Zombie Mafia (Forum Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LordRavage

Has anyone played Mafia before?

I was looking over the rules and they could be tweaked to do a zombie version. I could cut and paste the rules and type in the alterations.

I was wondering if anyone would want to try this in forum form?

I could moderate the game and if I have a number of players, I think it could be fun. I tend to be fair almost to a fault.

I would start a thread in the game section but I am kinda putting it here to see if anyone wants to play. So consider this the sign up page. I dont want this to get out of control but if I can get 8 to ten people, then I will put this forward. I will put the rules up and background when everything is ready and PM's will go out to everyone playing. Since I have never done this before, I will try to keep it as simple as possible for everyone involved.

L

LordRavage

I was looking it over and it can be done in a zombie setting with some changes. Maybe I should write up the rules and post them. I will look at it when I get home and see what I can put together..:)

L

LordRavage

I put together a quick rule sheet. If this game gets up and running, I will put it in the game forum.

Zombie
Forum Game

Background

The outside world is overrun with the undead. A virus has killed off most of the population or turned them into flesh eating zombies. Routinely, survivors have come across a complex where people have managed to stay alive and relatively safe. The complex has gone into shut down when it detected an infected person making their way in. The majority must find out who are infected and execute them. The infected that entered the complex must try to infect and feed on the survivors in the complex.

Roles

Zombie/Infected – You look like a person and act like a person but at night you have a hunger for flesh. You and your fellow zombies must vote on which survivor you will kill or infect every night. You may eat or infect one person per night. If you infect, they join your ranks and help you finish off the survivors. If you kill, then the person’s remains are found the next day.

Commander- you are the leader of the group. You know how to find out information and investigate a survivor’s background. Each day you get to pick one person and know if they are a survivor, nurse or a zombie. You keep your position quiet just incase the zombies decide to target you first. You decide if you want to help the survivors or lead the complex to its demise.

Nurse – You are the healer in the group. Each day, you can pick one person and secretly give them medicine so they are protected during the night. You cannot give yourself medicine. You get to pick and choose who will be safe for the night or not.

Survivor – You are the majority. Survivors vote openly for who will be executed per day until all the infected are dead and the complex is clean.

Moderator – This is the person running the events and informing the players in PM what their role is and setting up the phases.

Phases

Day (Phase One)

During the daytime phase, the players deliberate over which suspected Zombie member they wish to nominate for execution. The Survivors want to execute a Zombie member but all players are allowed to vote. Generally, The Moderator will administer the election, the nominees may be given a chance to defend themselves and a majority is required for the execution to be carried out, although voting variants abound. The same rules apply to players who are executed by the Survivors as to players killed by the Zombies. Players must vote, can only vote once and cannot vote for themselves.

The Commander and the Nurse send in their decisions in PM to the Moderator and find out information the next day.

Night (Phase Two)

Zombies cast their vote on who will be eaten or infected. They work together and send their vote to the Moderator. Once the victim is decided, the attack will carry out and the results will be announced the next day. Zombies can vote in normal day executions.

Note – Times will be decided when game starts for voting and how events play out.

Win Condition

If all zombies are wiped out, the complex is clean and you get to live out the rest of your life in peace.

If the numbers of Zombies are one higher to the number of survivors, then the infected win and over run the complex in an orgy of blood and guts.

How to Play

Players must keep their roles secret. Survivors must spend their time deciding on who will be executed to try and save the majority. Zombies want to overrun the complex but know they must do it slowly or they will be found out. The day is spent deliberating on who may be a zombie and voting on an execution. The person who will be executed is given time to plead their case but the vote becomes final after a time.

Once the person is executed, it is found out by all if they are a zombie or survivor.

Status
Not open for further replies.