100 suited days

Or something like that.

Again I make a return to the forums. Hi. Miss me?

So i have a new bit of a "project" you might say and i come the good members (the rest of us are included too) of Halforums for a little input and discussion. i will soon be putting together a blog/website journalling 100 days, and maybe a bit of a build up to that, wearing only suits (fixed that). Do clothes really make the man? We can all confidently say yes, but what do we have to back it up?
I know that some people do wear suits every day but documenting it from the stand point of someone who's been a jeans or cargo pants and tshirt guy all his life is interesting experiment to me at least.

Last edited:
Nice idea. I am also a jeans and shirt (polo) person. I've often wondered how it would be to wear a suit everyday. I thought I'd just get 2 simple black suits, white shirts, and a black or red tie, and only wear that. Super simple wardrobe. It would be like wearing the same thing everyday, but I think that would be cool.

I think that folks would likely treat you a bit differently and/or take you more seriously. Keep us posted!

I wish you the best of luck in this experiment! I would join you in it, but:

1) Never owned a suit in my life
2) *looks down at self* Well... you know. *grins*

Seriously though, this sounds like a cool endeavor. Have fun with it!

Also: Welcome back from lurking!

Just make sure you know how to spell suits. Otherwise, people might assume you're going to try wearing hotel suites. And that might get weird. Especially where you position the hot tub.

I am going to blame writing from my phone and bad auto correct for that lttle error.....
I hope to put up a site soon, even to cover some days building up to actual start as currently i have to buy a new suit or two to start this and i think thats good material too.

I wish you the best of luck in this experiment! I would join you in it, but:

1) Never owned a suit in my life
2) *looks down at self* Well... you know. *grins*

Seriously though, this sounds like a cool endeavor. Have fun with it!

Also: Welcome back from lurking!
Yeah, it's pretty awesome having a way unique way to dress formally that isn't a suit or tux (Though, when in a wedding party, I'll still do it).

Oooh, I went through something like this.

I moved from the US to the UK when I was 15, and I went from an American public school with no dress code to a British private school with a uniform policy. However, since I was a sixth former (an upperclassman basically), I didn't have to wear the school's mandated jacket and tie ensemble, I could wear my own clothes, as long as it was a jacket and tie.

This meant I went from wearing jeans and t-shirts every day to wearing a suit every day. And to be honest, it does make a difference. To some extent, teenaged boys will be teenaged boys, but people at that school tended to take stuff more seriously. I felt it myself, sort of like "This is serious clothes, I are serious person" type thing.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I'd be interested in reading this. Thing is, if you're in a scenario where suits are uncommon (say a fairly casual office, even), you might be taken -less- seriously for trying too hard.

But yes, I would read this.

As most people here know, I wear a suit almost every day. Although in the new job, certainly less often than I have in the past.

I have been a little delayed getting this going because of some events in my life but still plan on launching this project soon. Hopefully a website will go up this weekend fleshing out more details and start journaling even the adventure building up to the adventure.

I was at first under the belief I was going to have to buy a new suit to start this but now it appears I will be returning to Washington from Texas so I will be able to get mine out of storage. Hopefuly it wont need tailoring because I havent worn it for years. If it does, does anyone have any good advice on going about getting that done?

And so it has begun. well, a countdown to the beginning? It's happening though.

A change of suit

It's sparse still, obviously I am just getting started. And I haven't done any real web work in so long, and have never used word press before, that there will be many tweaks and changes over time but I have been screwing with the website for long enough that I realized that if I wait until I feel it's perfect, I will never get started on this thing.

So, any interested parties, should you desire, please feel free to check it out, let me know what you think so far, any glaring issues that need to be addressed immediately and the work is greatly appreciated.

Looks good to me. Page loading isn't as fast as it should be, and you might want to spend time in a month or so optimizing the site for possible slashdotting and other related traffic surges. They probably won't come early.

Looks good to me. Page loading isn't as fast as it should be, and you might want to spend time in a month or so optimizing the site for possible slashdotting and other related traffic surges. They probably won't come early.
Thanks for the heads up on site speed. I had noticed it was a bit sluggish but figured I would get to it later. Since it was something that obviously jumped out at you right off the bat I figured I would spend a little bit looking at it this morning.

Good start. One little critique if you don't mind.

Ph.D. Gad Saad

Should be either:
Dr. Gad Saad
or
Gad Saad, Ph.D.

Look forward to the updates. How about mini-golf in the suit? A rock concert? I had a friend who went to a Jane's Addiction concert and saw a guy in a suit rocking out. It left quite an impression on him.[DOUBLEPOST=1384544839,1384544705][/DOUBLEPOST]
Good start. One little critique if you don't mind.

Ph.D. Gad Saad

Should be either:
Dr. Gad Saad
or
Gad Saad, Ph.D.

Look forward to the updates. How about mini-golf in the suit? A rock concert? I had a friend who went to a Jane's Addiction concert and saw a guy in a suit rocking out. It left quite an impression on him.
Also, you could go bow tie vs normal neck tie vs bolo for more variants.

two days in with my suit and I have decided upon an update schedule. Weds and Sundays. Tomorrows blog/post is set to publish (lets hope it does, I seem to be having issues with word press) and I am already working on Sunday. I would like to be working with a two or three piece buffer and if I can do more than that publish three times a week, but for now I want to just be consistent.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Love the blog already.

I sincerely want to give this a shot, but a suit would get in the way of my current lifestyle more than anything.

Thanks, I'm glad people are enjoying it thus far. It is so far a very interesting experience for me, not all good, but interesting and I am glad I have decided to do it no matter what the result.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I tried to post a comment (twice) and both times got "Are you sure you want to do that?" with a link saying "Please try again," that took me back to the home page. May wish to look into it if you desire comments.

My comment was "I DEMAND MOAR POSTS!" because I do, I love the idea, and I need to hear more.

I am glad there are people out there enjoying this. It's been a bit of an adventure so far for me.

I haven't figured out what is going on with the comments yet, I just figured out why the sight wasn't updating for some people and they had to manually refresh the page. At least, I hope I have that figured out. Seems like Chrome users might still have to do a manual refresh to see the new posts.

Anyhow, I think I have that figured out, I'm always tweaking the site, and will look into the comments problem. As for posting more, I do want to be to a point that I can post three times a week instead of just two but I also want to be consistent, so when I can get up to what I feel is a decent buffer without sacrificing (what I hope is) quality work then I hopefully will. For now, updates on Wed and Sundays.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I am glad there are people out there enjoying this. It's been a bit of an adventure so far for me.

I haven't figured out what is going on with the comments yet, I just figured out why the sight wasn't updating for some people and they had to manually refresh the page. At least, I hope I have that figured out. Seems like Chrome users might still have to do a manual refresh to see the new posts.

Anyhow, I think I have that figured out, I'm always tweaking the site, and will look into the comments problem. As for posting more, I do want to be to a point that I can post three times a week instead of just two but I also want to be consistent, so when I can get up to what I feel is a decent buffer without sacrificing (what I hope is) quality work then I hopefully will. For now, updates on Wed and Sundays.
Ah, I actually didn't realize the refresh problem. I just thought you weren't updating. Yes, definitely look into that, I just had to refresh to see your most recent 2 posts.