the body while the brain is still a baby mode) so maybe the whole aging is control by the brain eh? if the brain don't "age" then the body won't either.... (I'm pure guessing here since this is a rare phenomenon)
Ban: upheld.
:rofl:

C

Chibibar

Chazwozel said:
Jake said:
Chibibar said:

So basically this girl different body part aging at different rate? (bone is older than the rest of the body while the brain is still a baby mode) so maybe the whole aging is control by the brain eh? if the brain don't "age" then the body won't either.... (I'm pure guessing here since this is a rare phenomenon)
Why??

n a recent paper for the journal "Mechanisms of Ageing and Development," Walker and his co-authors, who include Pakula and All Children's Hospital (St. Petersburg, Fla.) geneticist Maxine Sutcliffe chronicled a baffling range of inconsistencies in Brooke's aging process. She still has baby teeth at 16, for instance. And her bone age is estimated to be more like 10 years old.
Bone is about 10 years old.

body still baby mode (still have baby teeth at 16 with a body of a toddler)
"There've been very minimal changes in Brooke's brain," Walker said. "Various parts of her body, rather than all being at the same stage, seem to be disconnected."
Brain has minimal CHANGE! the rest of her body seems to be disconnected.

The scientist has NO clue what is causing it, I'm just tossing my hypothesis. There is a lot of stuff about the brain that we still don't understand (like this case)

Last but not least

Brooke hasn't aged in the conventional sense. Dr. Richard Walker of the University of South Florida College of Medicine, in Tampa, says Brooke's body is not developing as a coordinated unit, but as independent parts that are out of sync. She has never been diagnosed with any known genetic syndrome or chromosomal abnormality that would help explain why.
at least no chromosomal or genetic abnormality. So genetically it is "comparable" to the model they are using (to compare if there are abnormality) so why it couldn't be the brain?? huh???

Fuck your ban!

C

Chazwozel

Chibibar said:
Chazwozel said:
Jake said:
Chibibar said:

Why??

n a recent paper for the journal "Mechanisms of Ageing and Development," Walker and his co-authors, who include Pakula and All Children's Hospital (St. Petersburg, Fla.) geneticist Maxine Sutcliffe chronicled a baffling range of inconsistencies in Brooke's aging process. She still has baby teeth at 16, for instance. And her bone age is estimated to be more like 10 years old.
Bone is about 10 years old.

body still baby mode (still have baby teeth at 16 with a body of a toddler)
[quote:1aejs5nq]"There've been very minimal changes in Brooke's brain," Walker said. "Various parts of her body, rather than all being at the same stage, seem to be disconnected."
Brain has minimal CHANGE! the rest of her body seems to be disconnected.

The scientist has NO clue what is causing it, I'm just tossing my hypothesis. There is a lot of stuff about the brain that we still don't understand (like this case)

Last but not least

Brooke hasn't aged in the conventional sense. Dr. Richard Walker of the University of South Florida College of Medicine, in Tampa, says Brooke's body is not developing as a coordinated unit, but as independent parts that are out of sync. She has never been diagnosed with any known genetic syndrome or chromosomal abnormality that would help explain why.
at least no chromosomal or genetic abnormality. So genetically it is "comparable" to the model they are using (to compare if there are abnormality) so why it couldn't be the brain?? huh???

smurf your ban![/quote:1aejs5nq]

A hypothesis is predicted answer to a question that's generated after much research and forethought on a topic not a half-baked brain fart.

C

Chibibar

Chazwozel said:
A hypothesis is predicted answer to a question that's generated after much research and forethought on a topic not a half-baked brain fart.
ok... what is your theory? since the article states there are no abnormal genetic and chromosome defects compare to normal human.

Her body is out of sync. (brain, body, bone different age)

What do you think it is?

one of the theory of aging is from this chromosome http://www.telomere.net/

but if that is the issue, then it would be chromosome defect and would have been detected.

The Chinese believe it is the Kidney that fail over time and unable to repair the human body BUT I'm sure this kid's kidney is still healthy.

I am reading the article now and guess what? there was some test to the Thyroid (throat) and Pituitary (base of the brain)
Therewere no underlying endocrine problems that could explain
the subject’s growth delay. Evaluation of thyroid and hypothalamic
pituitary function revealed slightly elevated thyroid stimulating
hormone (TSH; 7.6 mU/ml) with normal thyroxine (T4; 11.3 mg/dl)
levels.
There is a slight elevated, but no hard evidence.

ALSO if you read further, there is a difference in the brain scan MRI from the "normal" person vs the Girl. There is a difference. So maybe my English is not up to your standard, but it is still COULD be brain related. (See page 5 of 8 diagram A and B) that is how I got the brain part.

I had to reread the thing and under discussion it could be genetic but there is no current explanation (since it is still under study) of WHY her body is out of sync of each other.

Consider your brain pretty much control almost everything in your body, it is possible, the brain might not be sending the correct signal, chemicals, or whatever to the rest of the body. They are out of sync. I mean even the breathing and heartbeat is control by the brain. If your brain goes, so does the rest of your body.

J

JCM

We have a similar case here, where a woman, Maria Audenete, age 28, has the body and mind of an infant.
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y70QII2NqWA&feature=player_embedded:2ihb7yjd][/youtube:2ihb7yjd]
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4whMmG9vGOc&feature=player_embedded:2ihb7yjd][/youtube:2ihb7yjd]

-- Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:11 pm --

Chazwozel said:
Jake said:
Chibibar said:

Seconded.

C

Chazwozel

Chibibar said:
Chazwozel said:
ok... what is your theory? since the article states there are no abnormal genetic and chromosome defects compare to normal human.

Her body is out of sync. (brain, body, bone different age)

What do you think it is?

one of the theory of aging is from this chromosome http://www.telomere.net/

but if that is the issue, then it would be chromosome defect and would have been detected.

The Chinese believe it is the Kidney that fail over time and unable to repair the human body BUT I'm sure this kid's kidney is still healthy.

I am reading the article now and guess what? there was some test to the Thyroid (throat) and Pituitary (base of the brain)
Therewere no underlying endocrine problems that could explain
the subject’s growth delay. Evaluation of thyroid and hypothalamic
pituitary function revealed slightly elevated thyroid stimulating
hormone (TSH; 7.6 mU/ml) with normal thyroxine (T4; 11.3 mg/dl)
levels.
There is a slight elevated, but no hard evidence.

ALSO if you read further, there is a difference in the brain scan MRI from the "normal" person vs the Girl. There is a difference. So maybe my English is not up to your standard, but it is still COULD be brain related. (See page 5 of 8 diagram A and B) that is how I got the brain part.

I had to reread the thing and under discussion it could be genetic but there is no current explanation (since it is still under study) of WHY her body is out of sync of each other.

Consider your brain pretty much control almost everything in your body, it is possible, the brain might not be sending the correct signal, chemicals, or whatever to the rest of the body. They are out of sync. I mean even the breathing and heartbeat is control by the brain. If your brain goes, so does the rest of your body.

I have no theory because I know dick about the sequencing studies that were done on her. I do know that a karotyping comparison may not be entirely conclusive or even *gasp* wrong! And yes the brain controls many, many regulatory factors, but by your definition of how the body works, someone should get cancer if a part of their brain is misfiring or misregulating hormones.

Considering how little is known about the aging process itself, I'd say this girl may very well have some kind of genetic abnormality that has gone unidentified.

C

Chibibar

Chaz: having read the paper twice (just to make sure I actually understand it, but some of the results/chemical listing I'm not familiar with) looks like we have a long way to find out what is actually "wrong" with her.

I just find a little insulting that on a forum discussion where none of us are experts where someone could "ban" someone from certain topic of discussion. I guess from now on I just have to link every thing I talk about with backup proof or something.

JCM - I did not understand a word on those videos (cause I don't speak the language or can read it) I presume this is another case of a "non-aging" baby? so you trying to say it is not rare? Thus far after several searches, it looks rare to me. I have found only like 2 cases (including your video) and a paper (on the girl) but I'm sure there are others, but it is not a normal phenomenon.

C

Chazwozel

Chibibar said:
Chaz: having read the paper twice (just to make sure I actually understand it, but some of the results/chemical listing I'm not familiar with) looks like we have a long way to find out what is actually \"wrong\" with her.

I just find a little insulting that on a forum discussion where none of us are experts where someone could \"ban\" someone from certain topic of discussion. I guess from now on I just have to link every thing I talk about with backup proof or something.

JCM - I did not understand a word on those videos (cause I don't speak the language or can read it) I presume this is another case of a \"non-aging\" baby? so you trying to say it is not rare? Thus far after several searches, it looks rare to me. I have found only like 2 cases (including your video) and a paper (on the girl) but I'm sure there are others, but it is not a normal phenomenon.

Jake, Fade, Necrotic, and myself hold Ph.D.s in Biochemisty and Chemistry. We ARE the goddamn experts.

You read this paper? http://www.miraculousmutation.com/siteb ... 4-1-09.pdf

Chazwozel said:
Chibibar said:
Chaz: having read the paper twice (just to make sure I actually understand it, but some of the results/chemical listing I'm not familiar with) looks like we have a long way to find out what is actually \"wrong\" with her.

I just find a little insulting that on a forum discussion where none of us are experts where someone could \"ban\" someone from certain topic of discussion. I guess from now on I just have to link every thing I talk about with backup proof or something.

JCM - I did not understand a word on those videos (cause I don't speak the language or can read it) I presume this is another case of a \"non-aging\" baby? so you trying to say it is not rare? Thus far after several searches, it looks rare to me. I have found only like 2 cases (including your video) and a paper (on the girl) but I'm sure there are others, but it is not a normal phenomenon.

Jake, Fade, Necrotic, and myself hold Ph.D.s in Biochemisty and Chemistry. We ARE the goddamn experts.

Goddamn, just look at the size of my PhDenis! :smug:

C

Chazwozel

Jake said:
Chazwozel said:
Chibibar said:

Goddamn, just look at the size of my PhDenis! :smug:

Yeah I don't mean to be a dickhead about it, but I hate it when someone tries to teach me about science or prove crackpot theories when they have no clue about what they're frigging talking about. Big pet peeve of mine.

C

Chibibar

I don't speak from others, but I always try to learn more about things. What I don't understand I read and try to understand. I use what information I have on hand. If you have other papers and theories out there, I'm more than happy to read them and learn more about this and maybe have a good discussion, but just plain "ban" isn't productive isn't it?

C

Chazwozel

Chibibar said:
I don't speak from others, but I always try to learn more about things. What I don't understand I read and try to understand. I use what information I have on hand. If you have other papers and theories out there, I'm more than happy to read them and learn more about this and maybe have a good discussion, but just plain "ban" isn't productive isn't it?

We'll never have a good discussion about it on anything more than a layman's understanding level. I'm honestly not trying to be a dick here, but after years and years of trying to explain my own thesis projects to family and friends, I've learned that in order to have true depth scientific discussions they need to be with other scientists because people outside the field don't know enough of the basics to get the devil of details.

It's good that you want to learn, but I don't really feel like spending a day to give you a crash course in graduate level genetics so you can be on par with my understanding of the subject matter. And I'll even admit, my understanding of this particular case is limited to only what I'm reading here in that paper I linked. If you truely want to learn about it, I suggest emailing Richard Walker about it. drrwalker@gmail.com

I really sound like a pompous prick, and I'm sorry, but it's the truth plain and simple.

C

Chibibar

Chazwozel said:
Chibibar said:

We'll never have a good discussion about it on anything more than a layman's understanding level. I'm honestly not trying to be a dick here, but after years and years of trying to explain my own thesis projects to family and friends, I've learned that in order to have true depth scientific discussions they need to be with other scientists because people outside the field don't know enough of the basics to get the devil of details.

It's good that you want to learn, but I don't really feel like spending a day to give you a crash course in graduate level genetics so you can be on par with my understanding of the subject matter. And I'll even admit, my understanding of this particular case is limited to only what I'm reading here in that paper I linked. If you truely want to learn about it, I suggest emailing Richard Walker about it. drrwalker@gmail.com

I really sound like a pompous prick, and I'm sorry, but it's the truth plain and simple.
that is the same person who wrote the paper on the subject matter?

C

Chazwozel

Chibibar said:
Chazwozel said:
Chibibar said:
I don't speak from others, but I always try to learn more about things. What I don't understand I read and try to understand. I use what information I have on hand. If you have other papers and theories out there, I'm more than happy to read them and learn more about this and maybe have a good discussion, but just plain \"ban\" isn't productive isn't it?

We'll never have a good discussion about it on anything more than a layman's understanding level. I'm honestly not trying to be a * here, but after years and years of trying to explain my own thesis projects to family and friends, I've learned that in order to have true depth scientific discussions they need to be with other scientists because people outside the field don't know enough of the basics to get the devil of details.

I really sound like a pompous *, and I'm sorry, but it's the truth plain and simple.
http://www.miraculousmutation.com/siteb ... 4-1-09.pdf

Primary author of this paper, meaning he's the one who's done most of the experiments and probably knows the best about the news article too, since the reporter interviewed him.

C

Chibibar

Chazwozel said:
Chibibar said:
Chazwozel said:
Chibibar said:
I don't speak from others, but I always try to learn more about things. What I don't understand I read and try to understand. I use what information I have on hand. If you have other papers and theories out there, I'm more than happy to read them and learn more about this and maybe have a good discussion, but just plain \"ban\" isn't productive isn't it?

We'll never have a good discussion about it on anything more than a layman's understanding level. I'm honestly not trying to be a * here, but after years and years of trying to explain my own thesis projects to family and friends, I've learned that in order to have true depth scientific discussions they need to be with other scientists because people outside the field don't know enough of the basics to get the devil of details.

I really sound like a pompous *, and I'm sorry, but it's the truth plain and simple.
http://www.miraculousmutation.com/siteb ... 4-1-09.pdf

Primary author of this paper, meaning he's the one who's done most of the experiments and probably knows the best about the news article too, since the reporter interviewed him.
ah. Yea. That is the paper I read.

so that aside...... how about them Cowboys? (heh. It is a phrase we use in our family when we want to change subject. Not sure how it got started)

J

JCM

What Chaz said, heck, even change "reproduce" with "replicate" when talking about viruses and your post will look idiotic to someone who has dedicated most of his adult life whereas we spent it elsewhere. (Yes Chaz, feel free to rag on it, it was a stupid mistake of mine).

But then Ive had even more idiotic mistakes being made by people talking about Islam or latin languages, that the only advice I can give is, keep away from FARK threads on religion, politics and evolution.

JCM said:
What Chaz said, heck, even change "reproduce" with "replicate" when talking about viruses and your post will look idiotic to someone who has dedicated most of his adult life whereas we spent it elsewhere. (Yes Chaz, feel free to rag on it, it was a stupid mistake of mine).

But then Ive had even more idiotic mistakes being made by people talking about Islam or latin languages, that the only advice I can give is, keep away from FARK threads on religion, politics and evolution.
That's twice you've mentioned FARK and evolution in a week or two. If you end up summoning Bevets, it's on your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.