You Gotta FIGHT! Beastie Boys Cancer Scare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappit

Staff member
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx ... &GT1=28102

Okay, so the guy's chances are quite good, but what really hit me was seeing that the Beastie Boys are in their 40s. Dang, I feel old.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Beastie Boy Adam Yauch has what is described as a \"very treatable\" cancerous tumor in his salivary gland.

An announcement came Monday from the group, which is canceling its tour dates and postponing an album release.

A statement says the tumor was found early. It's confined to one area and is considered very treatable.

In a video released by the band, Yauch tells fans that the Beastie Boys \"have to cancel a bunch of our shows coming up\" because he had \"been feeling this little lump in my throat ... I actually have a form of cancer in the gland, and it's in a gland called the parotid gland, and it's in a lymph node in that area.\"

He will need surgery and other treatment, but the statement says his vocal cords will not be affected. Despite the grim prognosis, Yauch says that \"the good news is that they did scans of my whole body, and it's only localized in this one area. And, it's not in a place that affects my voice, so that's nice.\"

The 43-year-old Yauch is not only part of the pioneering rap group, but has also emerged as a film producer.

P

Philosopher B.

Saw about this on teh 'twitters'. Here's hoping he beats that shit.

S

Steven Soderburgin

CHECK CH-CHECK CHECK CHECK CH-CHECK IT OUT

I GOT CA-CA-CANCER IN MY MOUTH

It took me 1/2 hour to write this. So it probably sucks.

CANCER!

You headed for the doctor man you don't wanna go
You ask you wife, "Please?" but she still says, "No!"
Salivary tumor and no tour date
That lump that's in your throat means your health ain't that great

You gotta fight for your right to chemo!

They told you you had cancer and you said, "No way!"
That's what you get for those two packs a day
Man, canceling shows is such a drag
Now you spend your time pooping into a bag.

(repeat chorus)

Don't step out of this house if that's the clothes you're gonna wear
I'll find you a good wig if you lose that hair
The kids listen in and say, "What's that noise?"
Just a bunch of old men, we're the Beastie Boys!

There was a scene on the Tonight Show where Triumph TICD was teasing the Boys about being a bunch of Beastie Middle-Aged Jews. I was shocked by how old they looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.